Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Cueto Suspension! *Count on it*

Re: Cueto Suspension! *Count on it*

Heat of the battle stuff. If guys dont get huge suspensions for throwing at guys heads Cueto wont get one for kicking in the middle of a pile up.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    Heat of the battle stuff. If guys dont get huge suspensions for throwing at guys heads Cueto wont get one for kicking in the middle of a pile up.
    agreed.
    Cincinnati Reds
    Marshall Thundering Herd

Kentucky Wildcats
    Indianapolis Colts

Washington Wizards

'19 '40 '75 '76 '90

No blood? Well than this really shouldn't even be a topic.

per fay: The Cardinals said LaRue may have a concussion.

“He could have done some real damage (on LaRue), he got him in the side of his eye, he got him in his nose, he got him in his face. Totally unprofessional. Unbelievable. I’ve never seen anything like that. He got kicked square in the side of the face with spikes. C’mon, give me a break.”

Carpenter said the Cardinals weren’t expecting a brawl.

“No. Not at all,” he said. “We came to the baseball field to play a game and try to win a baseball game. . . It just got out of control real quick … I just know I turned around and I got Cueto kicking me in the back with his spikes. Super unprofessional. I don’t know where he learned how to fight.”

What a tool Carpenter is. Like they really werent going to retaliate. What bs
    Cincinnati Reds
    Marshall Thundering Herd

Kentucky Wildcats
    Indianapolis Colts

Washington Wizards

Ive only been in a few fights in my life, and I will say most people who say something along the lines of "I didnt do anything" generally know exactly what they did.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan_12 View Post
    per fay: The Cardinals said LaRue may have a concussion.

“He could have done some real damage (on LaRue), he got him in the side of his eye, he got him in his nose, he got him in his face. Totally unprofessional. Unbelievable. I’ve never seen anything like that. He got kicked square in the side of the face with spikes. C’mon, give me a break.”

Carpenter said the Cardinals weren’t expecting a brawl.

“No. Not at all,” he said. “We came to the baseball field to play a game and try to win a baseball game. . . It just got out of control real quick … I just know I turned around and I got Cueto kicking me in the back with his spikes. Super unprofessional. I don’t know where he learned how to fight.”

What a tool Carpenter is. Like they really werent going to retaliate. What bs
    They're freaking drama queens. They would say LaRue got cancer from being kicked in the head if it cost Cueto more games.

Cueto will get suspended, but he really only was reacting to the situation. Doesn't matter, you can't start kicking in a crowd without getting suspended, no matter you're intentions.

The real issue is whether or not Carpenter gets suspended. He came off the bench and purposefully escalated a fight that was calming down. That should be a bigger no no than what Cueto did. I am not sure Bud Selig has the cajones to do it though.

Carpenter is a punk. I can't believe he said Rolen was trying to help him. Rolen was going for his throat. If he didn't go after Dusty, the rest wouldn't have happened.

And wasn't it LaRue who tried to spike Phillips a couple years ago while trying to break up a double play? LaRue was nowhere near the bag and should have been ejected.

Cueto was the only one to throw a punch or kick. He kicked another player in the back with his baseball spikes. He's getting at least 10 games. And I wouldn't be surprised if everyone else only got fines.

Quote Originally Posted by Road Pop View Post
    Carpenter is a punk. I can't believe he said Rolen was trying to help him. Rolen was going for his throat. If he didn't go after Dusty, the rest wouldn't have happened.

And wasn't it LaRue who tried to spike Phillips a couple years ago while trying to break up a double play? LaRue was nowhere near the bag and should have been ejected.
    Yea there is a history here for sure. It goes all teh way back to when Pujols and Phillips had words about Pujols running straight through the bag on a double play and not sliding.

Phillips said he would throw it through him next time, and Pujols said he would put him into left field.

Toss in a ton of comments from the Cardinals trashing the Reds and you get Phillips comments.

Yea there is a history here for sure. It goes all teh way back to when Pujols and Phillips had words about Pujols running straight through the bag on a double play and not sliding.

Phillips said he would throw it through him next time, and Pujols said he would put him into left field.

Toss in a ton of comments from the Cardinals trashing the Reds and you get Phillips comments.
    Man, I forgot about Pujols not sliding. I'll hear it from three local friends tomorrow that are Cardinal fans. I need better friends.....

If Cueto gets suspended is it like him being on the DL for 10 days without pay, or do we have to play a man short?

Quote Originally Posted by bshall2105 View Post
    If Cueto gets suspended is it like him being on the DL for 10 days without pay, or do we have to play a man short?
    just like the DL.

Token suspension of 5 games IMO. Will push his start back 1 day.

just like the DL.
    Actually no, you can't fill that spot I believe
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

Turn Off Ads?