Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 27 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: What really happened

What really happened

Phillips tapped Molina on his shin guards with his bat, something players occasionally do as a greeting. Molina ignored him. He tapped Molina again and Molina cussed at him, BP cussed back. Phillips took his helmet off. Molina took his mask off.

After the statements he made to the media if I was a Cardinal catcher I would be miffed too. Draw your own conclusions.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: What really happened

So basically, Molina was being a <female dog>.

Phillips was in the wrong and Molina did what anyone would have done in that situation.

Molina did the right thing.

What really happened was the Cardinals cry and moan about everything. Carpenter, Brenden Ryan, Lopez, Pujols, Molina, Rasmus. They all have complained about something the Reds have done this year. Phillips just told the truth.

Then Molina kicked the bat after Phillips went to tap his shin guards like he does every game.

Then chris carpenter came in after it was over and started yelling at Baker and pushed it even farther. I wouldnt be surprised if Carpenter dropped some slurs on Baker.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds2010Champs View Post
    Phillips was in the wrong and Molina did what anyone would have done in that situation.

You're not fooling anyone, poser.

what actually happened was...molina started jawing at him, while he was doing his pre-game ritual with his bat and umpire thing and molina got up and start saying something to him and phillips responded.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

This thread is a joke right?

I taped the game and have watched it over and over. BP was taking warmup swings and Molina was jawing at him. Only when BP turned around did he really get upset and then take off his helmet.

Molina started it and pushed it, plain and simple.

It's ridiculous to think BP did anything wrong other than stand up for himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    This thread is a joke right?

I taped the game and have watched it over and over. BP was taking warmup swings and Molina was jawing at him. Only when BP turned around did he really get upset and then take off his helmet.

Molina started it and pushed it, plain and simple.

It's ridiculous to think BP did anything wrong other than stand up for himself.
    I respect your opinion Votto, but I think BP's statements to the press really initiated it. You don't slur someone and then try to get a high five from them.

Actually, BP did tap Molina. Several players do it including Pujols as a sign of saying hello or what not. However, after his statements, I don't think any player would warm up to BP after he just slagged them in the media. It may have been an innocent thing on BP's part but he should have at least expected that it wouldn't have been welcomed.

Quote Originally Posted by Magdal View Post
    I respect your opinion Votto, but I think BP's statements to the press really initiated it. You don't slur someone and then try to get a high five from them.
    Probably not but lets not act like the Reds have been the ones talking trash all year long. Reds have made 1 comments. Every starter from the Cardinals has basically said something along the lines of "Reds suck, we just havent been playing well, they suck, lucky, I eat babies because I'm a mental patient"

This isn't hard to dissect guys.

Yesterday Brandon calls the Cardinals and all of their players *****es.

Tonight, he tries to be cordial and give him the normal bat tap and Molina lets him know how he feels about him saying that. Molina basically told him to piss off and Brandon tried it again. Yadi gets in his face, Brandon takes his helmet off and yaps back.

Benches clear, etc.

Seriously, this is all on Brandon. It's pretty easy to see. The only thing Phillips has done is fire up the Cardinals and get Cueto suspended for 10 games.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds2010Champs View Post

Molina should have been ejected, he is a knucklehead! Phillips did nothing wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Rijo's Ghost View Post

Tonight, he tries to be cordial and give him the normal bat tap and Molina lets him know how he feels about him saying that. Molina basically told him to piss off and Brandon tried it again. Yadi gets in his face, Brandon takes his helmet off and yaps back.

Benches clear, etc.

Seriously, this is all on Brandon. It's pretty easy to see. The only thing Phillips has done is fire up the Cardinals and get Cueto suspended for 10 games.
    Wait is Cueto really suspended?

Quote Originally Posted by redlegs2370 View Post
    Molina should have been ejected, he is a knucklehead! Phillips did nothing wrong.
    There is nothing wrong with players jawing, neither should have been ejected. The only player that should have been ejected was Cueto.

Quote Originally Posted by Rijo's Ghost View Post

Benches clear, etc.

There is no way this is on Phillips, Molina is a bum and should be suspended. He created all of this.

Turn Off Ads?