Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tonight's game blacked out on ESPN?

Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

Tonight's game blacked out on ESPN?

I can never remember the blackout restriction rules. Does anyone know if tonight's game, which is scheduled to air on ESPN and FSO, will be blacked out on ESPN locally? I'm in Lexington, and I'd love to get to see them in HD for a change.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Tonight's game blacked out on ESPN?

If you are normally able to watch the game on FSO its probably safe to say its going to be blacked out.

sucks i like to listen to the different announcers every once in awhile.

i think i read somewhere that it's paul keels and chris welsh for this series.. lol

Quote Originally Posted by arkimadee View Post
    i think i read somewhere that it's paul keels and chris welsh for this series.. lol
    Pop out by Paul Ganish, to Luis Pujols. Bryan Hannergin is up next.

Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by arkimadee View Post
    Crap, that really puts a damper on this series. Looks like it's a bar with muted televisions for me this week.

keels is the absolute pits.

It was not a sell out 24 hours in advance, so it should be blacked out

Quote Originally Posted by WildcatFan View Post
    I can never remember the blackout restriction rules. Does anyone know if tonight's game, which is scheduled to air on ESPN and FSO, will be blacked out on ESPN locally? I'm in Lexington, and I'd love to get to see them in HD for a change.
    If you have Insight, all reds games are in HD on channel 930, at least in Louisville.

Quote Originally Posted by Krawhitham View Post
    It was not a sell out 24 hours in advance, so it should be blacked out
    I think you're right. I believe it depends on whether or not the game is a sell out and when it was sold out.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monday_Night_Baseball

Monday Night Baseball (beginning in 2007) will co-exist with the local markets' carriers and will not always be subject to blackout. Starting with the 2007 season, ESPN can show teams up to three times a year in local markets.

It has nothing to do with whether or not it's a sellout. That is only the NFL.

It was blacked out May 3rd, riddle me that

'19 '40 '75 '76 '90

Quote Originally Posted by jhc2010 View Post
    Starting with the 2007 season, ESPN can show teams up to three times a year in local markets.
    I think they've spent 2, should have 1 left for you folks in cincy.

I am a fool to these blackout rules....are you telling me that I will not be able to view the Reds tonight if I have directtv and I live in south central Ohio? I also have mlb.tv and I am not going to be able to watch this game?

someone earlier posted about going to a bar to watch.....how can the bar get the game but I can not?

Quote Originally Posted by lidspinner View Post
    I am a fool to these blackout rules....are you telling me that I will not be able to view the Reds tonight if I have directtv and I live in south central Ohio? I also have mlb.tv and I am not going to be able to watch this game?

someone earlier posted about going to a bar to watch.....how can the bar get the game but I can not?
    Do you have Fox Sports? Then you will get it. The original poster must not get Fox Sports in HD. Local broadcasts can block out ESPN in their broadcast area (although there are some exceptions), but if it was not blacked out he could see the game in HD on ESPN.

As another poster pointed out, ESPN can show up to 3 games a year that coincides with a local market broadcast.

In the end, if you have Fox Sports you will see the game. The only question is if ESPN will also be showing the game.
    Last edited by scott91575; 08-09-2010 at 02:08 PM.

Turn Off Ads?