Turn Off Ads?
Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324

Thread: 8-9-10 Reds vs. Cardinals (1st Edmonds game)

Re: 8-9-10 Reds vs. Cardinals (1st Edmonds game)

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Wow, nice find. I wonder if Vermicious likes fake Redszone rep...

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    You know, as much baseball as I've watched over the last 5-6 years, I'm finally learning that major league hitters swing at bad pitches because the ball moves and it tricks their eyes. Analyzing an at bat in this fashion is really not fair.
    It's amazing how many people refuse to believe the opponent sometimes makes really good plays and beats you. They are professionals too, you know. They actually seem to think that the only way their team loses is through bad play, major mistakes, luck, bad calls...not just Reds fans, fans from all over. "We" lost, so "we" had to screw up somehow.

Tonight the Cards were better. Priss overcame the slick balls and the Mt Everest like challenge known as a fielder needing a different glove, delaying things for 16 seconds. The seeing eye single was too daunting though. No one could suffer one of those and not throw a hissy fit...The hitters got hot for an inning and took it to Leake (at least 4 of those 4th inning hits were on pretty good pitches, too). Kudos.

Get 'em tomorrow.
    Last edited by guttle11; 08-10-2010 at 01:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by guttle11 View Post
    It's amazing how many people refuse to believe the opponent sometimes makes really good plays and beats you. They are professionals too, you know. They actually seem to think that the only way their team loses is through bad play, major mistakes, luck, bad calls...not just Reds fans, fans from all over. "We" lost, so "we" had to screw up somehow.

Tonight the Cards were better. Priss overcame the slick balls and the Mt Everest like challenge known as a fielder needing a different glove, delaying things for 16 seconds. The seeing eye single was too daunting though. No one could suffer one of those and not throw a hissy fit...The hitters got hot for an inning and took it to Leake (at least 4 of those 4th inning hits were on pretty good pitches, too). Kudos.

Get 'em tomorrow.
    If everyone actually believed this I'd bet RZ wouldn't have nearly as many active threads.Good post though and glad it's the first one I came cross tonight after returning home and logging on for the first time after the hard loss.We have to remember that even the Cubs or Pirates are capable of being the better team on a given night.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Degenerate39 View Post
    I hate the Cardinals
    I hate their pitchers
    I hate their hitters
    I hate their coaches
    I hate their fans
    Brandon? Is that you?

Oh, and to set the record straight...I did NOT coin "Priss"...only liked it and have used it accordingly.

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by guttle11 View Post

Get 'em tomorrow.
    I just thought BP should be taking a strike at the time. I'm not sure where the disagreement is with anything that you posted (as you are responding to traderumor's response to me).

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRedleg View Post
    I just thought BP should be taking a strike at the time. I'm not sure where the disagreement is with anything that you posted (as you are responding to traderumor's response to me).
    I really wasn't talking about anyone in particular, certainly not trying to call you out. Just a mentality I notice around.

Quote Originally Posted by Tornon View Post
    There were 2.. You just responded to the 2nd one ^^ But right before Carpenter was ready to start the first inning, Ryan broke his glove or for some reason needed a new one so Carpenter had to wait on the mound an extra couple seconds while they got Ryan a new glove. They showed in between innings where Carpenter took Ryan into the tunnel and appeared to lecture him
    Thanks, just saw this and have certainly gotten up to speed in the Crissy thread over on ORG.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Am I the only one wondering how long it is until we have Edgar Renteria batting 2nd?
    Bump

Bump
    :notworthy

Bump

Turn Off Ads?