Turn Off Ads?
Page 62 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1252585960616263646566 ... LastLast

Thread: University of Kentucky Men's Basketball - 6th edition

Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar

Re: University of Kentucky Men's Basketball - 6th edition

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    Not sure what you mean, this thread was bumped yesterday before the game and the day before that and the day before that etc. etc. ....

UK fans aren't as surprised as Clark Kellogg who couldn't manage a SINGLE word for the final 3 minutes of the broadcast after Knight's dagger last night...
    I was out here each of those days, maybe it doesn't show up on my computer. I was just curious how UK was feeling about their team and no one was saying anything.

Kellogg is about as non-homer as an alumni announcer can get. That is just a silly comment.
    Can't win with 'em

Can't win without 'em

2. Turn Off Ads?
    C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    I was out here each of those days, maybe it doesn't show up on my computer. I was just curious how UK was feeling about their team and no one was saying anything.

Kellogg is about as non-homer as an alumni announcer can get. That is just a silly comment.
    The UK thread is kinda hit or miss. Unless Razor/WMR are bantering back and forth or something of interest pops up, its not as busy a thread as it used to be.

I was impressed with how Ohio State handled themselves before, during, and after the game. For those who might have missed it, a reporter in New Jersey asked the players "How could Ohio State let a team who was led primarily by freshmen beat them?" Diebler started to answer and Matta stopped him and said "I'm sorry, what the hell are you talking about? That was a stupid question. Kentucky is a very good team and won their conference tournament."

I feel bad for Ohio State after this weekend, with everything going on with Tressel in football and losing with IMO a team that was better than the Oden team. Hopefully you guys rebound next year.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Burton View Post
    Nice lucky win last night, OSU would win 9 out of 10 times but this happened to be the one that counts. Ugly shot by Knight as he flailed it up at the end there, surprised that fell... I guess luck was on your side, the bball gods felt bad considering anything won under Cal's reign will be retracted in the future. Good luck vs. UNC, I hate the Tar Heels as well but I think I'll be a fan on Sunday.
    I don't disagree on the 9 times out of 10. I said the same thing about WVU last season.

Don't know what you are talking about with Knight's shot. It was rushed, but at the speed the game was going, there was a difference. I could tell as soon as it left that it had a shot at going in. If Knight's shot was ugly, Buford's was atrocious.

As for Cal, I've said the same thing about Thad Matta in the past. Given what is going on with Tressel right now and Jim O'Brien before Matta, I wouldn't be throwing rocks if I lived in a glass house. Ohio State isn't exactly an example of NCAA compliance.

As for the Tar Heels comment, I think Puffy summed it up.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Great game UK fans. One of the worst losses of my fan life, but a hell of a game. OSU didn't lose that game, they simply lost to a very, very good team that was able to match up with them extremely well all over the court.

Nice lucky win last night, OSU would win 9 out of 10 times but this happened to be the one that counts. Ugly shot by Knight as he flailed it up at the end there, surprised that fell... I guess luck was on your side, the bball gods felt bad considering anything won under Cal's reign will be retracted in the future. Good luck vs. UNC, I hate the Tar Heels as well but I think I'll be a fan on Sunday.
    As a fellow OSU fan, and an alumnus, let's show a little bit of class, huh? There was no luck associated with that game. UK outplayed us, plain and simple. No reason to show up around here taunting them when I haven't seen one UK fan start any nonsense regarding their win.

Congrats to the Wildcats and yes that truly was painful for me to say. Elite 8 even if it ends now is a spectacular year for them.
    2006 Redzone mock Draftee's- 1(st) Daniel Bard(redsox), 1(st sup)( Jordan Walden (Angels), 2(nd) rd.- Zach Britton(Orioles), 3(rd) Blair Erickson(Cardinals), 3(rd) Tim Norton( Yankees),(cuz its a Tim Hortons thing

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.

The longest Final 4 drought in UK history is OVER. !!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

Final Four, eh? Not bad, that coach you have might be a keeper.

Final Four.

It's been way too long and I never expected this team to go this far. It is a great time to be a Kentucky fan right now.

<mod removal>
    Dude, seriously, the trolling is getting old. I thought Ohio State fans were supposed to have class, but wow.

BTW, an Ohio State fan accusing Kentucky of cheating when its own football program is having problems and the basketball program has had its own share of infractions is kinda like the pot calling the kettle black.
    Last edited by The Operator; 03-27-2011 at 08:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    The longest Final 4 drought in UK history is OVER. !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kentucky played great today and Friday though. Awesome game plan and they made shots. I think they are the most talented team in the nation and it's coming together nicely for them.
    Last edited by dabvu2498; 03-27-2011 at 08:31 PM. Reason: Removed baiting.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Here's 39 pics from Rivals of both post-game celebration/ceremony and some game shots as well...

http://kentucky.rivals.com/photofeat...=888&fid=36372
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

I have to say, UK's run is pretty cool to watch. As of last Wednesday, I'm tentatively a Wildcat since I got accepted into their graduate school.

I'm sort of a Johnny Come Lately (been an OSU fan all my life, so Friday's game was odd - my new school vs. my life-long team), but I'm definitely hoping for UK to go all the way.

I'll have to start getting learned up on my UK sports history so I can fit in at the games next year.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    2013 Reds Record when I attend: 5-4
    2012 Reds Record when I attend: 10-7

Anybody think the Princeton scare helped Kentucky in the tournament?

It's unbelievable what this team has accomplished. They have come so far in such little time. It was only Feb 23 when thet lost to Arkansas and looked to be no better than 6 or 7 seed in the tourney. No more than one win in the tournament. But something clicked. I think finally winning a close road game in Knoxville was the turning point. That gave them the confidence they needed to execute in these close late games. They built on that from there. Whatever happens from here is gravy. They have become one of the legendary teams in UK history no matter what happens this weekend.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Turn Off Ads?