Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Redzone the Best "Single MLB Team" Website on the interwebz?

Lets Go 'Bird' Hunting

Is Redzone the Best "Single MLB Team" Website on the interwebz?

I have looked at other sites, (gateway red, Brewerscubs,) and they don't even compare to what we here at Red Zone have. is there any other site that can give Red Zone a run for its money?
    Hey Sparky! Indian Hill English teachers taught me everything I know!

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

Re: Is Redzone the Best "Single MLB Team" Website on the interwebz?

SonsOfSamHorn is pretty good

IMO, none of the others even compare. In terms of site layout, discussion, activity, etc, Redszone blows the rest away. There are some good ones, I think SOSH and Oriole Hangout are pretty neat, but they're not as good as us.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Senor Votto

I've looked at a lot of other message boards and this is by far the best one I've come across. I'm not too crazy about Son Of Sam Horn really but that seems to be one of the better ones.

This is hands down the best. SOSH is pretty decent but in my opinion can't touch our humble meeting place.

yes, Reds are the oldest team, have the greatest team of all time time and have the most passionate fans.

I've been a member of most every team's message board. There's none better than Redszone.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Redszone has by far the most active members from what Ive seen looking at other boards.

Looks to be the best to me. I can't really find other ones when I'm looking to read up
    on other teams.

Though we should try to compile a list of other message boards for other teams that are comparable to RZ.

Quote Originally Posted by TC81190 View Post

Though we should try to compile a list of other message boards for other teams that are comparable to RZ.
    I thought we had a list at one time...
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

We did. It's in the Archives, but it's probably a bit out of date now.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

I'd agree with everyone else, Us hands down. I do like Orioles Hangout as well those guys are a passionate bunch and stay fairly active, the look of their site isn't too hateful either. SoSh is so-so to me but better than most others.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    We did. It's in the Archives, but it's probably a bit out of date now.
    Its really out of date.

I'm sure now that we have the Votto/Konerko alliance going that some of you have heard of us at White Sox Interactive. We currently have 8,016 members and almost 2.5 million posts! I think our board is pretty lively (even during the offseason, where we talk a lot of Blackhawks hockey and Bears football).

You're welcome to stop by sometime! We even have a special board called "What's the score?" dedicated to Cubs-only talk (because Cub fans are so baseball illiterate, they don't even know the score to the game they're at). Any Cub-hater is definitely welcomed with open arms.
    My 4 favorite teams in order:
    1. Chicago Blackhawks
    2. Chicago Bears
    3. Chicago White Sox
    4. Whomever the Cubs are playing

I can't speak for other baseball boards, but I have posted on some Cincinnati Bengals boards and currently post at True Blue Kentucky for Kentucky sports. None of the other boards I post at comes close when it comes to the level of quality discussion.

Something I would ultimately like to see one day and I think the internet in general is moving in this direction is networking. Possibly Redszone, Orioles Hangout, SOSH, WhiteSoxInteractive, and the best fan sites of all 32 MLB teams link up behind an upstart website similar to Rivals, Scout, or ESPN. I think it would not only attract new posters to Redszone that are Reds fans, but quality discussion even from outsiders.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Turn Off Ads?