Turn Off Ads?
Page 21 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Thread: University of Kentucky Men's Basketball - 6th edition

Re: University of Kentucky Men's Basketball - 6th edition

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    Wishful thinking ^^^^.

Your program is in shambles so you have to try to tear down one of your rivals. Calipari is clean, UK is clean, and it's not going to change.
    http://johncaliparinews.blogspot.com/ proof of Calipari and yes niave KU fans your program has been dirty as heck for years. But what the heck just win right?
    2006 Redzone mock Draftee's- 1(st) Daniel Bard(redsox), 1(st sup)( Jordan Walden (Angels), 2(nd) rd.- Zach Britton(Orioles), 3(rd) Blair Erickson(Cardinals), 3(rd) Tim Norton( Yankees),(cuz its a Tim Hortons thing

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by macro View Post
    I realize there are some good-natured shots taken between some of the regulars in these college threads, but it's not always obvious to everyone that that's what they are. Let's keep to the subject in the thread title, please.

Thanks Macro so is it safe to say that my warning(penalty) was rescinded?
    2006 Redzone mock Draftee's- 1(st) Daniel Bard(redsox), 1(st sup)( Jordan Walden (Angels), 2(nd) rd.- Zach Britton(Orioles), 3(rd) Blair Erickson(Cardinals), 3(rd) Tim Norton( Yankees),(cuz its a Tim Hortons thing

Quote Originally Posted by Topcat View Post
    http://johncaliparinews.blogspot.com/ proof of Calipari and yes niave KU fans your program has been dirty as heck for years. But what the heck just win right?
    haha. That site's about as worthless as thetruthaboutdook. It's funny to see it going the other way though.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Why are you dragging the Jayhawks into this conversation? :
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

RP + Woods = perfect match. Female UofL supporters surely love the message UofL is sending.
    Kentucky was reportedly interested in him as well.

I think Pitino is starting to feel some heat and decided to go "all in", regardless of the quality of player he is recruiting. This could easily blow up in epic fashion.
    Last edited by joshnky; 10-18-2010 at 08:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by joshnky View Post
    Kentucky was reportedly interested in him as well.

I think Pitino is starting to feel some heat and decided to go "all in", regardless of the quality of player he is recruiting. This could easily blow up in epic fashion.
    Don't believe for a second UK ever offered or called about this guy. Cal doesn't need reclamation projects at UK. Just look at our current 2011 recruits... who's the lowest ranked, Wiltjer, at 20-something?

It was a smart move I guess by his AAU coach/Pitino/Jurich because it makes UL look less slimy for taking him if UK and others were 'reportedly' so interested...

Pitino is looking more and more like a desperate man.

Gregg Doyel
    Louisville just took a 6-10 monster who pleaded guilty to assaulting a woman? And UofL fans look down on Kentucky? Hahahahaha
    4 minutes ago from TweetDeck

Gregg Doyel
    Seriously, Louisville fans, what's next -- changing your mascot to the (Woman) Fightin' Mariotti's?
    2 minutes ago from TweetDeck

Gregg Doyel
    I mean, that's a back-breaking addition to Louisville's integrity
    1 minute ago from TweetDeck

Yeah, Kentucky is the program trying to 'win at all costs' ...

Sypher, Shabaka Lands hired and fired, Fuller hired, Coleman ineligible, Dieng ineligible, Sallie ineligible, Knowles and the hairbrush, Jennings tazed, Smith tazed and now Woods the woman beater...

Did I miss anything?

Anyone up for a little scholarship math? (this is taken from another board)

Their roster this year is...

1. SR Preston Knowles
    2. JR Terrence Jennings
    3. JR Jared Swopshire
    4. JR George Goode
    5. JR Kyle Kuric
    6. JR Chris Smith
    7. So Peyton Siva
    8. So Mike Marra
    9. So Stephan Van Treese
    10.So Rakeem Buckles
    11.FR Russ Smith
    12.FR Elisha Justice

They lose Preston Knowles to graduation and I'm guessing that they'll take Justice's ride, so that will leave them with 10 guys on scholarship and 3 rides to offer. They have a 5 man class committed so far.

1. Chane Behanan
    2. Wayne Blackshear
    3. Zach Price
    4. Ryan Taylor
    5. Angel Garcia

That makes 15, if you add Tony Woods that makes 16 and a Billy Gillispie level of ridiculousness.

Do I have something wrong here or does Pitino have 16 scholarships promised to players next year when he only has 13 to give?
    IMO, running off players that YOU RECRUITED is about as low as it gets. As hard as it is to believe, these kids WANTED to be Louisville Cardinals and WANTED to be coached by Pitino. Pitino recruited them, brought them to his school to be coached by he and his staff, and now 3-4 of them will get tossed in the trash heap for better players. Feel bad for the kids.

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    Anyone up for a little scholarship math? (this is taken from another board)

IMO, running off players that YOU RECRUITED is about as low as it gets. As hard as it is to believe, these kids WANTED to be Louisville Cardinals and WANTED to be coached by Pitino. Pitino recruited them, brought them to his school to be coached by he and his staff, and now 3-4 of them will get tossed in the trash heap for better players. Feel bad for the kids.
    Chris Smith is a walk-on because he has his brother, JR, to pay for his school. They'll switch Kuric back to an "academic" scholarship. Also, it seems like Goode has had what Pitino characterizes as a "career-ending" injury every season so he'll probably get dropped. After all, this is the player that when he got hurt last year Pitino said he wouldn't apply for a medical redshirt because given an extra year he still wouldn't play.
    Last edited by joshnky; 10-18-2010 at 02:35 PM.

Any hater with an agenda can create a blog. It doesn't make any of it true.

Quote Originally Posted by joshnky View Post
    Chris Smith is a walk-on because he has his brother, JR, to pay for his school. They'll switch Kuric back to an "academic" scholarship. Also, it seems like Goode has had what Pitino characterizes as a "career-ending" injury every season so he'll probably get dropped. After all, this is the player that when he got hurt last year Pitino said he wouldn't apply for a medical redshirt because given an extra year he still wouldn't play.
    Okay, good, I REALLY hope it works out. This is one situation where I truly don't wish anything bad for UL. Those kids want to be Cards and they should get the chance to enjoy their college choice and get their degree as long as they work as hard as they can on the court and maintain whatever GPA they need in the classroom.

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    The Fightin' Mariotti's. That's hilarious.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Any hater with an agenda can create a blog. It doesn't make any of it true.
    What part isn't true ?

What part isn't true ?
    How about instead of sarcastic baiting one-liners and posting a link to an obviously biased Louisville blog on Calipari (Dieng ineligible, but Bledsoe is eligible), contribute to the discussion instead of trolling?

There are very knowledgable Louisville and IU fans who post on this thread and contribute civil discussions. I'd also echo WMR's post earlier about josh, by far one of the classiest Louisville fans I have met.

Until something of significance with Cal comes up and actually has merit (trust me, you will know when that happens), can we please just drop it?

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Turn Off Ads?