Turn Off Ads?
Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 222829303132

Thread: 8/8- Reds @ Cubs, "The Super Sunday Special" "Going for the sweep"

Re: 8/8- Reds @ Cubs, "The Super Sunday Special" "Going for the sweep"

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    That's a reasonable thought. My only problem with this line of thinking is it could essentially be extended so that Wood doesn't throw more than 70 or 60 or 50 pitches in any start.

It's one thing to worry about pitch counts when a guy is struggling with command and has thrown 90 to 100 pitches. Wood went into the 7th having thrown 58 pitches. If you don't pull him there, than I fail to see why you pull him after 4 batters and maybe 12 pitches. At least based on pitch counts by themselves.

He was getting lit up which is the reason I had no problem with him being pulled, but lets not act like sending a guy out with fewer than 60 pitches is going to kill his arm in October.
    If he's pitching well in a close game and has a normal pitch count, of course you leave him in as opposed to going to a lesser middle inning arm. But when it's 8-1 after the homer, and the no-no and shut-out aren't milestones for the manager to leave him in to achieve, I say save the innings for later and give the mop-up guys some work.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

2. Turn Off Ads?
    SERP deep cover ops WebScorpion's Avatar

I think they just officially postponed the Cards-Fish game, so we'll play tomorrow with a full 2 game lead.

"This field, this game, is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and what could be again." -- Terence Mann

Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by corkedbat View Post
    I'm like the rest, I'd love to kno what Votto was saying to Janish after that throw.
    I would imagine it would be "calm down, don't use the fully loaded cannon every time...you didn't need it. And the padding in my glove is getting worn down"

I hope the Cards game isn't final until after the Bengals game.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    Official scorers proving yet again that errors and fielding percentage are as garbage a stat as it gets.
    Quote Originally Posted by corkedbat View Post
    I'm like the rest, I'd love to kno what Votto was saying to Janish after that throw.
    Not good at reading lips, but he seemed to be saying, "take it easy. Easy man." My wife the speech therapist agrees.

Cards-Marlins postponed. Reds have a 2-game lead.

Just announced the Cards-Fish game is postponed. 2 game lead going into the series - a possible 5-game lead coming out. Piecorro says that "Bruce" Welsh will break down the pitching matchups.

Wood is not even throwing close to the same amount of pitches Bailey was a year ago in his starts. I understand being careful but this over the top.
    The pitches thrown is more important than innings to me.

When I see bruce hit....I think he needs to stand a little closer to the plate and maybe those pitches that look like balls...which are really strikes...would be hit. He stands far off the plate and takes those pitches when they are strikes.

Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    Super Sunday Special is an apt description. But watch...we'll light 'em up. I'm gonna say 10-2 win.
    Hat tip to Sir Charles, 11-4 final, although two of those runs were unearned. Certainly you didn't factor in the error, right?
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Turn Off Ads?