Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Dusty and LaRussa

Dusty and LaRussa

Card fans have speculated on whether Dusty had BP say those things to stir the pot, which I poo hoo'd. But now that the dust has settled and I have had time to think this whole mess out I think Dusty did.....and I ABSOLUTLY believe that TLR instructed Molina to do what he did.

Here's why: Brandon's outburst came from out of the blue before the 1st game started. With the Reds riding high in 1st place why would he do that? I could understand it if it was after a tough loss.

Now I can just see the wheels spinning in LaRussa's little mind: "What can I do to get Dusty back?" He remembers BP's little ritual and BINGO!

The blood is extremely bad between these 2 old men, has been for years. And you know what? I think Dusty thought ahead and anticipated Tony's instructions to Molina, which would explain why BP tapped him a 2nd time, forcing the issue.

Of course, I could be full of beans.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Dusty and LaRussa

Nah, I think Phillips said those things because he really does hate the Cardinals and he really does think they are whiny <female dogs>. Which they are.

Well, Phillips goes through with his regular pregame routine and Molina acted predictably. I mean you aren't going to be like, "Hey pal" after a guy just called you and your team a bunch of <female dogs>. But really, Molina should have left it at that. Let Garcia hit Phillips with a pitch and the whole thing is likely over. But no, Molina has to make a bigger deal out of it and then you see the rest.

Baker and Larussa definitely hate each other, though. I just don't think they orchestrated the whole thing.

Can I add that I loved Scott Rolen before this game but now I'm infatuated with the guy? Gotta love the way he took up for Dusty when Carpenter started running his punk mouth at the skipper. Rolen is all in for the team.

You could be right, Bama, but Dusty had 9 men scheduled to play the game after B*tchgate and the man who mouthed off was the 1st man they face. An 8 to one coincedence? No. This is all about gamesmanship. And I am SURE that TLR would not risk losing Garcia for head hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by Magdal View Post
    You could be right, Bama, but Dusty had 9 men scheduled to play the game after B*tchgate and the man who mouthed off was the 1st man they face. An 8 to one coincedence? No.
    I'm having trouble understanding what that means.

However, Garcia never would have been ejected for hitting Phillips if the benches had not cleared before.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsFanInBama View Post
    Nah, I think Phillips said those things because he really does hate the Cardinals and he really does think they are whiny <female dogs>. Which they are.

Well, Phillips goes through with his regular pregame routine and Molina acted predictably. I mean you aren't going to be like, "Hey pal" after a guy just called you and your team a bunch of <female dogs>. But really, Molina should have left it at that. Let Garcia hit Phillips with a pitch and the whole thing is likely over. But no, Molina has to make a bigger deal out of it and then you see the rest.

Baker and Larussa definitely hate each other, though. I just don't think they orchestrated the whole thing.

Can I add that I loved Scott Rolen before this game but now I'm infatuated with the guy? Gotta love the way he took up for Dusty when Carpenter started running his punk mouth at the skipper. Rolen is all in for the team.
    Molina could have left him alone, but Phillips' second tap of his pads after Molina kicked his bat away the first time is what set Yadier off. Phillips knew what he was doing and he had his own chance to leave well enough alone after Yadier kicked his bat away but he decided to try to get under his skin. Phillips and Yadier weren't afraid to start something, although I doubt either manager had anything to do with that.

Yadier's got thin skin. He's also a <female dog>, just like most of his teammates.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsFanInBama View Post
    Yadier's got thin skin. He's also a <female dog>, just like most of his teammates.
    Well, he IS a latino, but he is as even tempered player as I have seen on the field. Jaun Marichel was a prince of a man according to everyone he came in contact with but when pushed past his limit, his Machismo rose to the surface and he conked Roseburo on the head twice with his bat. I think the same could be said for Cuato with the kicking: it was a viseral reaction.

Molina did not go off, and as we all saw he was READY for that tapping and kicked the bat before it got to him. To think the LaRussa and he did not discuss BF's 1st at bat is ludicrous. And Bama, what I said before that you did'nt understand: if you were Dusty and you wanted to stir the pot, would you not have the leadoff hitter as the target of retaliation? I would.

Turn Off Ads?