Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 67 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Thread: University of Kentucky Men's Basketball - 6th edition

Re: University of Kentucky Men's Basketball - 6th edition

Stellar close to the article. I mean, really stellar.

Karakas said he is skeptical of Kanter’s intentions.

“I don’t believe that Enes will be a very good student at school in the States,” he said. “He won’t be a hard worker. I know. I know his fundamentals for school. We know the education that he had before and what he did here in Turkey.

“But he’s a very hot prospect for basketball.”
    A decent human being would have left crap like that on the cutting room floor... but not Pete Thamel.
    Last edited by WMR; 09-07-2010 at 10:12 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    To be fair the copy before the editor(who was secretly pressing for bad things on Kentucky to hide a UCONN scandal) cut it said.

“I don’t believe that Enes will be a very good student at school in the States,” he said. “He won’t be a hard worker. I know. I know his fundamentals for school. We know the education that he had before and what he did here in Turkey.

“But he’s a very hot prospect for basketball.”

Said the mean mean man who should never be trusted because he's bad. Seriously disregard everything from anyone who is Turkish. Listen to John Calipari. He says he's clean.

So it's not really Thamel's fault.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Anything involving UK is news. It's just really crappy the way the NYT and Thamel choose to present it, especially where kids are involved.
    It's not just UK. It's Kanter possibly being paid by his professional Turkish team. It has nothing to do with Kanter being a kid (though, to be fair, he's almost 20).

There is no shame in reporting it. There is no shame in quoting specific coaches. (Though that quote at the end of the story does kind of show the Turkish side of this story is being a bit snippy.)

A decent human being would have left crap like that on the cutting room floor... but not Pete Thamel.
    Oh here we go, back to WMR turning into Moe Syszlack "WON'T SOMEONE PLEASE THINK ABOUT THE CHILDREN."

Why should that be cut? I mean it's a relevant quote from a relevant party involved in the story. Because it insults a player it should be cut?
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    It's not just UK. It's Kanter possibly being paid by his professional Turkish team. It has nothing to do with Kanter being a kid (though, to be fair, he's almost 20).

There is no shame in reporting it. There is no shame in quoting specific coaches. (Though that quote at the end of the story does kind of show the Turkish side of this story is being a bit snippy.)
    Who do you work for, the NYT?

Enes' birthday is May 20, 1992.

You're both wrong on this matter IMO. The good news is that I have zero interest in trying to persuade you otherwise. I've stated my opinion on this latest drivel and that will be all the ones and zeroes I waste on the NYT (until their next love letter from Thamel to UK).
    Last edited by WMR; 09-07-2010 at 10:21 PM.

Nice. Attack the poster, not the content.

Sad, really. I expected more from you.

Nice. Attack the poster, not the content.

Sad, really. I expected more from you.
    How exactly am I attacking you? I did correct your incorrect information on Enes Kanter.

I typed that I think you're absolutely wrong on this matter. That's not an attack.

Who do you work for, the NYT?

Enes' birthday is May 20, 1992.

You're both wrong on this matter IMO. The good news is that I have zero interest in trying to persuade you otherwise. I've stated my opinion on this latest drivel and that will be all the ones and zeroes I waste on the NYT (until their next love letter from Thamel to UK).
    Sorry WMR, gets under my skin when people complain about reporters doing their job. Former news writer who had to take crap from a guys dad when I wrote about him getting arrested for getting in a fight. By the way I never said anything about his age, I don't particularly care what age you are, when you agree to play at a division 1 college you have to be ready for anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    Sorry WMR, gets under my skin when people complain about reporters doing their job. Former news writer who had to take crap from a guys dad when I wrote about him getting arrested for getting in a fight. By the way I never said anything about his age, I don't particularly care what age you are, when you agree to play at a division 1 college you have to be ready for anything.
    And that's your opinion. You are certainly entitled to it.

I just disagree with you. No big deal, the Earth will continue to spin on its axis...

How exactly am I attacking you? I did correct your incorrect information on Enes Kanter.

I typed that I think you're absolutely wrong on this matter. That's not an attack.
    He IS almost 20. He's an adult. Not a child, as you have intimated.

And that's your opinion. You are certainly entitled to it.

I just disagree with you. No big deal, the Earth will continue to spin on its axis...
    Fair enough. If you'll allow me one last parting shot. Pete Thamel and the NY Times have nothing personally against Kentucky. As I wrote when the first allegations about Bledsoe came out, the mere fact that the NCAA is investigating makes all the claims "newsworthy."

I'd venture to guess if these things were being alleged against a Duke, UNC, Kansas, or UCLA recruit the article wouldn't change. If you're against allowing adults to trash 17 year olds that's a reasonable critique, but please spare me the bias charge. It's so old and tired and used by every fan base.

He IS almost 20. He's an adult. Not a child, as you have intimated.
    Scrap, YOU'RE WRONG. Hehe, he's NOT 20, he's 18.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Enes-Kanter-5168/

http://www.euroleague.net/competitio...asoncode=e2008

Unless all these websites are wrong. Where are you seeing 20?

Edit: And I'm pretty sure that if he was 20 he'd be in the NBA right now.

This reminds me of the Lasage situation at Louisville in Crum's later years. Except Lasage wasn't very good at basketball anyway.

Ricky P lining up a monster class for 2011??

Looks like hiring that assistant is paying dividends already.

I still hear LOTS of Quincy Miller to Baylor stuff... I think that's where Clifton is trying to push him, for obvious reasons. I do think he's UL's to lose right now.

BTW: Cal recently said that there are two kids who are still listing UK that UK is not recruiting. He can't name them because of NCAA rules but...

it's Tony Wroten and Quincy Miller.

Having UK on your list of schools is great for a recruit, obviously. Just found that sort of interesting.

Turn Off Ads?