Turn Off Ads?
Page 20 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Thread: University of Kentucky Men's Basketball - 6th edition

Re: University of Kentucky Men's Basketball - 6th edition

So should we take that to mean that Topcat does NOT know where Shabaka Lands is currently located?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Topcat View Post
    I find it absolutely hilarious that anyone could be so Naive as to think Calimari is a clean coach. I remember many opinions on him before he was the Wildcats coach. Talk about playing with blinders on . Calipari is a complete rat and this time it will do what should have been done years ago .................Death sentence for Kentucky Wildcats basketball. Winning should involve integrity and not racism, both those factors are null and void in most of the history of Kentucky Wildcat basketball. Free Enes lmfao talk about a joke. Oak hill academy wouldn't touch this kid or any respectable prep school but yup here comes Johnny.

Memphis chose not to listen to Umass fans and now the Wildcat fans are playing the role of sucker to the corruption of WWWes and John Calipari.
    Wishful thinking ^^^^.

Your program is in shambles so you have to try to tear down one of your rivals. Calipari is clean, UK is clean, and it's not going to change.

I don't know where Shabaka is, but I know where he isn't - at the University of Louisville. They brought him in to bring Teague along, he failed, and UofL/Pitino kicked him out the door. If Calipari had done the same thing at UK, Card fans and the Louisville media would be all over him for it. Probably the national media too. But it happens at UofL and it doesn't make a sound - because nobody cares about UofL. UofL is nothing. Not even a dot on the basketball horizon.

Got Pitino? Yes you do, Card fans. And you can have him.

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    I don't know where Shabaka is, but I know where he isn't - at the University of Louisville. They brought him in to bring Teague along, he failed, and UofL/Pitino kicked him out the door. If Calipari had done the same thing at UK, Card fans and the Louisville media would be all over him for it.
    For a bit of perspective: http://rickbozich.courier-journal.co...r-bo-isms.html

Personally, I find the hiring of a coach to obtain a player deplorable but everyone does it including UK and that coach hire usually doesn't last much longer than the player's tenure at a school.

Quote Originally Posted by joshnky View Post

Personally, I find the hiring of a coach to obtain a player deplorable but everyone does it including UK and that coach hire usually doesn't last much longer than the player's tenure at a school.
    That's just not true. At Indiana they only hire these AAU guys for their brilliant basketball minds.

Talk to me Kentucky Wildcat fans when Calipari actually has a non vacated final 4
    2006 Redzone mock Draftee's- 1(st) Daniel Bard(redsox), 1(st sup)( Jordan Walden (Angels), 2(nd) rd.- Zach Britton(Orioles), 3(rd) Blair Erickson(Cardinals), 3(rd) Tim Norton( Yankees),(cuz its a Tim Hortons thing

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.

I really gotta give Louisville fans credit... talking smack when you're about to have the season that is staring you guys in the face takes some major league cojones.

Can't wait till NYE at the Chicken Coop. (Got my tickets, do you?) What better way to christen that new arena than some fricasseed dirty bird? Fries up real nice after about 15 seconds on the grill.
    Last edited by WMR; 10-15-2010 at 02:51 AM.

I do want to add that Josh is the classiest UL fan I have ever encountered and I would be proud to call him a UK fan if he ever decides to convert (likely I know).

Quote Originally Posted by joshnky View Post

Examples of Calipari:

Hiring Milt Wagner as director of basketball operations in order to get his son (Dajuan Wagner) to commit to Memphis.

Offering a scholarship to CJ Henry, former Yankee prospect who did play basketball in HS, to attract the interest of his younger brother Xavier Henry. Henry committed to Memphis but both opted out and left for Kansas after Cal left.

Another one I believe will happen in the future is Stacey Poole's younger brother, who is considered one of the top prospects for 2013. Depends on what happens with the Harrison twins though.
    Last edited by WVRed; 10-15-2010 at 02:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    That's just not true. At Indiana they only hire these AAU guys for their brilliant basketball minds.
    For someone who complains about IU fans taking shots at UK (which I still haven't seen on this board) stuff like this kinda makes it seem like you're asking for it, IMO.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

I realize there are some good-natured shots taken between some of the regulars in these college threads, but it's not always obvious to everyone that that's what they are. Let's keep to the subject in the thread title, please.

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

Quote Originally Posted by Topcat View Post
    Talk to me Kentucky Wildcat fans when Calipari actually has a non vacated final 4
    Rick Pitino: Eight NCAA infractions
    John Calipari: Zero

Just sayin.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Another incredible Big Blue Madness.

Tell me this video doesn't make your spine tingle, UK fans.

YouTube - 2010-2011 Kentucky Basketball: "ROUND 2"

With Kanter we are a FF caliber team.
    Last edited by WMR; 10-15-2010 at 11:10 PM.

In other news involving U of L, Tony Woods, formerly of Wake Forest, has decided to enroll at Louisville in January. Was charged with misdemeanor assault of a female.

I don't think too many Louisville fans are happy over this one. Rick is really having to scrape the bottom of the barrel.
    Last edited by macro; 10-18-2010 at 12:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    In other news involving U of L, Tony Woods, formerly of Wake Forest, has decided to enroll at Louisville in January. Was charged with misdemeanor assault of a female.

I don't think too many Louisville fans are happy over this one. Rick is really having to scrape the bottom of the barrel.
    RP + Woods = perfect match. Female UofL supporters surely love the message UofL is sending.

Turn Off Ads?