Turn Off Ads?
Page 12 of 67 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast

Thread: University of Kentucky Men's Basketball - 6th edition

Re: University of Kentucky Men's Basketball - 6th edition

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post

I'll admit the Pearlnocchio GIF made me chuckle.

2. Turn Off Ads?

What really made me laugh was the original thread poster instead of replying in the thread started a new one laughing at all the UK responders.

NCAA Infractions Count:
    Bruce Pearl: 1
    John Calipari: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Any truth to the rumor that UK and Duke will begin a two-year neutral site series next year, with sites TBA?

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    Any truth to the rumor that UK and Duke will begin a two-year neutral site series next year, with sites TBA?
    TBK and KSR havent reported it, so I wouldn't run with it.

One would likely be New York with the other probably being Louisville/Nashville/Cincinnati/Atlanta.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    What really made me laugh was the original thread poster instead of replying in the thread started a new one laughing at all the UK responders.

NCAA Infractions Count:
    Bruce Pearl: 1
    John Calipari: 0
    The fact that two schools under Calipari's direction have been in trouble (even before Kentucky) is no accident. I realize Calipari has not been made complicit by any NCAA report. However, it is well known that William Wesley is responsible for the strings being pulled behind the scenes and everyone and their brother knows Calipari looks the other way while it's happening. Calipari may not directly be responsible, but he's every bit complicit, absent of actual infractions against him.

That he's never been named is silly. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. He may be good at covering his tracks but it doesn't make him any less clean.

FYI, John Wall and DeMarcus Cousins were both labeled "special talents" i.e. mentally handicapped, in order to gain admission into Kentucky. Now, I don't just blame Calipari for this because it's not unique to Kentucky to pull off, but it's still slippery.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    I haven't heard anything about that but it would be very cool.

We never did a home and home with Duke b/c K came out with this asinine demand that Duke get 2 home games to UK's 1 because Cameron is so small (which was obviously never going to happen).

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post
    The fact that two schools under Calipari's direction have been in trouble (even before Kentucky) is no accident. I realize Calipari has not been made complicit by any NCAA report. However, it is well known that William Wesley is responsible for the strings being pulled behind the scenes and everyone and their brother knows Calipari looks the other way while it's happening. Calipari may not directly be responsible, but he's every bit complicit, absent of actual infractions against him.

That he's never been named is silly. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. He may be good at covering his tracks but it doesn't make him any less clean.

FYI, John Wall and DeMarcus Cousins were both labeled "special talents" i.e. mentally handicapped, in order to gain admission into Kentucky. Now, I don't just blame Calipari for this because it's not unique to Kentucky to pull off, but it's still slippery.
    Respectfully, Brutus, horsecrap.

WWW isn't widely known to anyone aside from players and coaches within both the high level high school and AAU circuit. "Everyone" knows WWW cheats? No one, aside from high level players and coaches knows his impact. He's mostly a mentor to a select group of teenagers who are unfamiliar with the pitfalls of Division I, elite talent. He becomes a friend to some of those families and players. He's also friendly to many coaches.

There have been no allegations, no NCAA investigations, no hints of wrongdoing-- only hints and baseless conjecture from people who, frankly, should know better.

As to "special talents", John Wall had a 3.5 GPA in his one year of college. And Demarcus Cousins is among the wittiest and funniest players I have ever heard speak. He's positively Barkley-esque.

I don't know where you get this information, but, really, it's absolutey completely wrong. So wrong that I cannot imagine you were serious. So wrong that I'm hoping you were kidding.
    Last edited by Scrap Irony; 09-13-2010 at 07:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Respectfully, Brutus, horsecrap.

WWW isn't widely known to anyone aside from players and coaches within both the high level high school and AAU circuit. "Everyone" knows WWW cheats? No one, aside from high level players and coaches knows his impact. He's mostly a mentor to a select group of teenagers who are unfamiliar with the pitfalls of Division I, elite talent. He becomes a friend to some of those families and players. He's also friendly to many coaches.

There have been no allegations, no NCAA investigations, no hints of wrongdoing-- only hints and baseless conjecture from people who, frankly, should know better.

As to "special talents", John Wall had a 3.5 GPA in his one year of college. And Demarcus Cousins is among the wittiest and funniest players I have ever heard speak. He's positively Barkley-esque.

I don't know where you get this information, but, really, it's absolutey completely wrong. So wrong that I cannot imagine you were serious. So wrong that I'm hoping you were kidding.
    No it's not wrong. I used to cover this for a living and learned a lot in getting to know people. Trust me, it's all 100% accurate.

I know a lot of things the average fan doesn't know. And there are so many people that know so much more than I do.

