Turn Off Ads?
Page 47 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast

Thread: University of Kentucky Men's Basketball - 6th edition

Re: University of Kentucky Men's Basketball - 6th edition

So is Beckham officially a Wildcat? I can't find anything official. Any of you guys back home seen him play? If so, who would you compare him to?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    So is Beckham officially a Wildcat? I can't find anything official. Any of you guys back home seen him play? If so, who would you compare him to?
    Its official, he's a preferred walk-on I believe. If anything its just PG depth.

I'm surprised nobody is talking about Cal cussing Terrence Jones out, since that was the whole story yesterday. If Cal does it it's wrong but Coach K can do it on ESPN and not a word is said.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Its official, he's a preferred walk-on I believe. If anything its just PG depth.

I'm surprised nobody is talking about Cal cussing Terrence Jones out, since that was the whole story yesterday. If Cal does it it's wrong but Coach K can do it on ESPN and not a word is said.

Much ado about nothing. Nearly every coach at one time or another will "cuss" a player. Just something else for media to talk about. Especially since it involved Calipari.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

I'm more surprised no one is discussing the fact that they lost to Alabama.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Where was the story? I guess I missed it. I didn't know anything about it until Cal apologized for it.

I don't see what the big deal was and I don't understand why he apologized for it.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Where was the story? I guess I missed it. I didn't know anything about it until Cal apologized for it.

I don't see what the big deal was and I don't understand why he apologized for it.
    Bobby Knight never would have apologized for that selfish m)*%@$ @$!%@*!!!!
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

He dropped some F-bombs and it was caught on camera. At least it looked like F-bombs with my limited ability to lip read. The media loves to report on that stuff. I was surprised he apologized for it honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    I'm more surprised no one is discussing the fact that they lost to Alabama.
    I think most of us have come to the realization that this UK team, because of it's lack of depth and weakness in the paint, is going to take a few lumps. A fun team to watch, but some glaring holes that may not be fixed this year. We'll go as far as our three-point shooting can take us. Depending on match-ups, this team could go out in the second round, or get hot and make an Elite 8 run. We have to avoid athletic or physical bigs, and that won't be easy in the tourney.

Enjoying this team, but it's hard to not think about what's coming in next year. That team will be special.

During a time out, Cal called Jones a "selfish MFer". Probably not the best choice of words to use, but not a big deal either. Cal's wife called him after the game and apparently wasn't pleased. So Cal apologized. The guy has the most high profile coaching gig in the country and makes $4 million/year, but it's obvious who calls the shots at home.

Gotta love the ladies.

Lol @ Cal calling someone selfish. Laugh Riot.

Quote Originally Posted by Oxblood View Post
    Lol @ Cal calling someone selfish. Laugh Riot.
    Troll much my friend?

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    Troll much my friend?

Blind to Calipari much ?
    2006 Redzone mock Draftee's- 1(st) Daniel Bard(redsox), 1(st sup)( Jordan Walden (Angels), 2(nd) rd.- Zach Britton(Orioles), 3(rd) Blair Erickson(Cardinals), 3(rd) Tim Norton( Yankees),(cuz its a Tim Hortons thing

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Topcat View Post
    Blind to Calipari much ?
    As WOY I believe once said, "Nice opinion, please provide some FACTS to back it up."

Regarding the Cal comment, this is why coaching in the state of Kentucky (that includes Louisville) is such a microcosm of a job. You not only have to win, you have to be everything to everyone. Your presence is requested at certain events (part of why Gillispie was let go) and in a particularly conservative state (the Southern Baptist headquarters is in Louisville), using foul language on national television and having an affair and trying to cover it up in the case of Pitino are frowned upon heavily by people in the state.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

using foul language on national television and having an affair and trying to cover it up in the case of Pitino are frowned upon heavily by people in the state.
    Frowned upon but overlooked as long as you're winning. It's that way at nearly every program.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    Troll much my friend?
    Lol, I thought it was funny, that's all.

Turn Off Ads?