Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: August 10th

August 10th

This is the day we will be comparing the rest of this season too.. How will the Reds fare after the big brawl and how will they respond. Will the team go on a tear? Will the team go on a downfall? Will the team be flat the rest of the year and kind of coast along to finish second? Only time will tell.

The bottom line is this. No matter what happens the rest of the season it will be related to what happened last night, whether it be a spark to a big winning streak or a downfall. Hopefully this brings the team closer and it propels them to the playoffs.. Let's not forget. There are still 3 more games in St. Louis. The last laugh is not this week.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    '19 '40 '75 '76 '90

Re: August 10th

Clear lines have been drawn in the sand, so to speak. It would be great for baseball in general if when we visit St. Louis the series is relevant.

I can't wait to see the reception Phillips gets in St Louis lol

Votto hates the Cubs.. Phillips hates the Cards.. now we need Miguel Cairo to declare war on the Pirates!!! lol

How many times have I heard this before?

After the 1st 6-run 9th inning blown lead.

After the 2nd 6-run 9th inning blown lead.

After the sweep by the Phillies.

After Rolen got hurt.

After Hanigan got hurt.

After any of the Cordero blown saves.

After Cabrera got hurt.

After Volquez had bad outings.

After......after all of this and we're still in 1st Place. Win tomorrow and we're up by a full game.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post

After Rolen got hurt.

After Hanigan got hurt.

After Cabrera got hurt.

After......after all of this and we're still in 1st Place. Win tomorrow and we're up by a full game.
    true.. i suck

Quote Originally Posted by arkimadee View Post
    true.. i suck
    Not at all.

Just have some hope.

This is an incredibly resilient team, and we just added a really good piece to the club in Edmonds.

Bailey and Chapman are on the way, too, and they've been pitching great.

After Rolen got hurt.

After Hanigan got hurt.

After Cabrera got hurt.

All voided by not beating the Cardinals at a critical juncture, and moreover...the entire season...

Not at all.

Just have some hope.

This is an incredibly resilient team, and we just added a really good piece to the club in Edmonds.

Bailey and Chapman are on the way, too, and they've been pitching great.
    I have said this and I will say it again: The Reds picking Edmonds off the scrap heap is like the Cards picking up Suppan was a mistake. The man is 40 yrs old.

Since he has been on the team he is hitless, made a bad throw from center, and made an aggregous mistake on the bases last nite by not waiting to see if the cutoff man would get the ball, killing a rally for the 3rd out. And this is only 2 games! Man up Walt and get rid of this ex-roiding fossil. You made a bad aquisition, but don't compound it by trotting this geezer out there 2 of 3 games. He may serve well as a pinch hitter, but that's all.

Blame Uncle Walt for continuing his man love for for ex Cardinals. Dusty gets no fault for playing Jim. He has no choice.

Redlegs_87

I feel this is when the Reds tailspin. The second I read what Phillips said I knew it would come back to bite the Reds. Oh well been a fun season while it lasted.

Quote Originally Posted by Redlegs_87 View Post
    I feel this is when the Reds tailspin. The second I read what Phillips said I knew it would come back to bite the Reds. Oh well been a fun season while it lasted.
    I don't think so. It was bad what BP said, but after tomorro the Reds go off to play some pretty sad teams. They should do OK. The Cards have to play 9 more games vs. the Stros and Cubs who get up big time for these games and have OWNED them.

Like I said in a previous thread, the division is for the Reds to lose...only the Reds can stop the Reds. And may I say this? 1st place or Wild Card makes not a dam of difference. If the Reds kick that west coast ass they will be in the post season.

Quote Originally Posted by Redlegs_87 View Post
    I would refer to Kingspoint's post above.

People have been saying this after every bad series, blown lead, injuries, and so forth.

Cards and Reds have been neck and neck for 3 months. This season looks like it's going to come down to the wire. I'm not calling it quits until the season is officially over.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

I never expected much out of the Reds this year anyway. And if they make the postseason, I still don't expect much out of them. Why? Their starting pitching can't compete with the Padres, Giants, Braves and Cardinals. Even the Phillies have Halladay. We just don't have that ace pitcher we can rely on to completely shut down an opponent. And when you get to the postseason, many teams get by with just 2 or 3 great to good starting pitchers. We have some good ones, but not great yet.

That is why I'm happy with what they've done considering they don't have an ace on the staff.

And,....as usual, and as expected, the 2010 REDS respond.

Turn Off Ads?