Turn Off Ads?
Page 50 of 67 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast

Thread: University of Kentucky Men's Basketball - 6th edition

Re: University of Kentucky Men's Basketball - 6th edition

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Rick Stansbury is officially my least favorite coach of all time. The stunt before the end of the half didn't help either.
    When I was in college Stansbury was the grad assistant at the same college,Cumberland College in Williamsburg, Kentucky. I would see him out early in the mornings running many days. When he got to Miss State I thought it was neat to have seen a major college coach at his beginnings. But in recent years Stansbury has turned into a real prick. It seems he's always complaining about something and his team is never given a fair shake. It's quite obvious he totally gave in to Sydney and his entourage and that will quite likely bring him down. No, I'm not a fan of his any longer.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    When I was in college Stansbury was the grad assistant at the same college,Cumberland College in Williamsburg, Kentucky. I would see him out early in the mornings running many days. When he got to Miss State I thought it was neat to have seen a major college coach at his beginnings. But in recent years Stansbury has turned into a real prick. It seems he's always complaining about something and his team is never given a fair shake. It's quite obvious he totally gave in to Sydney and his entourage and that will quite likely bring him down. No, I'm not a fan of his any longer.
    I fault Stansbury some for Kanter's being declared ineligible. If Kanter had been declared eligible, it would have given creedence to his comment that Kentucky was shown "favoritism".

That being said, I loved Cal's comment about Dee Bost being a "professional". Stansbury didn't like it too well when Cal alleged one of his players getting favorable treatment by the NCAA.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

It does bring back memories of another famous meltdown:

YouTube - Mike Davis Ejection at Indiana UK game
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

I was able to make it to the game last night... really fun game to attend. I detest Stansbury so I (along with everyone else) went nuts when he got his T. Love Rupp.

Last edited by WMR; 02-16-2011 at 09:06 PM.

Just saw where former UK recruit and NC State signee CJ Leslie was suspended for 1 game for "immaturity issues" by Sidney Lowe.

Kinda wonder if this romantic poem has anything to do with it?

http://deadspin.com/#!5763288

Warning: Wear loose fitted clothing and light some candles before reading. Probably NSFW

I think we've found the perfect nickname for this years team.

"The Unclutchables"

"The Unclutchables"
    My dad says some folks down home are calling em "The Possums." Cause you always see them dead on the road.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

What's your opinion on Kentucky in the tournament, good chance to make a deep run or prob 1 and done?

"The Unclutchables"
    Perfect! I like that one.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by Oxblood View Post
    What's your opinion on Kentucky in the tournament, good chance to make a deep run or prob 1 and done?
    Because this team continues to prove they can't get it done down the stretch in tight games I can't see them going far at all. My best guess right now would be 1-1 in both the SEC and NCAA's.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    Because this team continues to prove they can't get it done down the stretch in tight games I can't see them going far at all. My best guess right now would be 1-1 in both the SEC and NCAA's.
    I'm more optimistic, but a lot is going to depend on the draw. Kentucky's problems have come more on the road while Rupp has been automatic. With how UK fans travel to the SEC tournament and the NCAA tournament, every game is going to be a home game.

I think a Saturday finish in the SEC and a Sweet Sixteen in the NCAA is well within reach. Odds are we are going to be a 5 seed right now and depending on the SEC tournament could improve to a 3.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

LET'S-GO-GA-TORS!!! (clap, clap, clap-clap-clap)

We're 8 point dogs today...seems about right...we are either going to win a close game or get run out of the gym.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    LET'S-GO-GA-TORS!!! (clap, clap, clap-clap-clap)

We're 8 point dogs today...seems about right...we are either going to win a close game or get run out of the gym.
    See, I told you guys that Gator basketball fans actually do exist.

Nice win for the Cats... if they could manage the next two they would win 2nd in the East and avoid the Thursday game. (Cats own tie-breakers with Vandy/UGA)

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post

Nice win for the Cats... if they could manage the next two they would win 2nd in the East and avoid the Thursday game. (Cats own tie-breakers with Vandy/UGA)
    What is the next tie-breaker? Division record?
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post

You'd be surprised, actually....we don't have the passion for hoops that UK fans do, but it's becoming quite popular. Our program saw a bit of a dip over the past few years due to Billy D's flirtations with the Magic and UK, but I really like our chances to get to the Sweet 16 this year and hopefully be even better next year - we have a nice class coming in and return some key players.

As for the game, I was wrong on both counts - we neither got run out of the gym nor won a close one. We were competitive but had no answer to the UK runs in the 2nd half. I was afraid we'd play too much man to man and that's exactly what we did. Our guys do not fight off screens well and we're also prone to giving perimeter shooters way too much space and UK shoots the 3 too well. Bad combo and it cost us the game.

UK has so much doggone talent...if only you could keep them around for a couple of years you'd be unbeatable. Miller was unreal yesterday...we know all about Knight here in Florida as he is a product of the Sunshine State and we're still bitter he is not wearing our colors...Harrellson is a beast on the boards and we had no answer for him....but I must say this....the refs let him get away with a LOT. Still, UK would have won that game regardless.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

Turn Off Ads?