Turn Off Ads?
Page 15 of 67 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast

Thread: University of Kentucky Men's Basketball - 6th edition

Re: University of Kentucky Men's Basketball - 6th edition

The Bledsoe report comes out tomorrow at 4 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Turn Off Ads?

The change to Bledsoe's grade was legit and Bledsoe earned it, per the Alabama High School Athletic Association.

Other talk is that Enes could be eligible by December.

Haters commence.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Wow, I can't wait to read Pete Thamel's follow-up article on this situation.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=5612393

"Eric Bledsoe was a part of our normal institutional process, the NCAA's normal eligibility cycle and a more extensive secondary review by the NCAA eligibility center as well," Kentucky said in a statement issued Friday night. "We maintain our reliance on the high school, university and NCAA eligibility center for initial eligibility and will continue to do so. At no point was the University of Kentucky under investigation by the NCAA nor had any reason to believe we were ever under investigation."

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    The change to Bledsoe's grade was legit and Bledsoe earned it, per the Alabama High School Athletic Association.

Haters commence.
    Technically, they didn't say that it was earned, but couldn't disprove it.

Witherspoon says an investigation found no documentation to justify the improvement. But, he says, an investigation didn't prove that it was improper, either. He added that the report is completes the investigation.
    So in other words, it's a hung jury rather than an acquittal.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

In the NFL they would say there was no irrefutable video evidence. You know, the camera angle wasn't right on the goal line. In the end it was a mucky shade of gray, with no evidence to show exactly what happened. That's where Calipari lives, though, and this won't be the last issue. Not only will people like Thamel keep digging, but Calipari will keep giving Thamel hope because he is what he is. At best he creeps up to the very edge, at worst he dips over and is smart enough to not get caught. The old dog ain't changing tricks now. Round and round we go...
    Last edited by guttle11; 09-25-2010 at 12:18 AM.

"Eric Bledsoe was a part of our normal institutional process, the NCAA's normal eligibility cycle and a more extensive secondary review by the NCAA eligibility center as well," Kentucky said in a statement issued Friday night. "We maintain our reliance on the high school, university and NCAA eligibility center for initial eligibility and will continue to do so. At no point was the University of Kentucky under investigation by the NCAA nor had any reason to believe we were ever under investigation."

Haters commence.
    If a teacher want's to give extra credit work, it is up to him or her to do that. The teacher gave the grade, and he sticks by his grade. Case closed. The NCAA can do nothing about it.

Personally, I think the teacher knew, no doubt, that Bledsoe needed a grade to get into college. He gave enough extra credit so he could give him that grade. I think considering the situation, and the kid, he did the right thing. Bledsoe now in the NBA with a contract, has changed his and his familes entire future. He kept a 2.0gpa or better at UK.

Sometimes mercy is a noble thing.
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

Haters commence.
    You know, thinking about this some more, we're lucky that this investigative committee didn't contact any of our wannabe RedsZone insiders! Might have been a totally different outcome instead of vindication for Eric and his high school teacher.

Quote Originally Posted by George Foster View Post
    If a teacher want's to give extra credit work, it is up to him or her to do that. The teacher gave the grade, and he sticks by his grade. Case closed. The NCAA can do nothing about it.

Personally, I think the teacher knew, no doubt, that Bledsoe needed a grade to get into college. He gave enough extra credit so he could give him that grade. I think considering the situation, and the kid, he did the right thing. Bledsoe now in the NBA with a contract, has changed his and his familes entire future. He kept a 2.0gpa or better at UK.

Sometimes mercy is a noble thing.

Wow. You are freaking brilliant. You mean a teach might help a kid with some extra work if he knows it's the difference between going to college and not going? If the teacher further knows that said student grew up living out of a car and had never been given the advantages that those who are so quick to JUDGE HIM were afforded? (That's called cowardice, btw.)

Nah, we NEVER see a teacher taking an interest in a student's future anywhere else in this country. No, it's just another example of Cal's shadiness.
    Last edited by WMR; 09-25-2010 at 12:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    Wow. You are freaking brilliant. You mean a teach might help a kid with some extra work if he knows it's the difference between going to college and not going? If the teacher further knows that said student grew up living out of a car and had never been given the advantages that those who are so quick to JUDGE HIM were afforded? (That's called cowardice, btw.)

Nah, we NEVER see a teacher taking an interest in a student's future anywhere else in this country. No, it's just another example of Cal's shadiness.
    The teacher sticks by his grade, case closed. It's none of our business.
    Last edited by George Foster; 09-25-2010 at 12:47 AM.
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    You know, thinking about this some more, we're lucky that this investigative committee didn't contact any of our wannabe RedsZone insiders! Might have been a totally different outcome instead of vindication for Eric and his high school teacher.
    If charges are dropped on a suspect, and the prosecutor comes out and says, "we can't find any evidence that it didn't happen, but we can't find any that it did," how much vindication is that really? If I'm a suspect, I'm relieved that I won't be tried or found guilty, but man that's not a very vindicating statement right there. That's essentially saying, 'we think you're guilty but we can't prove it.'
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

I hardly would call it "vindication". The independent investigators basically said that the grades were changed and no one can show proof as to why it was done. It just was done. That's all we know, the rest is hearsay from both sides. They even went to audit grades at a previous school, but couldn't find any because no one knew where the info was. Law states to hold the papers for three years, and two + years later the school is closed and the books disappeared. It's in the report.

Vindication? That's an odd definition. I don't think I would call grade changes that can't be verified or proven to be unjust and missing grade books vindication. It's a hollow ending.
    Last edited by guttle11; 09-25-2010 at 01:53 AM.

Haters commence.
    My money is on Kanter being eligible. He may have to sit out a few games, but I could see him being back by the UNC game.

Wouldn't be surprised if you're right WMR. My guess is 4 games max. When do they play UNC?

Congrats on Bledsoe's grade being deemed legitimate. Not sure it matters so much by the time he's in the NBA, but I'm guessing it's better to not be responsible for vacating a season.

You'll remember that I predicted nothing would come of it, but simply was defending an author's right to find out what the NCAA was investigating, obviously there was some meat on the bone even if it was impossible to prove actual malfeasance.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Turn Off Ads?