Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Cueto Suspension! *Count on it*

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Re: Cueto Suspension! *Count on it*

Quote Originally Posted by Rijo's Ghost View Post
    In case you guys missed my earlier post.

http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs...T04/308110050/

He said "**** you" to Baker. Drop the ridiculous racism claims.
    So Carpenter is a homosexual and was soliciting Dusty?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    So Carpenter is a homosexual and was soliciting Dusty?
    Could be, I don't know.

You should call your friend at WLW and let him know what was actually said.

Quote Originally Posted by Rijo's Ghost View Post
    I've seen very few informative posts from you. Most of them are just reverse trolling.
    Well, gee..........135 posts has given you plenty of time to see my more informative posts.

Actually, I save my informative fact-based interesting posts for true Reds fans.

I post my crappy, silly messages when talking to Cards fans trolling a Reds message board.

Well, gee..........135 posts has given you plenty of time to see my more informative posts.

Actually, I save my informative fact-based interesting posts for true Reds fans.

I post my crappy, silly messages when talking to Cards fans trolling a Reds message board.
    Cool.

What did your buddy at WLW have to say about what actual reporters were told?

Isn't that the same thing as trolling, though?

Nice to see all of the Cardinal fans in here...

No, not actually. I hate Cardinal fans. On a deep and personal level.

I feel the same way about them that Phillips does about their team. Can they leave now?

Quote Originally Posted by Defacto View Post
    Isn't that the same thing as trolling, though?
    No. Not when you're a TRUE fan of the team the message board is for.

Call me the ANTI-TROLL. :

Could you all give this up and go home. Doesn't St. Louis have their own good message board? I realize Redszone is the cream of the crop in terms of baseball team message boards, but at some point you need to go home. You can't spend the night. It's a week night. You have school tomorrow and you need your rest. Besides, I need to go to the grocery. I have no food to feed you with. And I'm out of toilet paper. So please go home.

I'm just checking back every so often to have some fun. I'm actually on another tab (tabbed browsing) putting together my new heart healthy diet to lower my blood pressure and cholesterol. That is my serious mission tonight. This tab is for my amusement.

I hope I didn't come off as a troll. I am a Cardinals fan and I think the Reds are an up and coming young team, they just need a year or so under their belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Defacto View Post
    I hope I didn't come off as a troll. I am a Cardinals fan and I think the Reds are an up and coming young team, they just need a year or so under their belt.
    I agree.

My serious response would be to say that I honestly expected to lose, atleast, two, maybe all 3. Carpenter and Wainwright definitely have our number. Even before Phillips comments, I thought we'd lose those two games. I thought we'd have a chance at Garcia, but our usually quality defense let us down in that one, and then Ondrusek, who has been money for the last month, must have been due for a bad outing. That surprised me more than anything. He has been really good for awhile now.

We just don't have the starting pitching to match up with Carpenter and Wainwright. I think if your offense had to face them, you would have netted the same inability to score runs. Luckily for you, you weren't facing any aces or #1 starters from us (because we unfortunately don't have any).

As I said on another thread.........the Reds have been posting losing seasons for the last 10 years. I'd love to be one of the top 3 or 4 teams in the NL, but we aren't. We're probably top 6 or 7, mainly because of our starting pitching. You guys, the Padres, the Giants and Braves all have the better starting pitching, and the Phillies have Halladay.

It just gives Walt J. and Bob C. something to work on this off season. But this season has been full of pleasant surprises that this organization can build on and hopefully continue to improve next season and beyond.

That is my non-crappy, non-silly post.

Good night. And I hope you lose to the Cubs! :

I agree.

My serious response would be to say that I honestly expected to lose, atleast, two, maybe all 3. Carpenter and Wainwright definitely have our number. Even before Phillips comments, I thought we'd lose those two games. I thought we'd have a chance at Garcia, but our usually quality defense let us down in that one, and then Ondrusek, who has been money for the last month, must have been due for a bad outing. That surprised me more than anything. He has been really good for awhile now.

We just don't have the starting pitching to match up with Carpenter and Wainwright. I think if your offense had to face them, you would have netted the same inability to score runs. Luckily for you, you weren't facing any aces or #1 starters from us (because we unfortunately don't have any).

As I said on another thread.........the Reds have been posting losing seasons for the last 10 years. I'd love to be one of the top 3 or 4 teams in the NL, but we aren't. We're probably top 6 or 7, mainly because of our starting pitching. You guys, the Padres, the Giants and Braves all have the better starting pitching, and the Phillies have Halladay.

It just gives Walt J. and Bob C. something to work on this off season. But this season has been full of pleasant surprises that this organization can build on and hopefully continue to improve next season and beyond.

That is my non-crappy, non-silly post.

Good night. And I hope you lose to the Cubs! :
    I wish I said I could have known going into the series that we'd sweep you, but I honestly thought we'd lose the game in which Garcia started, not that Garcia isn't bad, but Cueto is better. The Reds, IMO, are really close to turning the corner. I have high respect for the Reds, and most importantly, Griffey Jr., he was a class act and played the game the right way. If Volquez can go back to his '08 form, you guys will be a very dangerous team for the next few years. Travis Wood looked good and Leake was doing well up until his past few starts. I hope that we have many more close battles in the future.

We're not going to lose to the Cubs, we're going to break out the brooms!

considering what ive got infractions for in the past. The moderators have a lot of work to do in this thread.

bigheadred

I am a long time Reds fan but Phillips and Cueto acted like little female dogs in this incident. They are what fueled the fire of the Cardinals and now may knock the Reds out of the playoffs. Phillips and Cueto must go. No class at all. They are lucky guys like Rolen, Springer, and Edmonds want to play on the team. I guess the Reds had to recruit some class with these guys.
    Last edited by bigheadred; 08-11-2010 at 09:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bigheadred View Post
    I am a long time Reds fan but Phillips and Cueto acted like litte female dogs in this incident. They are what fueled the fire of the Cardinals and now may knock the Reds out of the playoffs. Phillips and Cueto must go. No class at all. They are lucky guys like Rolen, Springer, and Edmonds want to play on the team. I guess the Reds had to recruit some class with these guys.
    The fact that you just said Jonny Cueto must go gave you away.

This thread is serving no purpose except for you all to sling mud at each other. Continue to sling mud, and I start handing out day passes to the ban spa.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Turn Off Ads?