The only "horsecrap" here is that people get all bent out of shape when they have no clue what is really going on behind the scenes. Calipari is a good guy and he's wise to stay one step away from (most of) the shenanigans, but he's every bit complicit in this stuff.

You do know Rose took his ACT in Detroit right? That's where it was flagged. Know who else lives in Detroit?

Also... *laugh* at the GPA comment for John Wall. Gee, a highly-recognized athlete having a good GPA at a athlete factory? Please. That's highly insulting you would even use that as an example.

For one, there is so much pressure on professors to "pass" players like John Wall, you don't want to be the one who doesn't.

Second, because Wall was put through as a "special talent," his course load was given a different treatment than other players.

If you want to take this offline, I'll give you some additional info as to my identity and where this info is coming from. But I promise you, it's all legit.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post

I'll admit the Pearlnocchio GIF made me chuckle.
    YouTube - Bruce Pearl - We've Got Weapons

Can't have a Bruce Pearl video without this little Freudian slip.

Just so I have this right, you're saying both Cousins and Wall are semi-retarded.

Do I have that right?

If so, you're simply off-base.

One of my best friends in this world has interviewed both. He said Wall had star power and was exceptionally bright. His grades are all his. (Looking at the rest of the team and their GPA, it'd be hard to say someone helped them too much.)

He also compared Cousins to Barkley and said he was the best interview he'd ever had. Engaging, bright, witty-- retarded? Not a chance.

I, too, worked as a journalist, Brutus.

I, too, know "lots of people". Do some of those people question WWW? Sure. Is he assuredly dirty?

Not any dirtier than Thad Matta at tOSU. Or K at Duke. Or Roy Williams at UNC. Or any major player in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Just so I have this right, you're saying both Cousins and Wall are semi-retarded.

Do I have that right?

If so, you're simply off-base.

One of my best friends in this world has interviewed both. He said Wall had star power and was exceptionally bright. His grades are all his. (Looking at the rest of the team and their GPA, it'd be hard to say someone helped them too much.)

He also compared Cousins to Barkley and said he was the best interview he'd ever had. Engaging, bright, witty-- retarded? Not a chance.

I, too, worked as a journalist, Brutus.

I, too, know "lots of people". Do some of those people question WWW? Sure. Is he assuredly dirty?

Not any dirtier than Thad Matta at tOSU. Or K at Duke. Or Roy Williams at UNC. Or any major player in the game.
    I highly encourage you to take this offline if you want to know more. I'm not in the business of degrading players or airing dirty laundry in public.

But I'll give you a hint: reread what I said... did I say they were "semi-retarded?" No... what I said was they were admitted through special talents program. You can make the connection if you try.

Again, instead of telling me how wrong I am without bothering to learn more, I would encourage you to first do due diligence and hear what I have to say. I'm not blowing smoke here.

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post

I don't think I've ever double quoted myself, but here goes (from the UK Basketball thread, 5th Edition)...

Quote Originally Posted by macro View Post
    [Arguing about Calipari is] kinda like arguing religion and politics. No one is going to change the other's mind. That being said, unless some new information comes to light about what happened at UMass and/or Memphis, let's keep the discussion on "2010 Kentucky Wildcat's Men's Basketball". If some new information does come to light, then it probably will deserve a thread of its own.
    Just to reiterate what I said earlier, if Calipari says or does something new and you want to quote it and discuss it, feel free. If your only contribution to the discussion is to bash, troll, dredge up stuff from UMass/Memphis, and/or make baseless predictions about future problems with the program, then please withhold that contribution. Please and thank you (again).
    Last edited by macro; 09-14-2010 at 02:05 AM.

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

John Wall might of been labeled "special talents" but that was more because of the school he attended (Word of God is a new school and is shady) and most likely not because of his academic prowess, as evidenced by his 3.5 GPA while at Kentucky.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

The Eric Bledsoe story comes back to life. Is Pete Thamel still to blame?

Conflicting grades recorded on Eric Bledsoe's high school transcript and a night-school grade report from Parker High School call into question whether the basketball star should have been eligible to play his one year at the University of Kentucky.

Bledsoe's four-year transcript shows he made an A in Algebra 3 in night school as a senior by receiving a 90 during each of the two sessions. However, a grade report from those night sessions showed Bledsoe was recorded as making a C average, with a low C recorded in the first session and a low B recorded in the second.
    http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2...terstitialskip
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

I don't think I've ever double quoted myself, but here goes (from the UK Basketball thread, 5th Edition)...
    I think Wall & Cousins' are quite relevant to the discussion.

Turn Off Ads?