Turn Off Ads?
Page 46 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast

Thread: University of Kentucky Men's Basketball - 6th edition

Re: University of Kentucky Men's Basketball - 6th edition

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    They didn't call him "Sky" Walker for no good reason.
    Of course!!! Should have listed SKY in my first post.

Another excellent candidate.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    Cardinal troll.

Sad part is someone being ignorant enough to equate 10 idiots on twitter with a fanbase comprised of millions. Kentucky fans are passionate, but to attempt to relate those twitterers to somehow being representative of the entire fanbase is just dumb.

(PS- 28-14 ... Where were you after that beatdown at the YUMMY! Center? I guess trolling isn't as much fun when your team just got whipped...)
    Show me the UK fans on twitter and I'll show you the Cardinals scout.com board where:

Peyton Siva was said to be better than John Wall.

An epic meltdown when Marquis Teague picked Kentucky over Louisville

UK was dirty for hiring a Nike guy in Martin Newton yet Louisville hired Tim Fulller, another Nike guy, to keep up.

Every fanbase has idiot fans. I'm not going to pretend Kentucky doesn't because simply put, they do. Some just tend to get magnified more than others, and I live in a state where that is the case.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Yeah, I don't think they rep the fan base (those on twitter) but I did find them to be hilarious... in a... cross the line, going overboard kinda way

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Show me the UK fans on twitter and I'll show you the Cardinals scout.com board where:

Peyton Siva was said to be better than John Wall.

An epic meltdown when Marquis Teague picked Kentucky over Louisville

UK was dirty for hiring a Nike guy in Martin Newton yet Louisville hired Tim Fulller, another Nike guy, to keep up.

Every fan base has idiot fans. I'm not going to pretend Kentucky doesn't because simply put, they do. Some just tend to get magnified more than others, and I live in a state where that is the case.

Oh I totally agree. But death threats and wishing ill health on a person is beyond pathetic. As for the poster who talked about UK's record versus the Ville. All i have to state is this........................... what school has had players permanently banned from pro basketball? 28-14 how is that record since UK got close to the death sentence the 1st time?:

You say troll I say ya okay blue neck Bottom line at least we both love the Red's
    Last edited by Topcat; 01-11-2011 at 04:34 AM.
    2006 Redzone mock Draftee's- 1(st) Daniel Bard(redsox), 1(st sup)( Jordan Walden (Angels), 2(nd) rd.- Zach Britton(Orioles), 3(rd) Blair Erickson(Cardinals), 3(rd) Tim Norton( Yankees),(cuz its a Tim Hortons thing

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    Fun question I saw on another board: Who is your pick for greatest leaper to ever play at UK?

King Rex? Dirk? James Lee? Azubuike? John Wall?
    Kenny "Sky" Walker would be my choice. One of the best all around players to ever put on a Waldcat uniform too.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Minnifield for me. In an early ESPN game (and one of my first basketball memories), he was staring at the rim in a dunk against MSU (IIRC).

Greatest dunk I had ever witnessed-- until Blake Griffin and Derek Rose came along.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Minnifield for me. In an early ESPN game (and one of my first basketball memories), he was staring at the rim in a dunk against MSU (IIRC).

Greatest dunk I had ever witnessed-- until Blake Griffin and Derek Rose came along.

You have the Minnifield dunk correct. That was one of the best dunks you would ever want to see. I think it was during the 82-83 season.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

This one:

YouTube - Dirk Minniefield Dunk

Yeah. That's the single best dunk ever in UK history. Bar none.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Good gracious, Auburn is bad.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

"Dick Vitale Curb Stomps NCAA Pres Into Response"

http://www.sportsbybrooks.com/dick-v...response-29413

Stat geek...and proud

For all the crap Dick gets on here, "Dookie V" and all that stuff, at the end of the day, when he actually gets serious and underneath all the bravado, the dude's usually right on the money. I like the guy. Nobody cares about college hoops more than that dude, even if he does love Duke. (and fwiw, I don't like Duke, but I respect the heck out of them)

And, I haven't really chimed in on the Kanter situation, simply because I'm not a Kentucky fan, but dude should be able to play. People forget that these are 18 year old kids. They do things that they shouldn't because they probably don't know any better. Selby and the big guy from IU should be eligible as well. My personal opinion is that all these kids should get ONE free pass for minor infractions. As long as there's no Eddie Sutton or SMU Football type cheating going on, then the NCAA should just back off. Why keep the charade going on? It's a minor league for the NFL and the NBA and they should just admit it. I mean, if I was born a poor black child like Steve Martin in the Jerk and I was a phenomenal basketball player and my family was poor and I was going to go play basketball in college, sure, I'm getting a free education, but I can't even afford to go to McDonalds. It's not like I can do what other college students do and get a job. I have to practice and play games and go to class. I can't even get a job in the summer because if I want to keep my spot I have to work on my game. In that hypothetical, if some agent offered me 10 grand, you bet I'd take it and hope nobody noticed, and you would too. I can't really speak on the European guys as I don't really know the culture over there, but heck with it, let em play. It's a cattle call anyway.

