Turn Off Ads?
Page 67 of 67 FirstFirst ... 17576364656667

Thread: University of Kentucky Men's Basketball - 6th edition

Re: University of Kentucky Men's Basketball - 6th edition

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    I agree 100%. Its pretty well known that the one and done type players spend the first semester in class and then don't go in the second. Since the semester isn't over before the basketball season is over there are no checks and balances. Knight has been pounding this point home for a number of years now so what he said isn't anything new or groundbreaking. The only schools that "require" the students to go to class during the basketball season are the ones on quarters because their quarter is over right around tournament time.

I have no knowledge of what the UK players did but I would be surprised if the ones drafted finished up their 2nd semester. In reality if your drafted there is no need to attend class after the season is over.
    He doesn't have that knowledge either. He apologized today. If he has a problem with the "one and doners" then he should attack the NCAA, not Kentucky. They're just taking advantage of the current rules.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I was a bit surprised by Knight leaving early. By all initial accounts he was going to stick for a couple years and was not in a position where 'his family needed the money'. Jones I'm not surprised by, he seemed the type and his waivering on the choice of college seemed even more to indicate a likely early exit. Liggins seems like a reach, but at least he has what he believes is a reason.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Buckeye fans (still angry about the Tournament obviously) pointing fingers about one and dones is rich indeed. Shall we start counting the One and Dones from OSU over the past several seasons? Where were all the Buckeye fans whining about One and Dones when they were playing for the National Championship?
    Last edited by WMR; 04-20-2011 at 01:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    I have no knowledge
    Yes, you obviously have no knowledge about this situation, we understand that.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    I was a bit surprised by Knight leaving early. By all initial accounts he was going to stick for a couple years and was not in a position where 'his family needed the money'. Jones I'm not surprised by, he seemed the type and his waivering on the choice of college seemed even more to indicate a likely early exit. Liggins seems like a reach, but at least he has what he believes is a reason.
    Keep in mind, they haven't left yet. I think at least one will end up coming back, most likely Liggins, followed by Jones, then Knight.

I actually think Knight is the one most likely to stay in the draft.

Next Season:

- PG Brandon Knight
    - GF DeAndre Liggins
    - C Josh Harrellson
    - PF Terrence Jones

+ #6 PF Anthony Davis 6'10" 220
    + #3 SF Mike Gilchrist 6'6" 190
    + #2 PG Marquis Teague 6'2" 170
    + #25 PF Kyle Wiltjer 6'9" 225

Roster:

G Marquis Teague
    G Jarrod Polson
    G Doran Lamb
    G Jon Hood
    F Stacey Poole
    F Mike Gilchrist
    F Darius Miller
    F Anthony Davis
    F Kyle Wiltjer
    C Eloy Vargas

What do you see the lineup as? Looks like we will be stuck playing some small ball.

I could see Cal going with a 6-7 man rotation again... something like this

PG Teague 35 Lamb 5
    SG Lamb 30 Gilchrist 10
    SF Gilchrist 25 Miller 15
    PF Miller 20 Davis 10 Wiltjer 10
    C Davis 25 Vargas 15

Can Davis handle the 5 spot? He has like a 7'0" wingspan doesn't he?

What is really interesting about next years team is that it seems like everyone has great handles along with a good passing ability. If you look at highlights of Davis/Wiltjer, they are playing like guards. Teague/Gilchrist handle the ball like NBA all stars.

Plus, it looks like they can all shoot pretty well. Maybe someone can clarify with Gilchrist... the mixtape I watched didn't really have him shooting alot, but does he have 3pt range? Teague looked like he had a decent shot, Lamb is ridiculous (49%!), Miller is good (44%), Wiltjer's strength looks to be shooting.... All these shooters.... plus Gilchrist/Teague to slash and tear defenses apart.

We are also pretty athletic so I think we will be able to rebound, push the pace, force turnovers, etc... might be an issue defending the paint or big man depth.

We're almost at 1,000 posts here, so time for a new thread.

Turn Off Ads?