Turn Off Ads?
Page 38 of 67 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast

Thread: University of Kentucky Men's Basketball - 6th edition

Re: University of Kentucky Men's Basketball - 6th edition

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    Did IU drive the ball more than a couple times in the 2nd half? Seems to me they settled for jump shots while Kentucky was looking to drive every possession. Add in superior athletes and it's a recipe for free throw discrepancy.

Also, our two best players were saddled with foul trouble for much of the game... that helped IU keep it close.

I thought the defensive intensity from UK was like night and day first half to second.

What about the call that fouled out Darius Miller? Phantom call if I've ever seen one.
    I'm not saying you won because of the officials. UK was just better, but they got away with more than IU did. You did get that favorable whistle at home.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    I'm not saying you won because of the officials. UK was just better, but they got away with more than IU did. You did get that favorable whistle at home.
    I agree we got a favorable whistle overall. When the UK offense is firing on all cylinders, however, you should see three things: 1) Layups/Attacking the rim 2) Free throws 3) Open 3s.

I wasn't sure if Crean was the man for the job at IU, to be honest. After seeing him and his team today live for 40 minutes for the first time this season, I am much more of a believer. He is a quality coach and obviously the recruiting is coming around. He is getting maximum potential from his team, IMO.

I really like Hulls.
    Last edited by WMR; 12-11-2010 at 09:12 PM.

I agree we got a favorable whistle overall. When the UK offense is firing on all cylinders, however, you should see three things: 1) Layups at the rim 2) Free throws 3) Open 3s.

I wasn't sure if Crean was the man for the job at IU, to be honest. After seeing him and his team today live for 40 minutes for the first time this season, I am much more of a believer. He is a quality coach and obviously the recruiting is coming around. He is getting maximum potential from his team, IMO.

I really like Hulls.
    Yeah, I think he is getting the most out of their talent.

Ultimately the score ended up where I thought it would but I thought Kentucky's flurry would come at the start of the second half. Earlier in the thread I meant Lamb when I said Jones. I thought the IU guards would struggle with guarding Knight and Lamb, but it was really Liggins and Knight that gave them the problems.

Are you ready for your av?

Are you ready for your av?
    Lets have it.

caption: JORTS Creaned Us!!

Now... Get posting!!

Wow, that's rough.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Wow, that's rough.
    LOL I wanted it to be funny but not mean-spirited. You're a good dude, just bad taste in teams you root for in college bball.

Well you've got a 168 hour victory dance.

Just wanted to jump in and say the Ville just got Rodney Purvis
    2006 Redzone mock Draftee's- 1(st) Daniel Bard(redsox), 1(st sup)( Jordan Walden (Angels), 2(nd) rd.- Zach Britton(Orioles), 3(rd) Blair Erickson(Cardinals), 3(rd) Tim Norton( Yankees),(cuz its a Tim Hortons thing

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Topcat View Post
    Just wanted to jump in and say the Ville just got Rodney Purvis
    Yeah, we've gotta let you guys have one every now and then.

Still too early to look at 2012 though. Players move up and down the rankings by then and some of the commitments don't stick (like Louisville's class last year). Purvis will though, unless Tim Fuller somehow leaves between now and then.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Weird. I thought I had posted in either this one or the other one, but apparantly not. Didn't want WMR to think I was ducking him though.
    IU's about 75-80% of the way there, which showed tonight because they hung with UK for about 75-80% of the game.

I said before that absent a win, this game wouldn't tell us anything about the Hoosiers. Coming close really doesn't make a big difference, and if IU loses to any of the remaining out of conference teams, any good feelings will be nullified.
    Last year IU sandwiched its two "best losses"(At Illinois 72-70, Vs. Purdue 78-75) with two of its ugliest losses (at home to Iowa by 15 and at Northwestern by 17.)

Still if we take anything positive out of it, Christian Watford played great against legitimate big men. If he can legitimately play the four, the team is 10x better than last year.

I had decided that it would only be fair to give Creek through the pre-conference schedule to 1) Trust his knee and 2) Incorporate himself into the flow of the offense better. He and VJIII both take bad shots at times, but a lot of that has to do with the fact that the offense at various points in their careers has been "4 guys stand around and watch VJIII or Maurice do something."

For IU fans of any length, this is what we call the "Bracey offense."
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

On a side note, Matt Jones has left KSR to become a writer for CBS Sports. Thomas Beisner is now the head. I've always enjoyed Beisner and Drew Franklin's writings over there and always thought Jones was trying for nothing more than to make a name for himself.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Off-nights don't get much better than that for KENTUCKY.

Fun little video here......

YouTube - Marquis Teague Has Crazy Handles, Dimes, And Athleticism; Best PG In '11?

Turn Off Ads?