Turn Off Ads?

Thread: I Bet No One Realized....

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

I Bet No One Realized....

.....that the Reds lead the major leagues in ERA on this road this season.

While everyone seems to realize our hitting (due to GABP) is not as good as the stats indicate, does everyone realize that our pitching is great at holding the other team in check?

They also lead the NL in OPS against at .689.
    Last edited by PuffyPig; 08-08-2010 at 08:43 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: I Bet No One Realized....

Nice stat.

I remain a huge fan of what this staff has gotten done and has become.

Great stat.

Let's hope they lower that home ERA quite a bit this week.

Reds' overall team ERA now at 3.98, tied for 7th in the NL with the Dodgers.

Have to say that Bryan Price has done nice work this year with this talented group too...

How bout that. And without Volquez and Bailey doing a thing. Who woulda thunK?
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

Greatness In The Making RedLegSuperStar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    Reds' overall team ERA now at 3.98, tied for 7th in the NL with the Dodgers.

Have to say that Bryan Price has done nice work this year with this talented group too...
    You can't say enough about Price.. Leake who hadn't thrown a pro pitch, you have the likes of Harang, Bailey, and Volquez on the DL for significant amount of time. You have the likes of LeCure, Maloney, and Wood fill in and Wood has made a name for himself. Cueto and Arroyo has been brilliant. This is no doubt because of Price and his ability to get these guts to notice their flaws quickly and correct them and the ability to pitch at each of their potentials.

Its a good staff. All season long the Reds have had a Rookie throwing Cy Young level ball with Leake in April and May and Wood since then. W/O that every time through the rotation, its a much different staff.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

How many times have we all cried that the Reds don't develop pitchers! This is such a great year!

Price is such an upgrade over Pole.

I see him making more visits to the mound than Pole did and I also see him really talking to the pitchers between innings and praising them when they should be praised and getting after them when necessary.

That is an impressive stat and it says a lot about our pitchers. Suffice to say a team from GABP cannot ever be expected to lead the league in ERA. That will pretty much always be a team from a big ballpark.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    That is an impressive stat and it says a lot about our pitchers. Suffice to say a team from GABP cannot ever be expected to lead the league in ERA. That will pretty much always be a team from a big ballpark.
    I believe they are leading the NL in ERA for the last couple months. I think it's possible....good pitching coupled with exceptional defense. Add on to that the offense pounding on other teams pitching....
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

Turn Off Ads?