Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: St. Louis Dispatch: Did Brandon Phillips just win NL Central for Cardinals?

Re: St. Louis Dispatch: Did Brandon Phillips just win NL Central for Cardinals?

Quote Originally Posted by Maker_84 View Post
    he didn't lose the central. The St louis Cards just took it from the Reds
    Still tied for first.

Still 48 games left.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by BurgervilleBuck View Post
    Actually, I hope Rolen slaps Phillips around a bit for his behavior.
    ditto.
    Cincinnati Reds
    Marshall Thundering Herd

Kentucky Wildcats
    Indianapolis Colts

Washington Wizards

Quote Originally Posted by BurgervilleBuck View Post
    Actually, I hope Rolen slaps Phillips around a bit for his behavior.
    This.
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

Phillips did raise the stakes in this last series with his comments. If I were his teammate, I would be irritated at him for doing so without considering the consequences for the whole club. A dissapointing series sweep has been made a crushing series sweep.

Quote Originally Posted by LeDoux View Post
    Phillips did raise the stakes in this last series with his comments. If I were his teammate, I would be irritated at him for doing so without considering the consequences for the whole club. A dissapointing series sweep has been made a crushing series sweep.
    Yea his team mates should be ticked that they sucked all series. If only Phillips wouldnt had said something they probably would have got a ton of base hits.

Seriously if thats something they Reds are thinking in the dugout they are doomed.

St. Louis Post Dispatch is to Baseball Reporting what the National Enquirer is to World News.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mckbearcat48 View Post
    St. Louis Post Dispatch is to Baseball Reporting what the National Enquirer is to World News.
    I agree. And not just because of this story. Their stories are always pathetic.
    "I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.

"Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread

Did you not read the responses? They pretty much to a man said "No" to the question.

Eh, who needs real information before forming responses anyway?

The radio coverage of the Cardinals is much, much better.

The Smiling Side AintlifeGrande's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mckbearcat48 View Post
    The radio coverage of the Cardinals is much, much better.

I hope so,because Al and Dan are beyond horrible.

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!

Quote Originally Posted by lukethedrifter View Post
    Did you not read the responses? They pretty much to a man said "No" to the question.

In that, you are correct sir...just wondering why they ran the story in the first place.

ZCTRMTP!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lukethedrifter View Post

Eh, it's baseball. Not very important in the grand scheme of things. If a person wants to make up his mind about a baseball article based on the title alone, no big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    Yea his team mates should be ticked that they sucked all series. If only Phillips wouldnt had said something they probably would have got a ton of base hits.

Seriously if thats something they Reds are thinking in the dugout they are doomed.
    I'm afraid you are missing the point.

Quote Originally Posted by KingCarpenter View Post
    Brandon Phillips just went up to the sleeping dragon and smacked it with a twig.

And that sleeping dragon has been eating him alive ever since.
    Agreed 100%

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GrandSlamCards View Post
    Agreed 100%
    Gee whiz......lookie........another Card fan trolling Redszone. I'm totally shocked.
    "I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.

"Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread

Turn Off Ads?