Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 110 Games In

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

110 Games In

Reds 62-48, 1 1/2 games up on the Cards (although that will likely be back to 1/2 game as the Cards are smacking the Fish around 7-0 at the time I authored this glorious missive) with 52 to play. Also in great position for the Wild Card should it come to that.

How many of us saw this coming? Honestly? I didn't. I am the eternal optimist when it comes to the Reds and Bengals, but this season has blown the mind of this child of the sunshine.

Once it became clear to me that this bunch was a legit contender and not a team that was going to fade away after the midway point, I made it a point to enjoy it. Each game. It's been sooo damned long since we've had a legitimately GOOD team..I just decided to enjoy it.

I think we'll make the playoffs in some capacity. Makes me sick that we can't gain any separation from the Cardinals, as well as we are playing....our series vs. them in Cincy will be very, very entertaining, but won't provide any type of separation for either team unless there's a sweep....if no one sweeps, there's only a game swing either way.

Will be very interesting to see what happens with the likes of Harang, Homer, Leake, Gomes, etc down the stretch. Lots of difficult decisions to be made. It's easy to be a keyboard cowboy and state your opinion on what needs to be done but, when it's actually your decision, it's much tougher. Point being, let's take it easy on Walt if one of his moves doesn't work out perfectly.

Get behind these boys and let's kick some ass over these next 52 games and hunt for a Red October. Go Reds!
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 110 Games In

I agree with you. it's been a fun ride so far and I hope it keeps up for the next 2 months and hopefully into october, their will be no bigger series than the one that will take place monday night and I realize it's only in august but this is a huge series for both teams to really seperate from each other by a few games.

but, I like your thinking I never expected this, it's been fun.

Quote Originally Posted by redlegs00 View Post
    I agree with you. it's been a fun ride so far and I hope it keeps up for the next 2 months and hopefully into october, their will be no bigger series than the one that will take place monday night and I realize it's only in august but this is a huge series for both teams to really seperate from each other by a few games.

but, I like your thinking I never expected this, it's been fun.
    The only series that will be bigger than the one that starts Monday, is the one that starts September 3rd.

the westcoast trip starts next monday. I am crossing my fingers..

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    Reds 62-48, 1 1/2 games up on the Cards (although that will likely be back to 1/2 game as the Cards are smacking the Fish around 7-0 at the time I authored this glorious missive)
    Just a quick note.... The Reds were up 1 game, not 1 1/2. Each teams game is essentially worth 1/2 game.

Quote Originally Posted by scott91575 View Post
    Just a quick note.... The Reds were up 1 game, not 1 1/2. Each teams game is essentially worth 1/2 game.
    True...I screwed that up.

True...I screwed that up.
    Not a big deal. I simply read the preview of your thread, saw 1 1/2 games, stopped reading, and immediately went to check the Cardinals score thinking "holy crap they blew a 7 run lead!" I was a little disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by scott91575 View Post
    Not a big deal. I simply read the preview of your thread, saw 1 1/2 games, stopped reading, and immediately went to check the Cardinals score thinking "holy crap they blew a 7 run lead!" I was a little disappointed.
    Kept hoping that would happen....did not

lol, I did the same thing! Good news is they didn't waste any run support on Nolasco, and Josh Johnson is pitching tonight!

'19 '40 '75 '76 '90

I had a dream, no lie, that the Cards ended up losing the game 70 to twenty-something in 61 innings, in the dream I checked MLB.com twice, I had doubts even in my sleep. I woke up in a bit of shock, then I realized no way it happened. Seemed real tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds View Post
    I had a dream, no lie, that the Cards ended up losing the game 70 to twenty-something in 61 innings, in the dream I checked MLB.com twice, I had doubts even in my sleep. I woke up in a bit of shock, then I realized no way it happened. Seemed real tho.
    I usually dream about Blake Lively, but it would be cool if your dream came true...

111 games in.....63-48

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

I usually dream about Salma Hayek and she's my wife, sleeping next to me. Well, actually, she's in bed, but she's not sleeping. But this is a family message board.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

111 games in.....63-48
    111 games in............and Cordero is still closing games for the Reds. Yikes!

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    I usually dream about Salma Hayek and she's my wife, sleeping next to me. Well, actually, she's in bed, but she's not sleeping. But this is a family message board.
    Trivial Pursuit with Salma would be anything but.

Turn Off Ads?