Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cardinal Quotes on the Reds

Senor Votto

Cardinal Quotes on the Reds

Does anyone have the quotes from Carpenter, Rasmus, and Lopez from this season? The ones that were about the Reds

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Cardinal Quotes on the Reds?

Rasmus:

CINCINNATI — Center fielder/philosopher Colby Rasmus described Cincinnati Reds starting pitcher Bronson Arroyo’s assortment as “doo-doo” and “a bunch of slop” following the Reds’ 7-2 takedown of the Cardinals Sunday afternoon at Great American Ball Park.
    http://www.redszone.com/forums/showp...8&postcount=67

Lopez:

"The Reds are really hot right now and we're not even close to hot. And we're still right there. So once we click there's not going to be a chance for nobody."
    http://www.redszone.com/forums/showp...36&postcount=1

Am I the only one not bothered by Rasmus's remarks one bit?

Well...the more I read Rasmus' quote, the more I think it isn't that big of a deal. That looks taken out of context. I mean... If I'm Arroyo, and the guy is saying that I'm throwing slop. Well... I would just be laughing because he couldn't hit it. I'd say... "I'll serve you more slop next time". lol I wouldn't be mad about it though.

Well...the more I read Rasmus' quote, the more I think it isn't that big of a deal. That looks taken out of context. I mean... If I'm Arroyo, and the guy is saying that I'm throwing slop. Well... I would just be laughing because he couldn't hit it. I'd say... "I'll serve you more slop next time". lol I wouldn't be mad about it though.
    It's professional disrespect. A guy beats you, you tip your cap. Period. Rasmus has 1 year in the league, right? Clearly, he's got a little learning to do.

I doubt Arroyo lets it bother him, considering the source.

So Matty.....would you term that as whining then?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    So Matty.....would you term that as whining then?
    It depends on the context of the quote. There may have been some whining. I would expect it out of a younger player like that than an experienced vet. There are a lot of junkball pitchers and after a game someone may say that guy threw all junk and I still couldn't hit it. I wouldn't take offense to that comment...would you?

Well he does throw slop.....so to that NO. But to call his stuff ....yeah that would be something to take offense about. Maybe Arroyo could have said...here is some for you...right in the ribs.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    If anything, I'm embarrassed for Rasmus. A grown man using the phrase "doo doo"? :

I have just been given a Yellow Card...and I barely even flopped. I am done for the next game. See you in the semis.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Well the first one speaks to sour grapes but the second one I have no problem with.

Here's Duncan complaining about Bronson using Pine Tar. By the way there's no PC, "Hmmm that's suspicious." He flat out accuses him and says there's no other possible explanation.

"I'm sure he had pine tar on his cap," Duncan told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. "He didn't have any problem getting a grip. Balls like that can generate a lot more movement than a slick ball that hasn't been rubbed up."

Asked if he had seen Arroyo go to his cap, Duncan said, "Just every pitch."

Duncan was unhappy because Cardinals starter John Smoltz complained all night about not being able to grip the balls because they were slick. Smoltz, who walked five batters and allowed six runs over four innings, repeatedly threw balls out that he didn't like.

"I've been around for 40-plus years now and I've never seen a major-league baseball game played with balls like that," Duncan told the newspaper.

http://marksheldon.mlblogs.com/archi...ne_tar_ta.html

Here's Chris Carpenter making the 2nd complaint about slick baseballs(John Smoltz (was the first last September.) Oddly enough Smoltz didn't complain one bit about them until he got to the Cards last year.

"We had this issue last year and again today," Carpenter said. "There was absolutely no question. I got balls that there was nothing wrong with. (Either) they make an adjustment or look into it, (or) ultimately, somebody's going to get hurt. Something's going to get away, or whatever, and end up getting somebody in the head. I hope that doesn't happen."

http://mlb.fanhouse.com/2010/04/06/c...are-too-slick/
    Here's Tony Larussa saying noted headhunter Aaron Harang should be suspended for 10 games for hitting Gary Barnett. Though to be fair, he did say he didn't think there was malice intended.

"He didn't mean to hit him, but he meant to throw up and in," La Russa said. "It's a very dangerous thing. If you're a big league pitcher, you should be able to get the ball below the shoulder. If you don't, you should have big consequences, because that's a dangerous thing.

"If our guy does it I yell. 'Get it down, or get ... out of there.'"

On Tuesday night, La Russa called for mandatory suspensions for any pitcher who hits a batter in the head, regardless of intent.

http://stlouis.cardinals.mlb.com/new...=.jsp&c_id=stl

They were also chirping about the rain delay not being called early enough in a 3-2 loss on April 30. I'm trying to find exact quotes.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    If anything, I'm embarrassed for Rasmus. A grown man using the phrase "doo doo"? :
    I'll give you that one lol

Senor Votto

Are there any more quotes about any of the Cards talking about the Reds? A Cards fan just told me they've never said anything

Senor Votto

Also have the Reds said anyting about the Cardinals other than the Phillips comment? I cant think of the Reds saying anything bad about any team other than they hate the Cards.

Quote Originally Posted by Degenerate39 View Post
    Also have the Reds said anyting about the Cardinals other than the Phillips comment? I cant think of the Reds saying anything bad about any team other than they hate the Cards.
    "The Reds are really hot right now and we're not even close to hot. And we're still right there. So once we click there's not going to be a chance for nobody."
    -Felipe Lopez

That's probably the worst, and it's not that bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Turn Off Ads?