Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: St. Louis Dispatch: Did Brandon Phillips just win NL Central for Cardinals?

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

St. Louis Dispatch: Did Brandon Phillips just win NL Central for Cardinals?

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/baseb...27992bc8b.html

Comical. Pretty representative of St. Louis as a whole.

If you need motivation to win the NL Central, there's something wrong with your team to begin with.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: St. Louis Dispatch: Did Brandon Phillips just win NL Central for Cardinals?

Didn't Felipe Lopez talk a while back about how the Reds were not going to be able to keep up once the Cardinals got hot. Did that comment win the Reds the Central?

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

I remember earlier in the season when Poopholes got mad because Masset punched his fist in the air after a big out.

The next game, Poopholes got walked with bases loaded. When he got to first, he punched his fist in the air.

One word:

hypocrite

I didnt realize that the St. Louis papers hired Cardinals PR firms.

I didn't realize that a team wins a division because of what an opponent says about them.

Especially when what he says is true.

I wonder when Phillips is going to start backing up his words with his play in this series.

The Buckeye Bomber

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    I didnt realize that the St. Louis papers hired Cardinals PR firms.
    Seriously, what a worthless article.
    I hate the Cardinals. I hate the Cubs.
    Let's. Go. Reds.
    "Per Aspera Ad Astra"

Rojo Johnson #99

Quote Originally Posted by redsfandoug View Post
    I wonder when Phillips is going to start backing up his words with his play in this series.
    Couldn't agree more. Aside from his RBI ground out tonight, he's been all talk. Brandon is admittedly my favorite player because he's really good...when he wants to be. Hopefully this series will put a fire in him and the Reds team as a whole.

Like they say, "If you're going to talk the talk, you've got to walk the walk."

Brandon Phillips just went up to the sleeping dragon and smacked it with a twig.

And that sleeping dragon has been eating him alive ever since.

Quote Originally Posted by KingCarpenter View Post
    Brandon Phillips just went up to the sleeping dragon and smacked it with a twig.

And that sleeping dragon has been eating him alive ever since.
    If you are here to thump your chest, you won't be here for long. This is your only warning.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

he didn't lose the central. The St louis Cards just took it from the Reds

I actually think the central is currently being urinated down the legs of the Reds. What an absolutely pitiful display of baseball that was tonight. Dusty, Rolen, OCab, and company better have one heck of a post game or pre game speech tonight or tomorrow to get guys to forget about tonight and be ready for tomorrow.
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffey012 View Post
    I actually think the central is currently being urinated down the legs of the Reds. What an absolutely pitiful display of baseball that was tonight. Dusty, Rolen, OCab, and company better have one heck of a post game or pre game speech tonight or tomorrow to get guys to forget about tonight and be ready for tomorrow.
    +1

Schnickelfritz

Actually, I hope Rolen slaps Phillips around a bit for his behavior.

Turn Off Ads?