Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Travis Wood to AAA to make room for Edmonds

Travis Wood to AAA to make room for Edmonds

according to Mark Shelton on Twitter

m_sheldon

Travis Wood optioned to Triple-A Louisville to make room for Edmonds. #reds
    m_sheldon

With two off days upcoming, #reds don't need 5 starters it appears. We will learn more soon.
    Larkin is a First-Ballot HOFer in my book...

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Travis Wood to AAA to make room for Edmonds

hmmm, might they consider bringing him back up immediately after tonight's game and send Leake down? Hard to remove Wood from the rotation the way he is pitching and Leake is the bigger concern in terms of innings pitched, right?

Have to wait 10 days before recalling him (outside of a player being DL'd)
    Larkin is a First-Ballot HOFer in my book...

actually, Fay just tweated that Francisco is packing his stuff. That would make more intuitive sense to me anyway.

Wood and Frisco are going to AAA. I'm guessing Bailey or Chapman is on their way up.

Get Aroldis here now!
    Cincinnati Reds
    Marshall Thundering Herd

Kentucky Wildcats
    Indianapolis Colts

Washington Wizards

Fay's twitter updated - just Wood, Francisco staying.

Ridiculous. They should have made the Edmonds move after tonight and sent Leake down.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

It's pure hell having too much talent in this organization. I long for the days of Jimmy Haynes, Eric Milton, and the revolving door of not ready for primetime starters and bullpen help from triple A. And the days of Chris Denorfia, and other wanna-be major league players. (I know Denorfia is still playing in the major leagues for San Diego, I think..........but how he remains in mlb is a mystery to me)
    "I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.

"Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Biff Pocoroba View Post
    Fay's twitter updated - just Wood, Francisco staying.
    Wow. Reds are no longer playing a man short; now they've got a 6-man bench.

This series is looming bigger (for the FO) by the minute.
    Everything is perfect, but there is a lot of room for improvement. --- Shunryu Suzuki-roshi

Edmunds just showed up and gave a clubhouse speech about how he hates Larussa and wants to win this series badly. The whole team went bonkers and tore up the locker room. Votto hurt his wrist and Rolen hurt his hammy in the fraucaus. Phillips got kicked on his bruise. All three are out for tonight's game.
    "I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.

"Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

I am not crazy about either move today but, every time I question WJ I end up looking foolish, so I will shut my pie hole.

BTW - FWIW, I was one of the staunchest defenders of the Rolen Trade. I have, however, questioned several of WJ's other moves. Hope Edmonds can have the same type of effect on the clubhouse that Rolen has.
    Founder and Ruling Elite of the Derrick Robinson Fan Club. Limited amount of memberships available.

Quote Originally Posted by malcontent View Post
    Wow. Reds are no longer playing a man short; now they've got a 6-man bench.

This series is looming bigger (for the FO) by the minute.
    I think it is a great move to have an extra bat on the bench for this series. They could not have used Wood any way.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    I am not crazy about either move today but, every time I question WJ I end up looking foolish, so I will shut my pie hole.

BTW - FWIW, I was one of the staunchest defenders of the Rolen Trade. I have, however, questioned several of WJ's other moves. Hope Edmonds can have the same type of effect on the clubhouse that Rolen has.
    Me too. I looked really stupid when they signed Corey Patterson and then Willy Tavares. I thought those were terrible signings at the time.

The Mike Lincoln move made me looked really pathetic. I thought he'd be bad.

Quote Originally Posted by davereds24 View Post
    Ridiculous. They should have made the Edmonds move after tonight and sent Leake down.
    What does it matter? Wood only has about 35-40 innings left before he is shut down anyway. You need to skip him at some point, or shut him down early. Right now it makes sense to skip him.

Turn Off Ads?