Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cardinal Quotes on the Reds

On the brink of disaster

Re: Cardinal Quotes on the Reds

The players on both sides need to just shut up and worry about their own teams. We'll never know who said what and who started what. We do know that Brandon said something he shouldn't have said in the way he did. As a Reds fan I like Brandon's enthusiam, but loathe his attitude about doing these things. He won't even talk to some of the local writers because of what they have written about him. To me, Brandon needs to mature if he wants to be a leader like he claims.

In the end, I say let the Cardinals keep whining about fines and suspensions and we'll go ahead and concentrate on the rest of the season. If they decide to take revenge on Cueto in St. Louis, who cares? Let their players be suspended for it.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    I wouldn't even do that. Hopefully by then we'll have Chapman in the fold. If they go after Cueto, I'd just have Chapman throw a 103 MPH fastball at Pujols or Holliday. One or the other.
    Then what happens when they go all Graig Nettles on him and he ends up like Bill Lee and walks off the field with his pitching arm waving around like a piece of chicken tender?

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Then what happens when they go all Graig Nettles on him and he ends up like Bill Lee and walks off the field with his pitching arm waving around like a piece of chicken tender?
    You'll have to forgive me - I know not of the situation you speak.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    You'll have to forgive me - I know not of the situation you speak.
    From Wikipedia, which is never wrong.

During a brawl in a game against the Boston Red Sox in 1976, Nettles, who was on second base at the onset of the brawl, tackled Boston pitcher Bill Lee from behind. When it appeared that the dust had settled and the brawl was over, Lee confronted Nettles for tackling him from behind. The fracas resumed when Nettles swung at Lee. More players joined in the fray and Nettles broke Lee's collarbone when they went down in the pile. He was arguably never the same pitcher he was before the incident, though he continued to be a thorn in the Yankees' side for a few more years with Boston. However, the Yankees continued to win the division during this time and the incident added to the storied Yankees - Red Sox rivalry.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Thats why you put Gomes at 1b and Votto out in LF. Get as much muscle as close as you can.

Im sure everyone is expecting something to happen when the next time these two teams meet. Let the Cards start it *stares a hole through Phillips* this time then we can finish it.
    Last edited by Slyder; 08-14-2010 at 12:07 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

I witnessed that game on channel 38. Un...freaking...believable...Mickey Rivers goes running around like a cowardly mosquito hitting people in the back of their heads. Nettles takes Lee down from behind, places a foot on his back, and begins yanking/twisting his left/pitching arm.

Carlton Fisk receives a scratch during the scrap and someone asks if Gene Micheal had hit him with his purse. LOL! I love their rivalary! It is like baseball meets world wrestlings.
    "I am your child from the future. I'm sorry I didn't tell you this earlier." - Dylan Easton

So Marichal lost it for a bit there...he had the greatest kick and delivery of all-time. If you never witnessed the guy pitch, you missed a true master...and the Dodger-Giant rivalry has fun and intense.
    Last edited by Spitball; 08-14-2010 at 12:45 AM.
    "I am your child from the future. I'm sorry I didn't tell you this earlier." - Dylan Easton

Quote Originally Posted by Spitball View Post
    So Marichal lost it for a bit there...he had the greatest kick and delivery of all-time. If you never witnessed the guy pitch, you missed a true master...and the Dodger-Giant rivalry has fun and intense.
    Awesome kick, saw it at the 71 AS game.

Quote Originally Posted by acredsfan View Post
    The players on both sides need to just shut up and worry about their own teams. We'll never know who said what and who started what. We do know that Brandon said something he shouldn't have said in the way he did. As a Reds fan I like Brandon's enthusiam, but loathe his attitude about doing these things. He won't even talk to some of the local writers because of what they have written about him. To me, Brandon needs to mature if he wants to be a leader like he claims.

In the end, I say let the Cardinals keep whining about fines and suspensions and we'll go ahead and concentrate on the rest of the season. If they decide to take revenge on Cueto in St. Louis, who cares? Let their players be suspended for it.
    I heard from a very good source that Carpenter said a certain word that begins with the letter "f" and then the word "you" to Baker.

Molina received a huge standing ovation before his first at bat last night.

Quote Originally Posted by MattyMo4Life View Post
    Molina received a huge standing ovation before his first at bat last night.
    I'm happy for him. Maybe they can erect a statue of him too.

Yea, I'm not sure what that's supposed to mean to us. Brandon got huge ovations the entire series. Most Reds fans agree with what Brandon said, even if they wish he hadn't said it.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

We know Phillips will be outrageously booed next time we go to St. Louis.. here's an interesting question though: What type of ovation will Scott Rolen get? Will he be cheered again as he was the first couple times we've been there, or will Cardinal fans perceive that he was a part of the fight and let him have it as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Tornon View Post
    We know Phillips will be outrageously booed next time we go to St. Louis.. here's an interesting question though: What type of ovation will Scott Rolen get? Will he be cheered again as he was the first couple times we've been there, or will Cardinal fans perceive that he was a part of the fight and let him have it as well?
    Rolen will get a standing O

Turn Off Ads?