Turn Off Ads?
Page 31 of 67 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast
Results 451 to 465 of 997

Thread: University of Kentucky Men's Basketball - 6th edition

  1. #451
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,006

    Re: University of Kentucky Men's Basketball - 6th edition

    Lol, you're blinded by your love for this man.

    I'm sure there are plenty of Kentucky fans that would agree that this guy is a snake.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #452
    GR8NESS WMR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Posts
    16,957

    Re: University of Kentucky Men's Basketball - 6th edition

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Burton View Post
    Lol, you're blinded by your love for this man.

    I'm sure there are plenty of Kentucky fans that would agree that this guy is a snake.

    You think he's a snake, fine. That's your opinion and you're entitled to it. Just don't go spreading lies about how the T. Jones saga went down when all the parties involved have now told the same story.

    Is that what you are? A UK fan who thinks Cal is a snake?
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"


  4. #453
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Bedford, KY
    Posts
    8,992

    Re: University of Kentucky Men's Basketball - 6th edition

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Burton View Post
    Lol, you're blinded by your love for this man.

    I'm sure there are plenty of Kentucky fans that would agree that this guy is a snake.
    Does it really matter what anyone says to you about this?

    Because this smells like troll behavior.

    Romar said everything was above board. Said it last week, in fact, for all the world to read.

    I suggest you read up on the facts before trolling. There are a ton of things you can dog the University of Kentucky for-- a team that is among the most penalized in NCAA history, a boorish fanbase, and a penchant for poo-poohing other team accomplishments among them-- but do the research first.
    "You can learn little from victory. You can learn everything from defeat."
    -- Christy Matthewson
    "Show me a good loser and I'll show you an idiot."
    -- Leo Durocher

  5. #454
    GR8NESS WMR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Posts
    16,957

    Re: University of Kentucky Men's Basketball - 6th edition

    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Does it really matter what anyone says to you about this?

    Because this smells like troll behavior.

    Romar said everything was above board. Said it last week, in fact, for all the world to read.

    I suggest you read up on the facts before trolling. There are a ton of things you can dog the University of Kentucky for-- a team that is among the most penalized in NCAA history, a boorish fanbase, and a penchant for poo-poohing other team accomplishments among them-- but do the research first.
    Meh, your 'facts' aren't much better really. Same amount as Kansas and UCLA. Funny how you never hear about those two schools being 'historically dirty.'


    And your other two 'reasons' are purely opinion-based rationale.
    Last edited by WMR; 11-24-2010 at 04:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"


  6. #455
    Yay!
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Middletown, Ohio
    Posts
    7,418

    Re: University of Kentucky Men's Basketball - 6th edition

    Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    What about DeAndre Liggings?? Best on-ball defender in the nation?
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

  7. #456
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Bedford, KY
    Posts
    8,992

    Re: University of Kentucky Men's Basketball - 6th edition

    Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    Meh, your 'facts' aren't much better really. Same amount as Kansas and UCLA.

    And your other two 'reasons' are purely opinion-based rationale.
    Tied for ninth all-time would, by its very definition, be "among the most penalized in NCAA history," would it not?
    "You can learn little from victory. You can learn everything from defeat."
    -- Christy Matthewson
    "Show me a good loser and I'll show you an idiot."
    -- Leo Durocher

  8. #457
    Yay!
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Middletown, Ohio
    Posts
    7,418

    Re: University of Kentucky Men's Basketball - 6th edition

    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Tied for ninth all-time would, by its very definition, be "among the most penalized in NCAA history," would it not?
    And one of two men's basketball programs (and five overall) to receive the "death penalty."

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_penalty_(NCAA)
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

  9. #458
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    3,736

    Re: University of Kentucky Men's Basketball - 6th edition

    Last night was actually the first time I've really gotten to watch the team this year. Went to bed at half time. Ugly game.

    Just some observations... Brandon Knight is very sloppy. Just 5 turnovers, but it seemed like all of them weren't even forced or pressured... just him losing control of the ball. Obviously his shot was terrible last night... I'm sure I just caught a bad game, but he didn't look that great. Again, I'm not using one game to form my whole opinion.

    Lamb looked sloppy too... 2 turnovers and 3 fouls.. all of which were him not paying attention or not being focused. He is a pretty skinny dude too. I think he will be at UK for all 4 years. (but again, its too early to tell, just my random 2 cents)

    Liggins is a good defender, but Kemba was just too fast and too good for him. Also, why does he have the green light to shoot so much? We need to use him as a role player / hustle guy... not a #1 option. I'm exaggerating, but I don't think theres a need for him to drive to the hoop every play. He is pretty terrible at finishing.

    Enough of the negatives.... Terrance Jones is crazy good. Wow. Last night made me really wish we had Kanter to go along with him. So athletic... can drain 3s. He looked like a future top 5 pick last night.

    Vargas actually didn't look too bad either. Solid. I think we'll survive this year with him coming off the bench. As long as Harrelson rebounds and plays his game, we'll be fine at the 5.

  10. #459
    Et tu, Brutus? Brutus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Posts
    10,475

    Re: University of Kentucky Men's Basketball - 6th edition

    Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    Last night was actually the first time I've really gotten to watch the team this year. Went to bed at half time. Ugly game.

    Just some observations... Brandon Knight is very sloppy. Just 5 turnovers, but it seemed like all of them weren't even forced or pressured... just him losing control of the ball. Obviously his shot was terrible last night... I'm sure I just caught a bad game, but he didn't look that great. Again, I'm not using one game to form my whole opinion.

