Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: We Hardly Drew Ya...

We Hardly Drew Ya...

Drew Sutton claimed by Indians off waivier wire today.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_yl...p-indiansmoves

Spot now open on the 40-man.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: We Hardly Drew Ya...

will Dickerson get that spot or will Yasmani Grandal since he is most likely demanding a MLB contract

sounds like walt was alittle worried about grandal..... thanks for the grand slam drew... good luck

Someone explain to me what we get out of this.

Quote Originally Posted by redssince75 View Post
    Someone explain to me what we get out of this.
    a roster spot for dickerson

There is something I hate about losing Sutton because they chose Cairo. Cairo is having a career year but man I just didnt understand it out of spring and I still really dont even since they basically got lucky.

How many people would have traded a 27 year old who plays well at a ton of positions and hits pretty well and has solid peripherals in AAA that you own for 6 more years, for Cairo? Thats basically what the Reds did.

Its ultimately not a huge loss but it just seems like a bad use of talent.

Quote Originally Posted by redleg1984 View Post
    sounds like walt was alittle worried about grandal..... thanks for the grand slam drew... good luck
    Didn't even think of that, to be honest with you.
    I hope it's never sunny in Philly again.

'19 '40 '75 '76 '90

Sutton was in the wrong place at the wrong time here, good luck in the AL, we'll see you in the 2015 WS.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds View Post
    Sutton was in the wrong place at the wrong time here, good luck in the AL, we'll see you in the 2015 WS.
    Yea he likely wasnt going to get any playing time here, and we have a couple guys like Valaika who will probably ultimately end up as the back up fielder in the next year.

He sure could hit HalMorrisRules's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    There is something I hate about losing Sutton because they chose Cairo. Cairo is having a career year but man I just didnt understand it out of spring and I still really dont even since they basically got lucky.

How many people would have traded a 27 year old who plays well at a ton of positions and hits pretty well and has solid peripherals in AAA that you own for 6 more years, for Cairo? Thats basically what the Reds did.

You act like the Reds put Pete Rose on waivers. Drew is 27 years old and was hitting .262 at Louisville, he was expendable. Also, the Reds didnt own his next 6 years.

Quote Originally Posted by HalMorrisRules View Post
    You act like the Reds put Pete Rose on waivers. Drew is 27 years old and was hitting .262 at Louisville, he was expendable. Also, the Reds didnt own his next 6 years.
    I certainly dont think I said anything like that. I think hes a solid bench player who can play a lot of positions. To give him up for nothing just irks me because of why they had to give him up.

He has 85 days of major league service time. Pretty sure that means they have him for a pretty long while.

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post

When is he arb. eligible?

We do need Cairo and his career year this year though, we aren't playing for the next 6 years anymore. Maybe if we had just waived Alonso or even Francisco for Cairo, but we didn't. We waived a light hitting utility infielder who's only skill was the BB, one that would evaporate once MLB pitchers started challenging him an his lack of power.

He was SLGing under 400 in AAA. No great loss.

Quote Originally Posted by TC81190 View Post
    When is he arb. eligible?

We do need Cairo and his career year this year though, we aren't playing for the next 6 years anymore. Maybe if we had just waived Alonso or even Francisco for Cairo, but we didn't. We waived a light hitting utility infielder who's only skill was the BB, one that would evaporate once MLB pitchers started challenging him an his lack of power.

He was SLGing under 400 in AAA. No great loss.
    I agree. This year of Cairo, may turn out to be worth more than 6 years of Sutton.

Quote Originally Posted by defender View Post
    I agree. This year of Cairo, may turn out to be worth more than 6 years of Sutton.
    Yes, maybe not in a contending year, but we are this year, and we need the production.

dont get me wrong, Sutton isnt great, and he obviously had to be the guy removed. I just think man they really removed Sutton because they wanted Russ Springer and really had to have a 36 year old .650 OPS player on the roster...

I guess what I'm just trying to say is that its crazy that a career year from a 25th man can cost so much in the grand scheme of things.

Turn Off Ads?