Turn Off Ads?
Page 53 of 67 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763 ... LastLast

Thread: University of Kentucky Men's Basketball - 6th edition

Re: University of Kentucky Men's Basketball - 6th edition

Wonder if that's the last time I'll get the pleasure of seeing Pearl and his ugly orange blazer coach against my Cats?

Really nice road win with a simply amazing performance by Brandon Knight. What a player.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Congrats on the win...and I like your SEC draw much better than ours.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    Wonder if that's the last time I'll get the pleasure of seeing Pearl and his ugly orange blazer coach against my Cats?
    I'm sure you hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I'm sure you hope so.
    If Pearl wasn't such a liar/cheater/scumbag I'd be happy to have him in the SEC.

I like to see good coaches in the SEC. Donovan, Stallings (who I dislike but still respect), Grant at Bama... The more good coaches in the SEC, the better it is for our league.

Pearl, on the other hand, needs to be kept far, far away from college kids. He deserves the same show-cause penalty assessed to Kelvin Sampson.

I hope that they fire the UT AD the same day they fire Pearl. I'm still amazed you can be the presiding AD while your men's basketball AND football programs commit major rules violations (with probation in both all but guaranteed) and keep your job... If this deal happened at UK the press would have seen Barnhardt and Calipari run out on a rail (and deservedly so).
    Last edited by WMR; 03-07-2011 at 02:46 PM.

You think the UT AD is responsible for Pearl lying about a barbecue? You think he's responsible for keeping Lane Kiffin within the rules? I think the investigation will show that the AD tried to police these guys but they went off the rail all by themselves

As for UK Calipari is no choir boy either. Don't think it couldn't happen to you

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Not directly UK related, but UK/SEC fans may find the latest Tubby Smith rumor interesting:

Tubby moves on to Georgia Tech following a buy-out of Paul Hewitt's contract.

Also, John Pelphrey is on the hot seat at Arkansas. If he gets the boot, expect the Razerbacks to make a full-court-press to hire Mizzou's Mike Anderson.

That fake Facebook page is darn near the funniest thing I've ever seen.

"No you're not. Lol."
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

You think the UT AD is responsible for Pearl lying about a barbecue? You think he's responsible for keeping Lane Kiffin within the rules? I think the investigation will show that the AD tried to police these guys but they went off the rail all by themselves

As for UK Calipari is no choir boy either. Don't think it couldn't happen to you
    Sea Ray, I swear to God, if Cal did what Pearl did, and blatantly lied and worst of all instructed RECRUITS to lie, I would WANT him fired.

Believe it or not, I have some friends who are UT fans and I honestly feel bad for what they have had to go through. That AD needs to go, way too much bad stuff has happened under his watch.
    Last edited by WMR; 03-07-2011 at 03:43 PM.

Well, Hamilton hired Kiffin and I am pretty sure he hired Pearl as well, so wouldn't you agree that even if he tried to police them that he deserves the blame for hiring two men to run two big time programs and both of them are, to be kind, less than ethical?

I do agree with you though that they went off rails on their own (from what I've read) but hiring both of them in first place seemes to me to indicate a desire for winning over ethics.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy View Post
    Well, Hamilton hired Kiffin and I am pretty sure he hired Pearl as well, so wouldn't you agree that even if he tried to police them that he deserves the blame for hiring two men to run two big time programs and both of them are, to be kind, less than ethical?

I do agree with you though that they went off rails on their own (from what I've read) but hiring both of them in first place seemes to me to indicate a desire for winning over ethics.
    In addition, Hamilton ran off a football legend in Phil Fulmer. Add that to what is going on with the basketball program and the one year of Kiffin and Hamilton needs shown the door.

Tennessee after Fulmer left reminded me a lot of Kentucky with Tubby. A guy who the game has passed by that a fraction of the fanbase still loved, but the other half wanted to see win at all costs. Once both were gone, both Kentucky and Tennessee made the worst hires possible (Gillispie from a PR standpoint, Kiffin from just about everything). Both programs made the right choices though the second time around.

My prediction on what I think will happen: Hamilton is fired and replaced by Pat Summitt. Mickie DeMoss takes over the womens team and Josh Pastner is hired from Memphis to replace Bruce Pearl. I think it is all entirely possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

Pass. WVU rematch with Pitt looming in the sweet sixteen. I think we could beat Pitt but this isn't the year for payback against WVU.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

My prediction on what I think will happen: Hamilton is fired and replaced by Pat Summitt. Mickie DeMoss takes over the womens team and Josh Pastner is hired from Memphis to replace Bruce Pearl. I think it is all entirely possible.
    Your guess is as good as mine, but when you consider that Tennessee is arguably the second best SEC job, one would think that they'll be able to land a coach who at least has proven he can at least advance in NCAA play.

Pastner may well be a diamond-in-the-rough, but it seems too risky. Tennessee can ill afford another Buzz Peterson/Wade Houston-like hire. I remember all too well when Don DeVoe was foolishly canned. It wasn't pretty.

Pastner would be a great hire, IMO. He can recruit as well as anyone in the country and would keep UT in the national picture. Donnie Tyndall might be a name you'll hear if Pearl is canned (or the NCAA cans him for the folks in Knoxville). They, too, might go after Missouri's Anderson (though that seems a bit sideways).

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    Your guess is as good as mine, but when you consider that Tennessee is arguably the second best SEC job, one would think that they'll be able to land a coach who at least has proven he can at least advance in NCAA play.

Pastner may well be a diamond-in-the-rough, but it seems too risky. Tennessee can ill afford another Buzz Peterson/Wade Houston-like hire. I remember all too well when Don DeVoe was foolishly canned. It wasn't pretty.
    Pastner has great recruiting ties and is doing the opposite of Calipari in Memphis in that he is keeping the local kids in-state. He landed Will Barton when Barton was all but a lock for UK and has assembled a pipeline of talent that will compete in C-USA. Tennessee needs someone who can bring in-state talent to Knoxville and Pastner fits the bill.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Pastner would be a great hire, IMO. He can recruit as well as anyone in the country and would keep UT in the national picture. Donnie Tyndall might be a name you'll hear if Pearl is canned (or the NCAA cans him for the folks in Knoxville). They, too, might go after Missouri's Anderson (though that seems a bit sideways).
    Tyndall is a reach, although I think he is gone. Rumor has it Bradley is looking at him. If Tyndall does leave Morehead St I would love to see Kelly Wells get the job. He's done pretty good at Pikeville.

The only job I see Mike Anderson leaving Missouri for is Arkansas if it comes open.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Tennessee the 2nd best SEC job? Sorry, gotta disagree there.

If we're speaking in terms of fan support, that would be Arkansas. Monetarily, it would be Florida.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

Turn Off Ads?