Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 67 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: University of Kentucky Men's Basketball - 6th edition

Re: University of Kentucky Men's Basketball - 6th edition

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    I'm not saying I would rather have Calhoun or Self over Cal, just that they are better all-around coaches. Completely left out Jim Boeheim as well. He has a title and is one of the best defensive minds in basketball.

You can replace that with Kentucky in some instances as well. Cal's teams have NEVER been good free throw shooting teams.
    Better all around coaches? Disagree with that as well.

This UK team will break that bad free throw shooting mold and will likely be one of if not the best FT shooting teams Cal has ever coached.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Pretty interesting write-up from MJ after observing a couple summer practices.

Predicts DL will start and calls him most improved.

http://kentuckysportsradio.com/?p=57840

Stat geek...and proud

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    HOW did I forget the greatest coach in Hoosier history?!

It's absolutely amazing how close he got to winning a championship...

If he had won that game I wonder if he would still be coaching at IU today.
    I've often wondered that myself. I wouldn't mind the Sampson era being wiped out. Bring me a DeLorean!

Looks like the 200k won out.

Davis commits to Kentucky.

Let the hating commence.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Looks like the 200k won out.

Davis commits to Kentucky.

Let the hating commence.
    I'd have been pissed if that check I gave Cal didn't net us something.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Wow. Davis/Gilchrist/Teague. Great group of players.

I am so pumped to get to see some real live Kentucky basketball tonight.

If this trip to Canada goes well, I hope they do it every year from now on.

It's an awesome way to integrate new/young players, and let's face it, we'll likely have at least 1-2 impact freshmen every year as long as Cal is coach.

I'm really disappointed that Kanter won't be playing. From all the crazy hype I've heard, I'd really like to see it.

Edit -

WMR,

Not only has Cal made being a UK fan better, but its making me like the NBA more. There will be tons of stars in the league to follow.
    Last edited by TeamSelig; 08-15-2010 at 05:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    I'm really disappointed that Kanter won't be playing. From all the crazy hype I've heard, I'd really like to see it.
    Yeah I would have liked to have seen him as well.

Did you see the World vs. US game that he played in? Pretty much owned Sullinger in that match-up who some services rated as the #1 Center in his class.

It's really not hype with Kanter. I know you weren't using the word in that way, but we usually use the word 'hype' when we don't expect the reality to match up with the word of mouth...

Kanter is legit.

Sure-fire one and doner, IMO, as long as he stays healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    WMR,

Not only has Cal made being a UK fan better, but its making me like the NBA more. There will be tons of stars in the league to follow.
    No doubt! I told a buddy of mine that I would be for sure watching the Rookie vs. Soph game at the ASB for the first time in forever...

I can't tell you how much I enjoy seeing these stars going into the NBA from Kentucky. Especially kids like DeMarcus Cousins and John Wall who are not only NBA All-Star caliber players, but solid citizens who will be good ambassadors for the program for years to come. (Example: Cousins, Wall, and Bledsoe coming back to work Coach Cal's Rookie Camp this summer.)

Can you imagine the pick-up games they'll be having at the Craft Center over the next few years??
    Imagine Wall and Rondo going at it, for instance. I really like how Cal encourages former players to work out and play pick-up in Lexington over the summer.
    Last edited by WMR; 08-15-2010 at 05:25 PM.

Yeah I would have liked to have seen him as well.

Did you see the World vs. US game that he played in? Pretty much owned Sullinger in that match-up who some services rated as the #1 Center in his class.

It's really not hype with Kanter. I know you weren't using the word in that way, but we usually use the word 'hype' when we don't expect the reality to match up with the word of mouth...

Kanter is legit.

Sure-fire one and doner, IMO, as long as he stays healthy.
    Nope I missed it.

Yeah, I meant I'm excited to see him play since I've heard so many good things about him.

I'm on vacation this week and visiting my grandparents in the Ashland area, so I've been watching the game.

A few thoughts from the first half:

It's been kinda sloppy, but there will be a lot more dribble drive next season. Considering they are up 8 at the half and its an extremely early exhibition game, this is a good sign.

The two players who have impressed me the most and I believe will be key players this season are Darius Miller and DeAndre Liggins. I wouldn't be shocked if both players are being mentioned for the NBA after this season, especially Liggins. Both players are going to flourish in the dribble drive.

Another player to watch is Jon Hood. He could be a Jon Scheyer type of player who has the size and ability to play PG/SG/SF. He's made strides as well.

This team will not be anywhere near as talented as last years team (don't believe we will see that again for quite some time), but I believe they will play better together as a team and ultimately set a nice nucleus for the following season if enough players return. Add Davis, Teague, and Gilchrist and this team will be a national title favorite.

I should mention this is all without watching Enes Kanter, who is being held out while UK is waiting on a NCAA ruling on his eligibility.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

The 2009 Cats aren't more talented than the 2010 version. More top heavy in terms of talent? Definitely. This team's talent is spread much more evenly. I do expect this team to experience more bumps and bruises along the way than the 2009 Cats because they don't have as much overpowering star power, but there is an excellent chance they'll be a tougher out than the 2009 Cats come March.

And the 2011 team should be a considerably better team than 2009. You'll have not only the top 3 players at their position coming in, you'll have veteran leaders with 3 years in the DDMO.
    Last edited by WMR; 08-15-2010 at 08:35 PM.

The 2009 Cats aren't more talented than the 2010 version. More top heavy in terms of talent? Definitely. This team's talent is spread much more evenly. I do expect this team to experience more bumps and bruises along the way than the 2009 Cats because they don't have as much overpowering star power, but there is an excellent chance they'll be a tougher out than the 2009 Cats come March.

And the 2011 team should be a considerably better team than 2009. You'll have not only the top 3 players at their position coming in, you'll have veteran leaders with 3 years in the DDMO.
    I should rephrase that. I don't think they will be anywhere near as flashy as last years team. They will have their moments, but there isn't a John Wall or DeMarcus Cousins type player on this team. Kanter possibly, but that remains to be seen.

Brandon Knight has been the player that I have been impressed with in the second half. He has the ability to take over a game if need be. Ultimately if a game is on the line, I figure the ball will be in his hands.

Hood has had three dunks tonight as well.

Turn Off Ads?