Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 64 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: NL Central & NL Wildcard Scoreboard Watching, Part III

NL Central & NL Wildcard Scoreboard Watching, Part III

With the other thread nearing 1,000 posts, here's a new thread to continue following the plethora of teams in the playoff hunt in the National League.

And to kick this thread off, here is the upcoming schedule over the next three weeks of each NL squad fighting for the playoffs (games scheduled from Monday, August 9th through Sunday, August 29th):

Reds
    3 vs. Cardinals
    3 vs. Marlins
    3 @ Diamondbacks
    3 @ Dodgers
    3 @ Giants
    3 vs. Cubs

Cardinals
    3 @ Reds
    3 vs. Cubs
    2 vs. Brewers
    3 vs. Giants
    3 @ Pirates
    4 @ Nationals

Giants
    4 vs. Cubs
    3 vs. Padres
    3 @ Phillies
    3 @ Cardinals
    3 vs. Reds
    3 vs. Diamondbacks

Phillies
    3 vs. Dodgers
    3 @ Mets
    3 vs. Giants
    3 vs. Nationals
    4 vs. Astros
    3 @ Padres

Padres
    3 vs. Pirates
    3 @ Giants
    4 @ Cubs
    3 @ Brewers
    3 vs. Diamondbacks
    3 vs. Phillies

Braves
    3 @ Astros
    4 vs. Dodgers
    3 vs. Nationals
    3 @ Cubs
    3 @ Rockies
    3 vs. Marlins

Rockies
    3 @ Mets
    3 vs. Brewers
    3 @ Dodgers
    3 @ Diamondbacks
    3 vs. Braves
    3 vs. Dodgers
    The Lost Decade Average Season: 74-88
    2014-22 Average Season: 71-91

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: NL Central & NL Wildcard Scoreboard Watching, Part II

Reds are going to get to Cincy WAY ahead of St. Louis at this point. Cards/Fish still trying to resume in the top of the first.

Re: NL Central & NL Wildcard Scoreboard Watching, Part II

Update on today's games:

The Cards and Marlins are still stuck in a rain delay in the top of the 1st inning. The Phillies just beat the Mets 6-5 to go to 62-49 on the season. The Braves lead the Giants 5-3 in the top of the 8th in Atlanta.

The Rockies lead the Pirates 8-4 in the top of the 8th. It's looking like that four game series will end in a split, which considering how bad the Pirates are that's not a bad series outcome for Reds fans.

The Padres play in Arizona, and that game is getting underway now.
    The Lost Decade Average Season: 74-88
    2014-22 Average Season: 71-91

Re: NL Central & NL Wildcard Scoreboard Watching, Part III

Radar is ugly in south Florida. Hard to see how they will get that one re-started.

Will force Cards to make an unscheduled return trip to Miami at some point if so...

Braves beat the Giants 6-3.

If this is St. Lous' last trip to Miami, they'll wait a long, long time before they call it.

That will certainly help the Reds.

I hope they go 23 innings and have to deal with four separate rain delays, necessitating the use of all 12 pitchers including Friday's starter. And the Cardinals lose. On a walk-off. After leading. At 3 AM.

Only dates which are open on the Cards and Marlins' schedules would be September 2nd and September 20th.

The Marlins have home games before and after both of those open dates. The Cardinals have a 6 game road trip starting on the 21st, so they easily could fly to Miami for one game before going to Pittsburgh the next day.

The other open date (September 2nd) is slightly intriguing...because the Cards will be coming home from a 10 game road trip to face the Reds at Busch Stadium. It'd be nice if MLB would "reward" the Cards with a trip to Miami for 1 game before facing the Reds.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    necessitating the use of all 12 pitchers including Friday's starter.
    Well, Suppan is the starter today, and this was supposed to be his last start. That may have changed within the last day or two, I'm not sure. When Lohse is ready, he will take the #5 spot, and that is supposed to be Friday. His last start for Memphis wasn't very good, so it is possible that Suppan (or Hawksworth) would get one more start, but that wasn't the original plan.

Haunted by walks

According to MLB it's postponed.

Yep, the Cardinals-Marlins game has been postponed. Reds gained 1 1/2 games in the last two days and carry a two game lead into the Cardinals series.

Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    According to MLB it's postponed.
    That's not right. MLB would have made the Reds wait until 9 p.m. to start this one. And the Cards dodge a Suppan start and a good chance at a loss.

:thumbdown

I smell blood in the water. I want a sweep.

I would love to sweep the Cardinals but as much as I love this team, I don't see a sweep happening. Carpenter kills the Reds. Two of three would still be awesome. One thing the Reds can't do is get swept. At worst, they have to win one game.

A sweep puts the Reds five games up. Two of three puts the Reds up three games. Losing two of three keeps us up one game up but I don't even want to think about that. I want another series win.

They just have to play like they belong. For too long they play scared against this Cardinals team and Albert Poopholes. The Reds are better than STL. It's time to prove it

Quote Originally Posted by Reds/Flyers Fan View Post
    That's not right. MLB would have made the Reds wait until 9 p.m. to start this one. And the Cards dodge a Suppan start and a good chance at a loss.

:thumbdown
    From the MLB.com Cardinals site:
    "The rainout will not affect the Cardinals' pitching rotation, pitching coach Dave Duncan said. Jeff Suppan, Sunday's scheduled starter, will be skipped."
    "I think we’re starting to get to the point where people are starting to get tired of this stretch of ball,” Votto said. “I think something needs to start changing and start going in a different direction. I’m going to do my part to help make that change.”

Turn Off Ads?