Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 150

Thread: Cueto Suspension! *Count on it*

  1. #61
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,124

    Re: Cueto Suspension! *Count on it*

    Go read both Dusty and Rolen's quotes. There is more to it than what you saw.

    Out of all the noise why would the umpire immediately turn and point right to Carpenter when he was trying to separate the two groups.

    Something just doesn't jive.
    @#$% my @#$%^*&

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #62
    ZCTRMTP!!!!!
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,795

    Re: Cueto Suspension! *Count on it*

    Quote Originally Posted by Rijo's Ghost View Post
    It's called defending your manager. It's fine for managers to argue amongst themselves, but when a player interjects it's crossing a line. I doubt the words had anything to do with it.
    I have never heard of this unwritten rule but let's just say that it does exist.
    Then isn't reasonable to assume that Carpenter knew of it? You could see in the video he was hanging around dying to say something to Dusty. He reignited a fire that was on the verge of being extinguished. If Cueto gets 10 days, Carpenter gets five.

  4. #63
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    148

    Re: Cueto Suspension! *Count on it*

    Quote Originally Posted by schmidty622 View Post
    Dusty and Larussa were clearly using the same language at each other and right in each others faces too. Carpenter yells something from 10 feet away and the entire Reds team collectively turns to go after him?

    I'm not buying that it was just regular profanity.
    Bingo!

    Carpenter clearly was the cause of the second push.

  5. #64
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    311

    Re: Cueto Suspension! *Count on it*

    Quote Originally Posted by schmidty622 View Post
    Go read both Dusty and Rolen's quotes. There is more to it than what you saw.

    Out of all the noise why would the umpire immediately turn and point right to Carpenter when he was trying to separate the two groups.

    Something just doesn't jive.
    If you assume Carpenter was throwing racial slurs around then I'll assume Dusty made death threats and Brandon Phillips threatened to send terrorists to Busch Stadium.

    Yup, the logic is pretty sound for all three.

  6. #65
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,124

    Re: Cueto Suspension! *Count on it*

    I'm not assuming Carpenter was using racial slurs. I am assuming he hurled something more than the standard expletive Dusty's way.
    @#$% my @#$%^*&

  7. #66
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    311

    Re: Cueto Suspension! *Count on it*

    Quote Originally Posted by schmidty622 View Post
    I'm not assuming Carpenter was using racial slurs. I am assuming he hurled something more than the standard expletive Dusty's way.
    Ok, so what do you mean by that then?

    Dusty has a reputation for being a hothead. I'm not saying anything is his fault but it shouldn't be shocking to anyone that Dusty would be really mad in a situation like that. It would have been very surprising if he remained calm IMO

  8. #67
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    6,419

    Re: Cueto Suspension! *Count on it*

    Dusty Baker clearly over reacted to a professional ball players classy comments.

  9. #68
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    311

    Re: Cueto Suspension! *Count on it*

    Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    Dusty Baker clearly over reacted to a professional ball players classy comments.
    That goes both ways

    The Cardinals clearly over reacted to a professional ball player's classy comments.

  10. #69
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,124

    Re: Cueto Suspension! *Count on it*

    Quote Originally Posted by 10xWSChamps View Post
    Ok, so what do you mean by that then?

    Dusty has a reputation for being a hothead. I'm not saying anything is his fault but it shouldn't be shocking to anyone that Dusty would be really mad in a situation like that. It would have been very surprising if he remained calm IMO
    I'm not concerned with how Dusty reacted.

    It is the reaction of the umpire and nearly every other Red on the field once Carpenter made his statement to Dusty that tells me it is more than just an expletive.
    @#$% my @#$%^*&

  11. #70
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    381

    Re: Cueto Suspension! *Count on it*

    Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    I have never heard of this unwritten rule but let's just say that it does exist.
    Then isn't reasonable to assume that Carpenter knew of it? You could see in the video he was hanging around dying to say something to Dusty. He reignited a fire that was on the verge of being extinguished. If Cueto gets 10 days, Carpenter gets five.
    Cueto gets suspended for 10 games for kicking 2 players causing one of them to get stitches and Carpenter should get 5 for running his mouth? By that logic Phillips should get 5 games as well for running his mouth too.

    And yes, it is just an unwritten rule. Baker was barking at Oquendo and TLR got pissed and told him not to talk to his coaches, but to him.

    The only realistic action is for everyone to get fines and Cueto to get suspended. Running your mouth is one thing, violence is another.

  12. #71
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,124

    Re: Cueto Suspension! *Count on it*

    Quote Originally Posted by Rijo's Ghost View Post
    Cueto gets suspended for 10 games for kicking 2 players causing one of them to get stitches and Carpenter should get 5 for running his mouth? By that logic Phillips should get 5 games as well for running his mouth too.

    And yes, it is just an unwritten rule. Baker was barking at Oquendo and TLR got pissed and told him not to talk to his coaches, but to him.

    The only realistic action is for everyone to get fines and Cueto to get suspended. Running your mouth is one thing, violence is another.
    And he very well may.
    @#$% my @#$%^*&

  13. #72
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    311

    Re: Cueto Suspension! *Count on it*

    Quote Originally Posted by schmidty622 View Post
    I'm not concerned with how Dusty reacted.

    It is the reaction of the umpire and nearly every other Red on the field once Carpenter made his statement to Dusty that tells me it is more than just an expletive.
    You didn't answer my first question though, what do you mean when you say that what Carpenter said was 'more than just an expletive'?

    I am glad to know that you aren't calling Carpenter a racist at least, that would be utterly ridiculous with zero proof. But what else is left?

  14. #73
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,124

    Re: Cueto Suspension! *Count on it*

    Quote Originally Posted by 10xWSChamps View Post
    You didn't answer my first question though, what do you mean when you say that what Carpenter said was 'more than just an expletive'?

    I am glad to know that you aren't calling Carpenter a racist at least, that would be utterly ridiculous with zero proof. But what else is left?
    I dunno, maybe he said something about sweat bands or toothpicks?

    Just because there is evidence that Carpenter yelled something particularly harsh to Dusty doesn't mean I have to know what it is.
    @#$% my @#$%^*&

  15. #74
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    381

    Re: Cueto Suspension! *Count on it*

    Quote Originally Posted by schmidty622 View Post
    I dunno, maybe he said something about sweat bands or toothpicks?

    Just because there is evidence that Carpenter yelled something particularly harsh to Dusty doesn't mean I have to know what it is.
    You've been implying that used a racial slur.

  16. #75
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,124

    Re: Cueto Suspension! *Count on it*

    Quote Originally Posted by Rijo's Ghost View Post
    You've been implying that used a racial slur.
    Show me where I said this.
    @#$% my @#$%^*&


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25