Turn Off Ads?
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Astros Fan Whiffs On Foul Ball, Allows Date to Get Hit

  1. #1
    Member OnBaseMachine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    34,844

    Astros Fan Whiffs On Foul Ball, Allows Date to Get Hit

    This is hilarious. What are the chances of this couple still being together after that?

    For example: kids get top priority over adults. Always. This is not up for debate. Also: guys must protect their date from getting hit on the elbow with screaming line drives. A Houston Astros fan, identified only as "Bo," violated the latter on Monday night when he completely whiffed on a line drive off the bat of Chris Johnson, allowing his date, identified as "Sarah," to get plunked on her right elbow.
    Follow the link to watch the video.

    http://backporch.fanhouse.com/2010/0...te-to-get-hit/
    I miss Adam Dunn.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Right Down Broadway
    Posts
    18,667

    Re: Astros Fan Whiffs On Foul Ball, Allows Date to Get Hit

    She must really dig the guy, she didn't seem upset at all. He clearly bailed though. "In the lights" is about as bad as "we were on a break."
    Can't win with 'em

    Can't win without 'em

  4. #3
    Resident PED Expert nemesis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Centerville, Ohio
    Posts
    1,420

    Re: Astros Fan Whiffs On Foul Ball, Allows Date to Get Hit

    Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    She must really dig the guy, she didn't seem upset at all. He clearly bailed though. "In the lights" is about as bad as "we were on a break."
    Hey, Hey, Hey now. Let's not get carried away with throwing out quality excuses like "we were on a break, I was on vacation so it doesn't count, I was drunk and she took advantage of me" or my personal fave, "we were looking for her contact lens, naked, in the dark."
    If you can't be a good example... then you'll just have to be a horrible warning...

    Nothing tastes as good as being fit feels...

  5. #4
    Vampire Weekend @Bernie's camisadelgolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    11,434

    Re: Astros Fan Whiffs On Foul Ball, Allows Date to Get Hit

    Quote Originally Posted by nemesis View Post
    Hey, Hey, Hey now. Let's not get carried away with throwing out quality excuses like "we were on a break, I was on vacation so it doesn't count, I was drunk and she took advantage of me" or my personal fave, "we were looking for her contact lens, naked, in the dark."
    That reminds me of one of my finer moments in high school. The father of my girlfriend at the time asked us what we're going to do one night, and as a joke, I told him 'nude leapfrog'. Needless to say, it didn't fly over too well, and her family didn't like me much after that.

    Anyway, I was in a somewhat similar situation to the guy from the video. One time, a foul ball was coming straight for me and my girlfriend, and I said, "I got it," only to be pushed out of the way by someone near me. That 'someone' turned out to be my current girlfriend, who immediately gave the ball to a nearby boy who was crying because he didn't catch it. That's the only legitimate shot I've ever had at catching a foul ball, and my girlfriend completely ruined it for me.

  6. #5
    Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Right Down Broadway
    Posts
    18,667

    Re: Astros Fan Whiffs On Foul Ball, Allows Date to Get Hit

    Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    That reminds me of one of my finer moments in high school. The father of my girlfriend at the time asked us what we're going to do one night, and as a joke, I told him 'nude leapfrog'. Needless to say, it didn't fly over too well, and her family didn't like me much after that.

    Anyway, I was in a somewhat similar situation to the guy from the video. One time, a foul ball was coming straight for me and my girlfriend, and I said, "I got it," only to be pushed out of the way by someone near me. That 'someone' turned out to be my current girlfriend, who immediately gave the ball to a nearby boy who was crying because he didn't catch it. That's the only legitimate shot I've ever had at catching a foul ball, and my girlfriend completely ruined it for me.
    What was she, a German weightlifter? That's funny, sounds like a Seinfeld event, sort of like "Bo" pulled a Costanza.

    Uh oh, after rereading this, is this the current gf? If so, I'm sure she is a very beautiful German weightlifter that shaves her armpits and everything
    Can't win with 'em

    Can't win without 'em

  7. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    3,165

    Re: Astros Fan Whiffs On Foul Ball, Allows Date to Get Hit

    Now cases like this its great they got tv time out of this. LoL.
    Quote Originally Posted by moewan View Post
    Barmaid to patron "Sir you are slurring, I am going to have to cut you off"

    Patron to barmaid "I'm not slurring, I'm speaking in cursive"


  8. #7
    Greatness In The Making RedLegSuperStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    4,078

    Re: Astros Fan Whiffs On Foul Ball, Allows Date to Get Hit

    With a name like Bo; did you honestly believe he'd catch anything?
    "I could watch video of Griffey swinging all day. It's like baseball porn." - C. Trent Rosecrans


    2008 Reds Record When I Attend: 9W - 5L

    2009 Reds Record When I Attend: 1W - 2L

    2010 Reds Record When I Attend: 1W - 0L

    2011 Reds Record When I Attend: 0W - 1L

  9. #8
    Who, What, Where, When? Tornon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    4,560

    Re: Astros Fan Whiffs On Foul Ball, Allows Date to Get Hit

    Bo knows value yourself over your girlfriend

  10. #9
    Member OnBaseMachine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    34,844

    Re: Astros Fan Whiffs On Foul Ball, Allows Date to Get Hit

    Astros fan Bo Wyble seemingly lacked chivalry when a foul ball came his way on Monday night -- and now he lacks a girlfriend.

    Three days after a video showed Wyble jumping out of the way of an incoming line drive just before the ball struck his then-girlfriend on the arm, the two made an appearance on CBS' "Early Show" on Thursday morning and announced they are no longer a couple.
    http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...=.jsp&c_id=hou
    I miss Adam Dunn.

  11. #10
    The Lineups stink. KronoRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    West N. Carolina
    Posts
    55,672

    Re: Astros Fan Whiffs On Foul Ball, Allows Date to Get Hit

    After listening to those two I think it's good they won't be having any kids
    Go Gators!

  12. #11
    Member JaxRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    9,551

    Re: Astros Fan Whiffs On Foul Ball, Allows Date to Get Hit

    I suspect she'll have no shortage of guys willing to take a foul ball for her.

  13. #12
    CELEBRATION TIME RBA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    San Marcos, CA
    Posts
    13,984

    Re: Astros Fan Whiffs On Foul Ball, Allows Date to Get Hit

    She has now given some photos out to a website and are now all over the web. No link here. Google it, if you dare.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25