Turn Off Ads?
Page 39 of 67 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast

Thread: University of Kentucky Men's Basketball - 6th edition

Re: University of Kentucky Men's Basketball - 6th edition

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    Off-nights don't get much better than that for KENTUCKY.
    Typical Vols. Look like a Final 4 team on Saturday, lose at home to Oakland Monday.

That said, Oakland is nothing to sneeze at. 4 days ago they played Michigan State to a 1 point game and Ketih Benson would probably start at all 12 SEC schools.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    Typical Vols. Look like a Final 4 team on Saturday, lose at home to Oakland Monday.

That said, Oakland is nothing to sneeze at. 4 days ago they played Michigan State to a 1 point game and Ketih Benson would probably start at all 12 SEC schools.
    Kind of the same deal for Louisville as well. When they're not able to get out in transition they struggle and that was what happened last night. While they're not high-profile, Drexel is still a quality team and very strong defensively. Sagarin has then 29th, three spots behind UNC and RealTimeRPI had them at 51 prior to yesterday, only one spot behind Washington.

Oakland and Drexel may be good teams but Tennessee and UL should not be losing to them at home. On a neutral court I can understand but at home should be unacceptable if you are going to be a top team.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by joshnky View Post
    Kind of the same deal for Louisville as well. When they're not able to get out in transition they struggle and that was what happened last night. While they're not high-profile, Drexel is still a quality team and very strong defensively. Sagarin has then 29th, three spots behind UNC and RealTimeRPI had them at 51 prior to yesterday, only one spot behind Washington.
    The same Drexel team that lost their starting PG from last year and lost to UK by almost 50? It's funny you would try to compare the Drexel loss to losing AT UNC in a rivalry game or even bring up U-Dub, who UK beat on a neutral floor.

UL has no go to scorer. Hairbrush is probably their best option and that says a lot right there... and what has happened to Mike Marra? Cold doesn't begin to describe it..... dude is like the Antarctic right now... all that being said, I full expect them all to have the games of their lives versus Kentucky in 2 weeks.

Pitino's post-game press conference was classic Pitino... 2 minutes in and he gets a question he doesn't like and storms out... not before delivering the good ole 'inadvertent' middle finger head scratch to the reporter who asked the question that pissed him off so badly.

Honestly, how can Purvis look at Siva's complete lack of development and stick with his UL verbal? I'll be very surprised if it sticks. The best point guard Pitino has put into the NBA is Sebastian Telfair.
    Last edited by WMR; 12-15-2010 at 08:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    Oakland and Drexel may be good teams but Tennessee and UL should not be losing to them at home. On a neutral court I can understand but at home should be unacceptable if you are going to be a top team.
    Can't disagree with that. But Oakland did come within a point of Michigan St. last time out.

Oakland has had a bunch of stinkers too... pretty enigmatic team, IMO.

The same Drexel team that lost their starting PG from last year and lost to UK by almost 50?
    This year's Drexel team is exponetially better than last years. Not that they should be beating Louisville... but still, they are better.

This year's Drexel team is exponetially better than last years. Not that they should be beating Louisville... but still, they are better.
    They looked pretty horrible to me... they kept trying to give the game to UL but UL just refused to take it.

Oakland has had a bunch of stinkers too... pretty enigmatic team, IMO.
    They have at least one future NBA player on their roster. Not sure we can say that about Louisville.

Can't disagree with that. But Oakland did come within a point of Michigan St. last time out.
    It was on a neurtral court too,Detroit. Oakland is better than Drexel but still......
    Reds Fan Since 1971

They have at least one future NBA player on their roster. Not sure we can say that about Louisville.
    They were picked 5th in that horrible conference they play in, correct? Do you know where they were picked to finish last year? (I don't, honestly asking here.)

Who's the sure-fire NBA player on their roster?
    Last edited by WMR; 12-15-2010 at 08:31 AM.

They were picked 5th in that horrible conference they play in, correct? Do you know where they were picked to finish last year? (I don't, honestly asking here.)

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/keith-benson

http://www.nbadraft.net/2011mock_draft

Hmm, draftexpress, which I like a lot better than draft.net, has him going in the 2nd round with the 20th pick... Kid's a good player, no doubt, but he's more of a fringe NBA prospect than any sort of a sure-thing. JMO of course, could be totally wrong.

I think we're bouncing back and forth between Oakland and Drexel here. So I'll clarify my position...

Oakland: Won the Summit League (17-1) and conference tourney last year. Have a future NBA center on their team in Keith Benson.

Drexel: Much improved from last year. Don't care where they were picked to finish. (Don't forget, UF was picked to win the SEC East.) They were 3-5 this time last year. They're 7-1 now against a very similar schedule.

I think we're bouncing back and forth between Oakland and Drexel here. So I'll clarify my position...

Oakland: Won the Summit League (17-1) and conference tourney last year. Have a future NBA center on their team in Keith Benson.

Drexel: Much improved from last year. Don't care where they were picked to finish. (Don't forget, UF was picked to win the SEC East.) They were 3-5 this time last year. They're 7-1 now against a very similar schedule.

EDIT: We got our lines crossed. I was talking about Drexel when you were talking about Oakland and vice versa. Sorry, it's early. Oakland I agree is pretty good. Drexel..... I just don't see it. They really did try to give that game to UL last night several times.
    Last edited by WMR; 12-15-2010 at 08:52 AM.

Turn Off Ads?