Turn Off Ads?

Thread: EPL 2010/2011 Thread

EPL 2010/2011 Thread

Let's get it started. The thgings in which I'm most interested?
    1) Fulham the year after. Can Mark Hughes continue the progress?
    2) Will Donovan end up in England again? (As a Donovan and Crew fan, I hope so...)
    3) Can Man City make the leap. They've really solidified their back line.
    4) Can Arsenal's brand of football actually start winning?
    5) What kind of performance will Liverpool bring to the season?
    6) Can Newcastle rebuild themselves into the club they should be?

BTW, the Communty Shield has been excellent through the first 85 minutes.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: EPL 2010/2011 Thread

Good start today with ManU winning the Community Shield match v. Chelsea, 3-1. Entertaining game. Van der Saar may be 40, but he looked real good in goal today.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

Terribly excited about this season.

I think that six teams have a legit shot at taking the Title this year - the first time in a long time that's happened.

Hoping Liverpool can wash the stain of Tom Hicks away and get some stable ownership. And glad to see Newcastle back in the top flight. Too big of a club to stay down for long.

And I bet Donovan finally pushes the MLS to accept someone's bid for him. Might not be Everton but someone's going to take a big gamble. Probably a mid table struggler with some cash to burn when the transfer window re-opens.

Quote Originally Posted by jmcclain19 View Post
    And glad to see Newcastle back in the top flight. Too big of a club to stay down for long.
    So was Leeds.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

I want to see my squad reach the top flight (Bristol City) but a rash of injuries is going to make that tough. They were bounced out of the Carling Cup by Southend United. Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by improbus View Post
    So was Leeds.
    Point taken. But I think Newcastle inspires enough emotions that it's good to see them back in the top flight. Not a huge fan but they have a huge passionate fanbase. Always good to see.

Speaking Leeds - after a few years in purgatory they might be finally fighting for a EPL slot this year. Probably wishful thinking but I wouldn't mind seeing them and Middlesbrough back up in the top flight for 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by jmcclain19 View Post
    Point taken. But I think Newcastle inspires enough emotions that it's good to see them back in the top flight. Not a huge fan but they have a huge passionate fanbase. Always good to see.

Speaking Leeds - after a few years in purgatory they might be finally fighting for a EPL slot this year. Probably wishful thinking but I wouldn't mind seeing them and Middlesbrough back up in the top flight for 2011.
    I wonder how many Americans became fans of Newcastle because of their Brown Ale.

I still haven't grown attached to any particular team, but I do enjoy watching teams with Americans and started to enjoy Everton when Landon Donovan was playing for them. I also check in on Stoke City every so often because of their connection to the Cleveland Stokers of the NASL.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Any truth to the rumor of Bob Bradley going to Aston Villa?
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    Any truth to the rumor of Bob Bradley going to Aston Villa?
    FoxSoccer.com says no

http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsoccer/w...-united-states

So who's doing the breakdown of each team this year? I always enjoy those. And I wouldn't mind hearing from RawOwl about what Sheffield Wednesday has been up to.

Turn Off Ads?