Turn Off Ads?
Page 41 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast

Thread: University of Kentucky Men's Basketball - 6th edition

Re: University of Kentucky Men's Basketball - 6th edition

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Went back and watched the video of Cal getting ejected. You knew it was coming but what cracked me up was that Doron Lamb was the one trying to calm Cal down.

I thought the Vargas non call could have went either way though. It wasn't incidental contact but it was a dangerous fall that could have resulted in a serious injury.

How could Vargas getting under-cut have gone against Vargas? Vargas committed no foul.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    How could Vargas getting under-cut have gone against Vargas? Vargas committed no foul.
    It was a no-call. Didn't suggest Vargas should have been called for it.

Vargas was undercut by a MVSU player and nothing was called. However, from the replay it wasn't an intentional foul on the MVSU player. It could have been called on MVSU or not called at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Looks like Cal is ok with the NBA coming to Kentucky possibly:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5931443

The only downside is I don't see it having much of a benefit to the NBA to relocate a franchise or go through expansion to Kentucky. Most UK fans in general don't follow the NBA and at the most only follow Kentucky players in the NBA.

It would have a benefit though to both Calipari and Pitino in that NBA scouts would constantly be around. If you needed anything else to appeal to recruits, there you go.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-bas...sit-out-a-year

The father of Kentucky freshman center Enes Kanter, who is awaiting a final ruling on his eligibility from the NCAA, said he will “guarantee” that if his son is asked to serve a one-year suspension over amateurism issues he will not enter the 2011 NBA Draft and will play college basketball next season.
    “Enes would do anything to play and help UK, his teammates and fans,” Mehmet Kanter wrote. “In the last two years, one thing me and Enes never discussed was him being pro. He didn’t mention to me about NBA or draft and I guarantee you as a father – if that’s the NCAA's decision Enes will be a sophomore next year in UK.”
    “I been saying from beginning of the review there has never been any monetary exchange between Enes and Fenerbahce,” Mehmet Kanter said. “Enes was 16 years old, never had any knowledge about any accounts and everything has been between me and Fenerbahce.”
    TIFWIW... it would be pretty amazing if Kanter stayed to play with the 2011 class...

OMG..........

That would be too good to be true.

Doron Lamb new freshman scoring record (Mashburn 31) versus Winthrop today (32).

“I been saying from beginning of the review there has never been any monetary exchange between Enes and Fenerbahce,” Mehmet Kanter said. “Enes was 16 years old, never had any knowledge about any accounts and everything has been between me and Fenerbahce.”
    The University of Kentuck and coach John Calipari would like to personally thank Auburn University for introducing this line of argument into player eligibility issues. It's trailblazers like Morgan Newton who make it possible to find new and exciting loopholes to exploit.

In all seriousness, it's a huge recruiting coup if UK can convince him to stay and play for a year, but I'm not sure what the benefit is to Kanter. Maybe if the NBA is locked out however....
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    The University of Kentuck and coach John Calipari would like to personally thank Auburn University for introducing this line of argument into player eligibility issues. It's trailblazers like Morgan Newton who make it possible to find new and exciting loopholes to exploit.

In all seriousness, it's a huge recruiting coup if UK can convince him to stay and play for a year, but I'm not sure what the benefit is to Kanter. Maybe if the NBA is locked out however....
    Wrong Newton. Morgan Newton plays QB for Kentucky.

If he could even be half of what Cam is, I'd be perfectly happy.

The dream scenario for me is that hopefully everybody from this class sticks around if the NBA locks out, a freed Enes, and the top recruiting class next year.

Only problem would be making the scholarship situation work out.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Wrong Newton. Morgan Newton plays QB for Kentucky.

If he could even be half of what Cam is, I'd be perfectly happy.
    Bah. That's what happens when you google very quickly. Was looking for Cam's father's name.
    I'll just go with Rev. Newton
    Last edited by Hoosier Red; 12-23-2010 at 12:18 AM.
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    The University of Kentuck and coach John Calipari would like to personally thank Auburn University for introducing this line of argument into player eligibility issues. It's trailblazers like Rev. Newton who make it possible to find new and exciting loopholes to exploit.

According to Larry Vaught, a decision could be made today. The decision (entirely speculation) is that Kanter would be declared eligible for this season but immediately eligible for the start of next season.

I wonder if Pitino is going to instruct his guys to try and instigate something early with our guys again? This group actually seems better equipped to deal with such tactics than last year's squad.

This is definitely UL's Super Bowl and you know Pitino will pull out all the stops.

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    This is definitely UL's Super Bowl and you know Pitino will pull out all the stops.
    Really? Last year that may have been true but not this year. This UK team just isn't good enough to raise the game to that level for UofL. Last year's UK team brought the hype and swagger that raised this game to another level beyond the normal heat of the rivalry.

Personally, I hated last years UK team and really wanted UofL to win that game. This year, knowing that UK is not quite so intimidating, my level of excitement about the game is much lower. I realize the new arena might make this game have a greater meaning for some fans but, win or lose, we still have a terrific arena and no one will remember the outcome of this game in five years.

Also, to answer your question about Pitino instigating some trouble early on, I'd be shocked if he went for that again. Louisville can beat UK this year without all of that (and it won't work anyway) whereas last year they had no shot without trying something to alter the game plan (and it almost worked).
    Last edited by joshnky; 12-27-2010 at 02:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by joshnky View Post
    Really? Last year that may have been true but not this year. This UK team just isn't good enough to raise the game to that level for UofL. Last year's UK team brought the hype and swagger that raised this game to another level beyond the normal heat of the rivalry.

Personally, I hated last years UK team and really wanted UofL to win that game. This year, knowing that UK is not quite so intimidating, my level of excitement about the game is much lower. I realize the new arena might make this game have a greater meaning for some fans but, win or lose, we still have a terrific arena and no one will remember the outcome of this game in five years.
    C'mon now, you know UL doesn't want UK to start their series off in the Bucket at 1-0 versus UL.

I think the new arena combined with Pitino v. Cal will have the atmosphere pretty electric... Pitino said something about this being their game of the year in his press conference...

Turn Off Ads?