    Lamb looked sloppy too... 2 turnovers and 3 fouls.. all of which were him not paying attention or not being focused. He is a pretty skinny dude too. I think he will be at UK for all 4 years. (but again, its too early to tell, just my random 2 cents)

    Liggins is a good defender, but Kemba was just too fast and too good for him. Also, why does he have the green light to shoot so much? We need to use him as a role player / hustle guy... not a #1 option. I'm exaggerating, but I don't think theres a need for him to drive to the hoop every play. He is pretty terrible at finishing.

    Enough of the negatives.... Terrance Jones is crazy good. Wow. Last night made me really wish we had Kanter to go along with him. So athletic... can drain 3s. He looked like a future top 5 pick last night.

    Vargas actually didn't look too bad either. Solid. I think we'll survive this year with him coming off the bench. As long as Harrelson rebounds and plays his game, we'll be fine at the 5.
    This team is deeper than last year's team, but they do play more like freshmen than the group last year did most of the time.

    Physically, Jones is a freak. He just can't fall too much in love with the 3-pointer like he started to on Wednesday, or he'll lose the incredible match-up advantages he has offensively. Clearly though, Kentucky runs through him. When he left the floor, everything fell apart.

    Agree about Brandon Knight. He's very talented but sometimes plays out of control. The shot selection for Kentucky as a whole is highly questionable.

    I think this team will be very good come March, but assuming Kanter isn't reinstated (a pretty good bet), it's a team that needs to keep Jones on the floor and will still have some vulnerabilities (lack of a true post presence and decision-making).
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

  11. #460
    Yay!
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Middletown, Ohio
    Posts
    7,418

    Re: University of Kentucky Men's Basketball - 6th edition

    Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post
    This team is deeper than last year's team,
    Not a chance.

    Last year's team had Dodson, Liggins, Orton, Harris, Stevenson and sometimes Harrelson, coming off the bench.

    This year you have Lamb, Vargas, and Hood, sometimes.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

  12. #461
    Bread Gloves Razor Shines's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    6,304

    Re: University of Kentucky Men's Basketball - 6th edition

    Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    Last night was actually the first time I've really gotten to watch the team this year. Went to bed at half time. Ugly game.

    Just some observations... Brandon Knight is very sloppy. Just 5 turnovers, but it seemed like all of them weren't even forced or pressured... just him losing control of the ball. Obviously his shot was terrible last night... I'm sure I just caught a bad game, but he didn't look that great. Again, I'm not using one game to form my whole opinion.

    Lamb looked sloppy too... 2 turnovers and 3 fouls.. all of which were him not paying attention or not being focused. He is a pretty skinny dude too. I think he will be at UK for all 4 years. (but again, its too early to tell, just my random 2 cents)

    Liggins is a good defender, but Kemba was just too fast and too good for him. Also, why does he have the green light to shoot so much? We need to use him as a role player / hustle guy... not a #1 option. I'm exaggerating, but I don't think theres a need for him to drive to the hoop every play. He is pretty terrible at finishing.

    Enough of the negatives.... Terrance Jones is crazy good. Wow. Last night made me really wish we had Kanter to go along with him. So athletic... can drain 3s. He looked like a future top 5 pick last night.

    Vargas actually didn't look too bad either. Solid. I think we'll survive this year with him coming off the bench. As long as Harrelson rebounds and plays his game, we'll be fine at the 5.
    I've seen a few of their games this year and I can assure you Knight is much better than he played last night. I think he's right there with Kyrie Irving.

    Kemba Walker is ridiculous though. I didn't see the game against Mich. St but I was very impressed with what he did against UK.

  13. #462
    GR8NESS WMR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Posts
    16,957

    Re: University of Kentucky Men's Basketball - 6th edition

    Definitely Knight's worst game. He will learn from this.

    2-1 in Maui isn't bad considering our youth.

    UK is paper thin... not sure how one could conclude last years team was thinner...

    The defense was what disappointed me the most last night.

    This team has lots of room for improvement...
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"


  14. #463
    Et tu, Brutus? Brutus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Posts
    10,475

    Re: University of Kentucky Men's Basketball - 6th edition

    Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    Not a chance.

    Last year's team had Dodson, Liggins, Orton, Harris, Stevenson and sometimes Harrelson, coming off the bench.

    This year you have Lamb, Vargas, and Hood, sometimes.
    I wasn't speaking in terms of bodies, but truthfully, as a personal preference, I like Lamb & Vargas better than any of the guys they had last year. I know Orton was a high draft pick, but I'm pretty big on Lamb & Vargas.

    I should have done more to state it was a preference, but I like their 7-man rotation. I agree last year had more players to use at any given time.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

  15. #464
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    303

    Re: University of Kentucky Men's Basketball - 6th edition

    Ouch, rough game for my wildcats last night. We played hard but we were pretty much ran off the floor by an unranked team.

  16. #465
    GR8NESS WMR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Posts
    16,957

    Re: University of Kentucky Men's Basketball - 6th edition

    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Tied for ninth all-time would, by its very definition, be "among the most penalized in NCAA history," would it not?
    You seemed to imply that UK somehow stands alone. As the facts show, they're on the list but hardly extraordinary when compared to the rest of the NCAA. (TIED WITH KANSAS AND MEDIA DARLING UCLA)

    And oh yeah, UK got the death penalty 60 years ago.

    Your post degrading UK and its fans read like the rantings of a UL fan, honestly.

    (LOL or maybe just a Topper with an inferiority complex. )
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"



Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25