Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 150

Thread: Cueto Suspension! *Count on it*

  1. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    6,419

    Re: Cueto Suspension! *Count on it*

    Heat of the battle stuff. If guys dont get huge suspensions for throwing at guys heads Cueto wont get one for kicking in the middle of a pile up.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Logan/Huntington, WV
    Posts
    458

    Re: Cueto Suspension! *Count on it*

    Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    Heat of the battle stuff. If guys dont get huge suspensions for throwing at guys heads Cueto wont get one for kicking in the middle of a pile up.
    agreed.
    Cincinnati Reds
    Marshall Thundering Herd

    Kentucky Wildcats
    Indianapolis Colts

    Washington Wizards

  4. #18
    '19 '40 '75 '76 '90
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    782

    Re: Cueto Suspension! *Count on it*

    No blood? Well than this really shouldn't even be a topic.

  5. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Logan/Huntington, WV
    Posts
    458

    Re: Cueto Suspension! *Count on it*

    per fay: The Cardinals said LaRue may have a concussion.

    “He could have done some real damage (on LaRue), he got him in the side of his eye, he got him in his nose, he got him in his face. Totally unprofessional. Unbelievable. I’ve never seen anything like that. He got kicked square in the side of the face with spikes. C’mon, give me a break.”

    Carpenter said the Cardinals weren’t expecting a brawl.

    “No. Not at all,” he said. “We came to the baseball field to play a game and try to win a baseball game. . . It just got out of control real quick … I just know I turned around and I got Cueto kicking me in the back with his spikes. Super unprofessional. I don’t know where he learned how to fight.”

    What a tool Carpenter is. Like they really werent going to retaliate. What bs
    Cincinnati Reds
    Marshall Thundering Herd

    Kentucky Wildcats
    Indianapolis Colts

    Washington Wizards

  6. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    6,419

    Re: Cueto Suspension! *Count on it*

    Ive only been in a few fights in my life, and I will say most people who say something along the lines of "I didnt do anything" generally know exactly what they did.

  7. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Posts
    860

    Re: Cueto Suspension! *Count on it*

    Quote Originally Posted by redsfan_12 View Post
    per fay: The Cardinals said LaRue may have a concussion.

    “He could have done some real damage (on LaRue), he got him in the side of his eye, he got him in his nose, he got him in his face. Totally unprofessional. Unbelievable. I’ve never seen anything like that. He got kicked square in the side of the face with spikes. C’mon, give me a break.”

    Carpenter said the Cardinals weren’t expecting a brawl.

    “No. Not at all,” he said. “We came to the baseball field to play a game and try to win a baseball game. . . It just got out of control real quick … I just know I turned around and I got Cueto kicking me in the back with his spikes. Super unprofessional. I don’t know where he learned how to fight.”

    What a tool Carpenter is. Like they really werent going to retaliate. What bs
    They're freaking drama queens. They would say LaRue got cancer from being kicked in the head if it cost Cueto more games.

  8. #22
    Member 757690's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Dayton
    Posts
    10,277

    Re: Cueto Suspension! *Count on it*

    Cueto will get suspended, but he really only was reacting to the situation. Doesn't matter, you can't start kicking in a crowd without getting suspended, no matter you're intentions.

    The real issue is whether or not Carpenter gets suspended. He came off the bench and purposefully escalated a fight that was calming down. That should be a bigger no no than what Cueto did. I am not sure Bud Selig has the cajones to do it though.

  9. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Wabash, IN
    Posts
    87

    Re: Cueto Suspension! *Count on it*

    Carpenter is a punk. I can't believe he said Rolen was trying to help him. Rolen was going for his throat. If he didn't go after Dusty, the rest wouldn't have happened.

    And wasn't it LaRue who tried to spike Phillips a couple years ago while trying to break up a double play? LaRue was nowhere near the bag and should have been ejected.

  10. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    385

    Re: Cueto Suspension! *Count on it*

    Cueto was the only one to throw a punch or kick. He kicked another player in the back with his baseball spikes. He's getting at least 10 games. And I wouldn't be surprised if everyone else only got fines.

  11. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    6,419

    Re: Cueto Suspension! *Count on it*

    Quote Originally Posted by Road Pop View Post
    Carpenter is a punk. I can't believe he said Rolen was trying to help him. Rolen was going for his throat. If he didn't go after Dusty, the rest wouldn't have happened.

    And wasn't it LaRue who tried to spike Phillips a couple years ago while trying to break up a double play? LaRue was nowhere near the bag and should have been ejected.
    Yea there is a history here for sure. It goes all teh way back to when Pujols and Phillips had words about Pujols running straight through the bag on a double play and not sliding.

    Phillips said he would throw it through him next time, and Pujols said he would put him into left field.

    Toss in a ton of comments from the Cardinals trashing the Reds and you get Phillips comments.

  12. #26
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Wabash, IN
    Posts
    87

    Re: Cueto Suspension! *Count on it*

    Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    Yea there is a history here for sure. It goes all teh way back to when Pujols and Phillips had words about Pujols running straight through the bag on a double play and not sliding.

    Phillips said he would throw it through him next time, and Pujols said he would put him into left field.

    Toss in a ton of comments from the Cardinals trashing the Reds and you get Phillips comments.
    Man, I forgot about Pujols not sliding. I'll hear it from three local friends tomorrow that are Cardinal fans. I need better friends.....

  13. #27
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Posts
    860

    Re: Cueto Suspension! *Count on it*

    If Cueto gets suspended is it like him being on the DL for 10 days without pay, or do we have to play a man short?

  14. #28
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    6,419

    Re: Cueto Suspension! *Count on it*

    Quote Originally Posted by bshall2105 View Post
    If Cueto gets suspended is it like him being on the DL for 10 days without pay, or do we have to play a man short?
    just like the DL.

  15. #29
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Cincy
    Posts
    1,005

    Re: Cueto Suspension! *Count on it*

    Token suspension of 5 games IMO. Will push his start back 1 day.

  16. #30
    .377 in 1905 CySeymour's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Carmel, IN
    Posts
    2,187

    Re: Cueto Suspension! *Count on it*

    Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    just like the DL.
    Actually no, you can't fill that spot I believe
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25