Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Time for Walt to break out the big gun?

The Smiling Side AintlifeGrande's Avatar

Time for Walt to break out the big gun?

Call up Chapman and put him in the pen,and groom him for the starting rotation in a few weeks.Cause if they wait for Sept.roster expansion the Reds may be done.

Discuss..

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Time for Walt to break out the big gun?

I agree. I would do it right now. It would help to change the energy of the club house and give the writers something else to focus on.

Can anyone show me a site that contains Chapman's stats from this year? Tried to look them up last night and can't find them anywhere

Be nice to bring some heat when we head to St.Louis.Of course we have to survive the west coast trip.And Aroldis cant hit and score runs though.

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!

Quote Originally Posted by AintlifeGrande View Post
    Call up Chapman and put him in the pen,and groom him for the starting rotation in a few weeks.Cause if they wait for Sept.roster expansion the Reds may be done.

Discuss..
    Are you nuts?

Boss Hogg, help me get put of here!

Quote Originally Posted by Hondo View Post
    Are you nuts?

Boss Hogg, help me get put of here!
    Is it that you disagree with bringing him up or just the idea that they would move him back to the rotation?

Clearly his role this year is out of the pen. They won't move him back. I just think bringing him up after this particularly difficult series would do wonders to change the mood of the club house and shift the focus off the beating they just got.

Why am I nuts?If you don't like the move then say why not.Walt said he was just about ready.Might give this team a kick in the butt knowing we got a fireballer who can mow em down.I just think its time to shake this rotation up a bit.Homer,Chapman,its a start.

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!

Quote Originally Posted by schmidty622 View Post
    Is it that you disagree with bringing him up or just the idea that they would move him back to the rotation?

Clearly his role this year is out of the pen. They won't move him back. I just think bringing him up after this particularly difficult series would do wonders to change the mood of the club house and shift the focus off the beating they just got.
    The Reds may be done line...

Some of thses guys are killing me... The series wasnt a just crushing defeat. The Cards didnt keep the Reds scorless in the first 2 games... A couple errors dont occur and Rolen makes that play in game 1 and the Reds could have took 2/3.

I think Chapman should be called up now to be a set up guy for the 8th Inning.

NO, let me say it again...nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnoooooooooooooooooo oo

It is NOT time to put a 20 something unknown factor into this bullpen. If they call him up now it would be the dumbest thing Walt could do.

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    NO, let me say it again...nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnoooooooooooooooooo oo

It is NOT time to put a 20 something unknown factor into this bullpen. If they call him up now it would be the dumbest thing Walt could do.
    Are you paying attention to Chapman at all..

He is averaging like 11.4 K's per 9 Inn, albeit he is averaging 5 BB/9IP also, but he would dominate this late in the season, other guys having never seen him...

I think he would be great in the 8th Inning...

Quote Originally Posted by Hondo View Post
    Are you paying attention to Chapman at all..

He is averaging like 11.4 K's per 9 Inn, albeit he is averaging 5 BB/9IP also, but he would dominate this late in the season, other guys having never seen him...

I think he would be great in the 8th Inning...
    Sorry but he has done this for how long against whom? Also what is wrong with the bullpen right now?

I'd probably give Chapman a couple more bullpen appearances in Louisville, then see if he performs just like he's been doing lately, check mechanics, and if all appears well, call him up to the Bigs.

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    Sorry but he has done this for how long against whom? Also what is wrong with the bullpen right now?
    I think they could replace Bray with Chapman and at worst see a lateral move. At best they could see a quality back of the pen arm take his spot.

More importantly though I believe it would change the focus of the media and force it away from the Cardinals debacle.

Quote Originally Posted by cincysportsfan View Post
    I'd probably give Chapman a couple more bullpen appearances in Louisville, then see if he performs just like he's been doing lately, check mechanics, and if all appears well, call him up to the Bigs.
    Yeah I agree with you... Let the Reds get back to winning and let the drama escape the club house, then call him up...

Schnickelfritz

I'm fine if Chapman comes up when the roster expands but not before. But what I'd really like to see is the Reds moving Leake to the bullpen as a possible long reliever.

I know we're all frustrated by the Cards' sweep but the important thing is for the Reds to lick their wounds and go back to winning games. Flashy moves are not the answer.

Turn Off Ads?