Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: what do we do now?

what do we do now?

we are no longer in 1st place and the cardinals have the probable cy young winner pitching tommorow. we are in severe trouble of being put in the rear view mirror. i dont like them but this cardinals team is very very good. they play the game hard also especially albert pujols.

i will be cheering at the stadium tommorow but i feel like we will lose again and i am becoming depressed it is really not fun being a reds fan whenever we play St Louis

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: what do we do now?

Reds are still in first even if they lose this game

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    Reds are still in first even if they lose this game
    No they will tied but techically the cards winning % is better (and they also have 2 games in hand)

Umm...keep playing. We win tomorrow, we're back in first. We lose tomorrow, we're a game back. There's still a lot of baseball left to play.

The Reds will not lay down. Arroyo will come up big.

The Buckeye Bomber

If we get swept tomorrow we will be one game back in both the Central and the Wildcard. We have an easy schedule down the stretch. We only play the Cardinals three more times after tomorrow.

We're nowhere near being put in the "Rear-view mirror" - this is not the NFL. 162 game season. You sweep some teams. You get swept by some teams. You go on winning streaks. You go on losing streaks.

We're in danger of being swept against our biggest playoff rival. That's rough. It is hardly as bad as you are making it out to be.

If people are this doom and gloom over a two game losing streak in the middle of the longest season in sports, I don't know how Zoners handle football.
    I hate the Cardinals. I hate the Cubs.
    Let's. Go. Reds.
    "Per Aspera Ad Astra"

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

So we lose the battle. I want to win the war.

Cards may have our number because they match up well with us. But they were still in second for a reason before this series. Obviously they don't match up well with everyone else.

We can lose this battle, but easily still win the war. We have a good team.
    "I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.

"Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread

The Buckeye Bomber

Quote Originally Posted by Reds2010Champs View Post
    No they will tied but techically the cards winning % is better (and they also have 2 games in hand)
    If the Cardinals go 1-1 in those 2 games (hard to specify any two games though) we remain tied atop the Central.

We're leading the Central no matter what happens right now.
    Let's. Go. Reds.
    "Per Aspera Ad Astra"

well lets be honest this team has had alot of career years from alot of people. alot of good comeback seasons from people such as rolen aswell.

i guess it was only a matter of time before a good solid club such as the cardinals put us in our place :/

i will still hope for the reds but i think we are in trouble and the cardinals will runa way with this division now

Reds2010Champs is a Cardinals fan. Clear as day.

What do we do now?

We continue playing baseball. This is one series. Even if the Cards do have our number, we only play them 4 more times after tonight. One game or one series in August does not make a team's season. Even if we lose tomorrow, which I don't think we will, we are only 1 game back in the central. We have been going back and forth all season with the Cards for the division lead.

yea its pretty obvious now that I see a couple more post from him.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedsFanInBama View Post
    Reds2010Champs is a Cardinals fan. Clear as day.
    He's been reported over and over. Up to mods to decide.

I agree with you though. He's trying to win an Oscar with this performance. But I think he's going to win a Razzie instead.
    "I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.

"Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread

The Buckeye Bomber

Quote Originally Posted by Reds2010Champs View Post
    well lets be honest this team has had alot of career years from alot of people. alot of good comeback seasons from people such as rolen aswell.

i guess it was only a matter of time before a good solid club such as the cardinals put us in our place :/

i will still hope for the reds but i think we are in trouble and the cardinals will runa way with this division now
    I'll dust this off again...

The join date is a dead giveaway.
    Let's. Go. Reds.
    "Per Aspera Ad Astra"

Well if this guy was a Cards fan, he would know that the Cards have been fundamentally unsound all year long. This is the first game in a long time that I have seen the Cards take advantage of mistakes. All year it has been a mentally lazy bunch and it really has been sort of a pitiful team to watch all year long. I'm glad that they won but to say they are fundamentally sound is a joke, at best.

Turn Off Ads?