UK fans, of course, were among the harshest critics of Lasege, and it was four UK Law School graduates on the Kentucky Supreme Court (coincidentally) who ended Lasege’s legal battle against the NCAA (in a 4-3 vote). Karma, anyone?

http://blogs.courier-journal.com/eri...bering-lasege/

:thumbdown
    2006 Redzone mock Draftee's- 1(st) Daniel Bard(redsox), 1(st sup)( Jordan Walden (Angels), 2(nd) rd.- Zach Britton(Orioles), 3(rd) Blair Erickson(Cardinals), 3(rd) Tim Norton( Yankees),(cuz its a Tim Hortons thing

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Topcat View Post
    UK fans, of course, were among the harshest critics of Lasege, and it was four UK Law School graduates on the Kentucky Supreme Court (coincidentally) who ended Lasege’s legal battle against the NCAA (in a 4-3 vote). Karma, anyone?

http://blogs.courier-journal.com/eri...bering-lasege/

:thumbdown
    And, from the same UofL reporter in the same story:
    And I must admit — I like to point out the inconsistency in our two rabid fan bases. U of L fans are writing me telling UK was wrong to go after a player with Kanter’s background in the European pro leagues. They forget how U of L — rightly — fought for Lasege, until it had to side against him in court. And they forget a kid like Simeon Naydenov, who had to repay money and sit games for the exact same reason.
    :thumbdown indeed

Quote Originally Posted by gilpdawg View Post
    For all the crap Dick gets on here, "Dookie V" and all that stuff, at the end of the day, when he actually gets serious and underneath all the bravado, the dude's usually right on the money. I like the guy. Nobody cares about college hoops more than that dude, even if he does love Duke. (and fwiw, I don't like Duke, but I respect the heck out of them)

And, I haven't really chimed in on the Kanter situation, simply because I'm not a Kentucky fan, but dude should be able to play. People forget that these are 18 year old kids. They do things that they shouldn't because they probably don't know any better. Selby and the big guy from IU should be eligible as well. My personal opinion is that all these kids should get ONE free pass for minor infractions. As long as there's no Eddie Sutton or SMU Football type cheating going on, then the NCAA should just back off. Why keep the charade going on? It's a minor league for the NFL and the NBA and they should just admit it. I mean, if I was born a poor black child like Steve Martin in the Jerk and I was a phenomenal basketball player and my family was poor and I was going to go play basketball in college, sure, I'm getting a free education, but I can't even afford to go to McDonalds. It's not like I can do what other college students do and get a job. I have to practice and play games and go to class. I can't even get a job in the summer because if I want to keep my spot I have to work on my game. In that hypothetical, if some agent offered me 10 grand, you bet I'd take it and hope nobody noticed, and you would too. I can't really speak on the European guys as I don't really know the culture over there, but heck with it, let em play. It's a cattle call anyway.
    I disagree about Vitale. I think once you get below the bravado and the dipsy doo dunkaroos, he's someone who's very passionate about the game, but he will 100% side with the "kids" and the coaches every time. He doesn't like the NCAA as an institution, he often complains about the tournament selection committee(How could you leave out XYZ team.)
    As I said, I think you have to appreciate his passion, but recognize his bias.

As for the Kanter situation, a few things to consider, even if you take away the $20,000 that Kanter's father said was for educational expenses, you're still talking about $13,000 which is needless to say a significant amount of money. I think if a booster had handed out $10,000 it would look worse than if a recruit was paid $1,000 or $5,000. The Ohio State Football players were all suspended for half a season and I'm going to guess none of them got caught receiving even $2,000 in benefits(maybe I'm wrong, they are all very tatted up.)

That much being said, I think the NCAA is punishing UK for the Bledsoe case which they couldn't prove but which they strongly suspect he should not have been eligible. This is not really a fair way of doing things, Kanter had nothing to do with Bledsoe, but I'm thinking he's paying the price for Bledsoe's alleged sins.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

That dunk was amazing. Holy freakin' cow!

Turn Off Ads?