Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Chris Carpenter is......

Re: Chris Carpenter is......

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    Actually, Ryan has been flaky all year and has generally been an immature player in his career. The Cards have put up with his antics because he is one of the best defensive SS in the game (even in a down year he is in the top 5 in Ultimate Zone Rating). However, this kind of stuff is nothing new with Ryan and it gets annoying at times watching him all year. Yes Carpenter is a pitcher and teammate but I have no problem with him calling out a player that doesn't have his head in a game and important series. I like Ryan but he is a head case at times.

He had an issue with his glove, should he had just played with a glove with a broken string? Would that make Carpenter feel better when Ryan boots a ball because of the glove?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Carpenter:
    "It was just a little miscommunication on my part or misunderstanding on my part," he said. "We're fine. Everything is good. We're good."
    Cut to:

Ryan, normally among the most gregarious and quotable Cardinals, left the clubhouse without talking to reporters
    Sounds as if everything is good to me. LOL.

...a jerk to his teammates.

At the time he allowed the second run, which he got mad at Ryan for, it was a blowout. At least the way Carp was pitching it felt like the Reds were lifeless at the plate. The final score still left little to be desired in the "close game" category however.
    I missed the first 3 innings so didnt see any of it, but what does what Ryan did before the game accoring to you have to do with runs scored once the game began? I am confused reading your last 2 posts whats going on....?
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

the biggest piece of crap in baseball.. i hate the sight of that idiot. he's probably the best pitcher in baseball, no doubt about it but I HATE HIM. He is in the Barry Bonds category as a bass hole to me. I wish that Ryan would have slapped that little witchy frown off his face last night.

I thought it was pretty funny after his last temper tantrum that 3 or 4 Cardinals had to go over to him and pat him on the back to try and calm him down.

Quote Originally Posted by bounty37h View Post
    I missed the first 3 innings so didnt see any of it, but what does what Ryan did before the game accoring to you have to do with runs scored once the game began? I am confused reading your last 2 posts whats going on....?
    The second run scored on a ground ball right where the shortstop normally plays. Ryan was playing more up the middle at the time. And since Crying Chris can do no wrong it had to be someone else's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by arkimadee View Post
    the biggest piece of crap in baseball.. i hate the sight of that idiot. he's probably the best pitcher in baseball, no doubt about it but I HATE HIM. He is in the Barry Bonds category as a bass hole to me. I wish that Ryan would have slapped that little witchy frown off his face last night.
    wow. I agree with everything you said.
    Cincinnati Reds
    Marshall Thundering Herd

Kentucky Wildcats
    Indianapolis Colts

Washington Wizards

Quote Originally Posted by Krawhitham View Post
    He had an issue with his glove, should he had just played with a glove with a broken string? Would that make Carpenter feel better when Ryan boots a ball because of the glove?
    Actually, the issue was Brendan bringing out the actual wrong glove.

Hondo, the reason why I know what I know is because Ryan has said even in interviews that "he needs to take things more seriously" and just watching this team all the time its well known that Ryan is more knuckleheadish than most of his teammates.

Are avatars a perk?

Brendan Ryan is more of a knucklehead than Felipe Lopez? That's hard to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by couch_manager View Post
    Brendan Ryan is more of a knucklehead than Felipe Lopez? That's hard to believe.
    I haven't heard anything bad about Lopez so I cannot comment on that issue.

Hondo, the reason why I know what I know is because Ryan has said even in interviews that "he needs to take things more seriously" and just watching this team all the time its well known that Ryan is more knuckleheadish than most of his teammates.
    So that's why Carpenter personally requests Ryan to play SS when he is pitching?

Quote Originally Posted by DocRed View Post
    So that's why Carpenter personally requests Ryan to play SS when he is pitching?
    No, he requests Ryan because Ryan is a spectacular defender.

I had read that his glove was broke, had to use another players glove while that player fixed his, then switched back up once his was fixed? This was from St Loius site i think, though I cant find the link now, so not sure of that part.
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bounty37h View Post
    I had read that his glove was broke, had to use another players glove while that player fixed his, then switched back up once his was fixed? This was from St Loius site i think, though I cant find the link now, so not sure of that part.
    He was down in the batting cages during the top of the first and was late getting out when the inning went quicker than he expected. He was in a hurry and grabbed the wrong glove on his way out to the field.

Turn Off Ads?