Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cardinal Quotes on the Reds

Re: Cardinal Quotes on the Reds?

CINCINNATI — Center fielder/philosopher Colby Rasmus described Cincinnati Reds starting pitcher Bronson Arroyo’s assortment as “doo-doo” and “a bunch of slop” following the Reds’ 7-2 takedown of the Cardinals Sunday afternoon at Great American Ball Park.
    Not going to lie, if he actually refered to it as "doo doo" that's pretty funny...
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Didn't Pujols have a comment earlier this year after Masset induced a double play to get out of a jam & pumped his fist or something? I think it was in that rainy game in St. Louis

Quote Originally Posted by MattyMo4Life View Post
    Well...the more I read Rasmus' quote, the more I think it isn't that big of a deal. That looks taken out of context. I mean... If I'm Arroyo, and the guy is saying that I'm throwing slop. Well... I would just be laughing because he couldn't hit it. I'd say... "I'll serve you more slop next time". lol I wouldn't be mad about it though.
    Of course it's not a big deal, a Cardinals player said it. Imagine if one of the Reds player had said something like that about Carpenter or Wainwright. We wouldn't hear the end of it.
    I miss Adam Dunn.

Quote Originally Posted by Degenerate39 View Post
    Also have the Reds said anyting about the Cardinals other than the Phillips comment? I cant think of the Reds saying anything bad about any team other than they hate the Cards.
    You wouldn't know even if they did say anything bad about another team, but the fans of that team sure would remember it. I didn't know about these comments until last week when someone on rz posted them. The slipper balls I heard, but not Lopez and Rasmus' comments. Well.. I probably hear them, but I didn't think they were offensive to anyone. When a comment is made about you or the team that you follow passionately, it means a lot more.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Of course it's not a big deal, a Cardinals player said it. Imagine if one of the Reds player had said something like that about Carpenter or Wainwright. We wouldn't hear the end of it.
    Dude...that is sooooo not true! In all the years that I've been here, I try to be as respectable as possible. I try to look at both sides. It's really hard to be unbiased when you are as passionate about your team as we all are. I don't think bad of anyone here. Even though I've probably never agreed with some of the posters such as Trade Rumor since I've been posting here...I like hearing his opinions, as well as a lot of others that post here. I try not to brag or rub anything in anyones face. I don't know why you would say that "you would never hear the end of it".
    Last edited by MattyHo4Life; 08-11-2010 at 04:20 PM.

Dude...that is sooooo not true! In all the years that I've been here, I try to be as respectable as possible. I try to look at both sides. It's really hard to be unbiased when you are as passionate about your team as we all are. I don't think bad of anyone here. Even though I've probably never agreed with some of the posters such as Trade Rumor since I've been posting here...I like hearing his opinions, as well as a lot of others that post here. I try not to brag or rub anything in anyones face. I don't know why you would say that "you would never hear the end of it".
    Matty, I shouldn't probably speak for OBM but what I think he is getting at is BP says one thing about the Cardinals and we see what happened. It's not that you personally would be bringing it back up, but rather that the Cardinals players can dish it out, but can't seem to take it. In the end it doesn't matter, the Reds play pathetically in a series they needed to play well in considering they would need a cushion for their lead as they still have to go out west.

Quote Originally Posted by rdiersin View Post
    Matty, I shouldn't probably speak for OBM but what I think he is getting at is BP says one thing about the Cardinals and we see what happened. It's not that you personally would be bringing it back up, but rather that the Cardinals players can dish it out, but can't seem to take it. In the end it doesn't matter, the Reds play pathetically in a series they needed to play well in considering they would need a cushion for their lead as they still have to go out west.
    You nailed it. The Cardinals players make comments, it blows over without hardly anyone saying anything. Phillips makes a couple comments and all of a sudden it's a huge deal.
    I miss Adam Dunn.

Quote Originally Posted by rdiersin View Post
    Matty, I shouldn't probably speak for OBM but what I think he is getting at is BP says one thing about the Cardinals and we see what happened.
    Do you think that the comments that Rasmus said about slop and doodoo (Ifind that more comical than offensive) and that Lopez saying the Reds are hot and that Cards are not yet, are equally as bad as what BP said? Do you really?

Do you think that the comments that Rasmus said about slop and doodoo (Ifind that more comical than offensive) and that Lopez saying the Reds are hot and that Cards are not yet, are equally as bad as what BP said? Do you really?
    What Phillips said was true.
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    What Phillips said was true.
    MAybe the comments that Rasmus and Lopez said were true too.

MAybe the comments that Rasmus and Lopez said were true too.
    It's August.

I'm waiting for the Cardinals to run away and hide.

And nobody on the Reds cried about it either of their comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    I have just been given a Yellow Card...and I barely even flopped. I am done for the next game. See you in the semis.
    You have to get two yellows, Tony.

Re: Cardinal Quotes on the Reds

After these three games....don't temp me. I might go all Van Bommel on a few Cards.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    "The Reds are really hot right now and we're not even close to hot. And we're still right there. So once we click there's not going to be a chance for nobody."
    -Felipe Lopez

That's probably the worst, and it's not that bad.
    Besides it's a double negative.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    You nailed it. The Cardinals players make comments, it blows over without hardly anyone saying anything. Phillips makes a couple comments and all of a sudden it's a huge deal.
    Do you actually believe that the couple of comments posted on here by Card players, which IMO are pretty tame, compares on the same level with what Phillips said? No way.
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

Turn Off Ads?