Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jocketty on Chapman, Dickerson, Guillen

Re: Jocketty on Chapman, Dickerson, Guillen

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    I didn't realize how bad he has been in KC over the past 2+ years. But then again I wouldn't have a problem with .290/.353/.460 that he posted in Seattle a few years ago.
    He's been a DH too, his fielding has left the building while his ego hasn't.

I'd place a Milo sticker on him and move on

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    I'd place a Milo sticker on him and move on
    or if not make sure you wear a raincoat.

Quote Originally Posted by JayBruce32 View Post
    How's a split or platoon get Bruce's head right again? I think you either demote the kid or play him every day. Sitting him half the time won't help.

Reds are trying to win a pennant, not worrying too much about anyone's "head" right now.

Guillen probably isn't the right guy, but a professional righty bat to platoon with Bruce for the rest of this season would be a helpful move IMO.

Let Bruce get his confidence hitting against righties.

Jose Guillen? No thanks. He's more of a DH now and he has trouble getting on base.

Sounds like Dickerson and/or Chapman could be on their way up:
    m_sheldon No postgame roster moves announced for #reds. Baker said things will be discussed later at team hotel

I'm just not a big fan of sending Stubbs down. He's a streaky player and right now he's in one of those funks, but he's been in them before and has bounced back. Just a little over two weeks ago Stubbs was OPSing .753 which is pretty darn good for a center fielder.
    Last edited by OnBaseMachine; 08-06-2010 at 06:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Sounds like Dickerson and/or Chapman could be on their way up:
    If Springer lands on the DL, then Chapman will be called....

Come Monday, if Springer is still here and isn't going to hit the DL then Bray goes down and Chapman comes up.

Dickerson probably won't be here until Sunday if not Monday.
    You think you got what it takes to play a real fantasy game? Join me at Jockstocks. You can play Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Nascar and even Hockey!

Jockstocks Homepage

Do you have your shirt on? - Adam Dunn to Marty on the Bananna Phone.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    I'm just not a big fan of sending Stubbs down. He's a streaky player and right now he's in one of the funks, but he's been in them before and has bounced back. Just a little over two weeks ago Stubbs was OPSing .753 which is pretty darn good for a center fielder.
    I agree, but if Dusty won't use him, it's a wasted spot and he's not getting the PA he needs.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

The more revealing splits are Guillen and Gomes' home/away stats.... at least the batting avgs.

Gomes LOVES home cooking (296 home/249 away). Guillen likes to eat out (237 home/272 away).

Oh yea, and even though they're both righties, Guillen actually hits righties much better than Gomes. It's not the worst platoon scenario in the world. But I still don't see it happening.
    I have a love-hate relationship with Albert Pujols. Mostly hate.

Yeah, I'm all for a Springer for Chapman switch, I think Stubbs is more valuable than Dickerson, but at this point, I wouldn't mind Stubbs getting his feet back under him for a month then coming back and trying to steal his job back in September. I'm not a big Dickerson fan, and I think Dickerson killing AAA pitching is getting people a little bit too excited. I'd rather see Yonder up to play LF, I've emphatically stated I couldn't give a crap about LF defense if he rakes behind Rolen.
    Domo Arigato, Here Comes Joey Votto

---TRF

"I do what I want to do and say what I want to say."

--Bronson Arroyo

Greatness In The Making RedLegSuperStar's Avatar

I think the Stubbs/Dickerson debate is the playoff roster. I'm sure the Reds are going to want both on the roster come September 1st. I got to believe the want to see how hot Nix stays and if he's worth keeping or not. I'm ok with DFA'ing him but the Reds may not. Personally I think if and injury presents itself they have a better option then Nix in AAA in Dorn. Heck, Francisco could be the power bat off the bench. You can't help but enjoy these types of dilemas.

Quote Originally Posted by RedLegSuperStar View Post
    I think the Stubbs/Dickerson debate is the playoff roster. I'm sure the Reds are going to want both on the roster come September 1st. I got to believe the want to see how hot Nix stays and if he's worth keeping or not. I'm ok with DFA'ing him but the Reds may not. Personally I think if and injury presents itself they have a better option then Nix in AAA in Dorn. Heck, Francisco could be the power bat off the bench. You can't help but enjoy these types of dilemas.
    I wouldn't be surprised if the Reds send a pitcher or two down on August 31, and add an extra bat to the bench. (I doubt that the Reds will need 12 pitchers on the postseason roster in a short series.) Whatever pitcher they send down would still be eligible for postseason play since Lincoln and Arredondo are both on the 60-day DL, and the guy that is sent down could be named as a replacement for either of them.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

I'm just not a big fan of sending Stubbs down. He's a streaky player and right now he's in one of those funks, but he's been in them before and has bounced back. Just a little over two weeks ago Stubbs was OPSing .753 which is pretty darn good for a center fielder.
    Drew Stubbs is simply killing this team right now. I don't think his defense is good enough to make up for his horrible approach and execution at the plate. Heisey is the better player at the moment, and Stubbs should be working on his game at AAA.

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    Drew Stubbs is simply killing this team right now. I don't think his defense is good enough to make up for his horrible approach and execution at the plate. Heisey is the better player at the moment, and Stubbs should be working on his game at AAA.
    17 days ago Stubbs had above average numbers for a center fielder. He's in a slump right now. I expect him to come out of it like he has in previous times. I would be fine with platooning Stubbs/Dickerson in CF in an effort to cut down on some of the streakiness. I also agree that Heisey needs to play more. I think our best outfield right now is Heisey in LF, Stubbs/Dickerson in CF, and Bruce in RF. Gomes can start for Bruce against tough lefties. On days that Gomes starts, Heises shifts to RF and Gomes plays LF.

17 days ago Stubbs had above average numbers for a center fielder. He's in a slump right now. I expect him to come out of it like he has in previous times. I would be fine with platooning Stubbs/Dickerson in CF in an effort to cut down on some of the streakiness. I also agree that Heisey needs to play more. I think our best outfield right now is Heisey in LF, Stubbs/Dickerson in CF, and Bruce in RF. Gomes can start for Bruce against tough lefties. On days that Gomes starts, Heises shifts to RF and Gomes plays LF.
    You're only allowed to have 25 guys on the roster. Somebody has to be the odd man out, and it has to be Stubbs right now.

Turn Off Ads?