Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Just a stat I find amazing about the Reds pitching

Just a stat I find amazing about the Reds pitching

They lead the league in ROAD ERA.

3.51 on the road this year. Thats better than every single NL team. Incredible if you ask me.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

Re: Just a stat I find amazing about the Reds pitching

I bet the ownership wishes they had a mulligan on designing GABP for Griffey and Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by WildcatFan View Post
    I bet the ownership wishes they had a mulligan on designing GABP for Griffey and Dunn
    Their ERA at home hasnt been all that bad. Its only half an earned run higher. I'm guessing opposing pitching has struggled more at the Reds park than the Reds starters have.

I just read that their 4.43 home ERA is 6th worst in the majors, while the 3.51 road ERA is best in the majors. Am I missing something?

Yea I guess I was looking at something else. It is 4.43 at home.

I think I was looking at starters ERA. Actually I'm sure of it because their team ERA from starters is 4.00.

That's one of the things that worries me about this team is that it's built around pitching and defense in a hitter's ballpark. The ERA is MUCH better on the road, but the offense gets roughly the average bump at home, about .60 OPS. (By comparison, Colorado's OPS goes up .160 at home, and the Yankees goes up .110.) St. Louis gets a .71 OPS bump at home, and their ERA is 1.12 LOWER at home.

Going back and reading this, I have confused myself, but the summary is this: The Reds pitch far worse in their own ballpark, where they play half their games. They also hit better at home, but not as good as the ballpark ERA suggests they should. Does that make sense?

'19 '40 '75 '76 '90

Nice stat, I liked the one I saw yesterday: Yankees and Reds are the only teams to post winning records in each month so far.

Turn Off Ads?