Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: 8-9-10. Reds vs Cards. ESPN

Re: 8-9-10. Reds vs Cards. ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    Basically anyone other than Nix.
    we agree finally!

2. Turn Off Ads?

I don't think it's a terrible lineup. I just wish Heisey was playing. He's batting .400 against righties in 55 ABs, and he is hitting .333 in his last 10 games. The only positive about Nix is that he's hitting .357 in his last 10, and he's left-handed. But Nix isn't very strong against righties (.261 in 119 ABs.)

Quote Originally Posted by sivman17 View Post
    I don't think it's a terrible lineup. I just wish Heisey was playing. He's batting .400 against righties in 55 ABs, and he is hitting .333 in his last 10 games. The only positive about Nix is that he's hitting .357 in his last 10, and he's left-handed. But Nix isn't very strong against righties (.261 in 119 ABs.)
    In games he starts against RHP Nix has this line: .292/.333/.478/.811. It is hard to include his pinch-hitting numbers in there because that is such a tough job (for everyone not named Chris Heisey).

C'mon Dusty....NIX? I swear that Baker is like the most immitator of LaRussa around. But I will give him this: He will walk Albert 5 times if situations allow!

Somebody said that Jim was 3 0f 9 vs Carp, ergo he will feast on him. Small sample size I think. I think that Jim goes 1 for 5 with 2 strikeouts. But whatever happens, what an exiting series this will be. I'm starting to booze it up now to calm my nerves!

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Career batting averages against Carpenter:

Phillips - 5 for 26 - .192
    Nix - 2 for 12 - .167, 1 HR
    Votto - 6 for 15 - .400, 1 HR
    Rolen - 5 for 19 - .263, 1 HR
    Edmunds - 7 for 20 - .350
    Bruce - 3 for 16 - .188
    Hernandez - 4 for 28 - .143
    Janish - 4 for 7 - .571, 2 HR's, 1 triple, 1 double - Just kidding.....never had an at-bat
    Leake - 0 at-bats

Bench:
    Cairo - 4 for 15 - .267
    Dickerson - 8 for 12 - .666, 5 HR's..........just kidding, 5 -13, 5 singles, .385
    Gomes - 0-7, 5 K's......guess we know why he's not starting tonight
    Hanigan - 1-8 - .125
    Stubbs - 2-9 - .222

Got no problem with the lineup. I realize the reason behind putting all the lefties in against Carpenter, but I just think Heisey might have been just as good as Bruce because Carpenter has never faced him, and vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by Magdal View Post
    C'mon Dusty....NIX? I swear that Baker is like the most immitator of LaRussa around. But I will give him this: He will walk Albert 5 times if situations allow!

Somebody said that Jim was 3 0f 9 vs Carp, ergo he will feast on him. Small sample size I think. I think that Jim goes 1 for 5 with 2 strikeouts. But whatever happens, what an exiting series this will be. I'm starting to booze it up now to calm my nerves!
    If Edmonds comes to the plate 5 times tonight I like our chances of winning.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    If Edmonds comes to the plate 5 times tonight I like our chances of winning.
    Edmunds has sat and watched Carpenter for years, and sometimes facing an old teammate gives you extra incentive.

Quote Originally Posted by Magdal View Post
    I'm starting to booze it up now to calm my nerves!
    Might want to save some of that for later when Cordero comes into the game.

OR.......it might be better if you're passed out for that moment.

man i know most of you all hate it, but that lineup looks very sexy to me with edmonds in the middle of it

Quote Originally Posted by arkimadee View Post
    man i know most of you all hate it, but that lineup looks very sexy to me with edmonds in the middle of it
    That Jim Edmonds is some kind of man-candy!

There! I beat Brantley to it!

And darnit guys, DO NOT make it easy on Carpenter! Work the frakking counts!

I actually like this move. edmonds is actually having a pretty decent year this year.

'19 '40 '75 '76 '90

Quote Originally Posted by redlegs00 View Post
    I actually like this move. edmonds is actually having a pretty decent year this year.
    He really is. Not many guys can take a year off then come back and do what he's been doing. It speaks highly of his conditioning and natural talents. That's why he's a future Hall of Famer.

only problem I see with edmonds is..he strikesout alot but, so does gomes and bruce soo go figure.

On my way to the game. I didn't think I could be more excited until Edmonds arrival into the lineup. I'll be the guy in the ugly green tie in the suite next to Bob C.

Turn Off Ads?