Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: The grand slam that ended our Miracle season!

The grand slam that ended our Miracle season!

Thats it folks.

Start a fight with the cardinals we clearly shouldnt have started. They come in here and literally Smack us around.

A sweep and a grandslam to finish it.

This team will not recover. We have too many players right now that just plain old suck. People kept saying around here that the reds have a much easier schedule after this series. Thats completely false. We have two west coast trips. That we never do well in. Against teams that are in a pennant race themselves. The cards dont.

The cards just smacked us and embarrassed the hell out of us.

Im literally embarrassed to be a reds fan.

Can u get anymore embarrassed or showed up than the reds have for the past 3 days. I mean good god. First we start the fight. With Bp's comment. In which i liked. I liked to see the intensity. Then we come out and lay an egg. Tuck our heads in our butt and go to bed. Then day 2. BP literally Starts a fight this time. We dont do anything except our gangsta Shanka Jonny cueto starts spiking people in the face. (Nice suspension cueto). And continue on to get our butts handed to us. Then today, the final straw, A grandslam in a game you could just tell from the 1st inning we werent going to win. What a way to end the season. I think all of us will remember these 3 disgusting days for a long time to come. The days our reds hopes were crushed.

Reserve yourselves people save yourselves the heartache.

Because this team wont make it. They may come close or act as if they will make a run at the end. But then wont.

This feels worse than back we just plain sucked.

PS.

Please come up with some different replies other than:

OMG its one game
    The sky is falling!
    Were only one game back
    Your not a reds fan, Im a reds fan

if you werent going to post any of these replies. Please feel free to vent like we all need to after the worst series of reds baseball ive seen in my reds fandome career.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: The grand slam that ended our Miracle season!

Wow it's one game. the sky isn't falling. we are only a game back. clearly you are not a reds fan.

I am amazed at how some think this 3 game losing streak is the end of the season? We come away with 3 losses in a row and are still in the WC hunt and still in the division hunt. Now we see what kind of talent and managerial leadership we have. IF Dusty want's that new contract, then it's time for him to prove it. Bounce back after an off day and sweep the Fish.

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    I am amazed at how some think this 3 game losing streak is the end of the season? We come away with 3 losses in a row and are still in the WC hunt and still in the division hunt. Now we see what kind of talent and managerial leadership we have. IF Dusty want's that new contract, then it's time for him to prove it. Bounce back after an off day and sweep the Fish.

Well more than just NL central.

Thsi series here just confirms were not that good. And even if we did actually get in to the playoffs We would be embarrassed just like we were over the past 3 days.

Quote Originally Posted by bgwilly31 View Post

Thsi series here just confirms were not that good. And even if we did actually get in to the playoffs We would be embarrassed just like we were over the past 3 days.
    But saying that i would be happy just to get to the playoffs. But it does sting pretty bad like the bengals showed us this past winter.

Theyre still the Cards, and we're still the Reds

Thats it folks.

The cards just smacked us and embarrassed the hell out of us.

Im literally embarrassed to be a reds fan.

Exactly how did they embarrass us/

How can you be embarrased to be a Reds Fan?

I am probably the most negative guy here, always on Dusty to be fired, yet I have no big issue with this series, right now the Cards are a better team, nothing more, nothing less.

How does a 3 game series confirm we are not that good? You put more weight into a 3 game series over the total accomplishments of the season? Hello REALITY CHECK HERE...

Its 1 series!!!!!!!!!! Calm the **** down!!!!!!

But saying that i would be happy just to get to the playoffs. But it does sting pretty bad like the bengals showed us this past winter.
    The Bengals win the division, make the playoffs for a team that couldn't tie their shoelaces over the past decade and the season was bad because you got beat in the playoffs by an extremely hot team? Get real...

wow

Nerdvana Annihilation

I love how people are already giving up because we lost 3 games vs the Cards.

1 game back -whoop de! Get over it.

always ask questions bigredmechanism's Avatar

Anyway, while I don't agree with you completely, this series is going to leave a mark. The Cards seem to be pretty fired up right now, and we were exposed pretty badly against tough pitching (which has happened more than a few times this season.) It's going to be an uphill battle from here on out, and we've just shown how well we handle the pressure, imo.

I'm not embarrassed to be a fan, though. I came into this season hoping we would simply win more than not. So far, it's August and we are currently tied for first place. Maybe we won't make it, though I'd like to hope that we will.

Quote Originally Posted by bigredmechanism View Post
    Stay classy.

Anyway, while I don't agree with you completely, this series is going to leave a mark. The Cards seem to be pretty fired up right now, and we were exposed pretty badly against tough pitching (which has happened more than a few times this season.) It's going to be an uphill battle from here on out, and we've just shown how well we handle the pressure, imo.

I'm not embarrassed to be a fan, though. I came into this season hoping we would simply win more than not. So far, it's August and we are currently tied for first place. Maybe we won't make it, though I'd like to hope that we will.
    Name one team in baseball that isn't shut down by CY type pitching?

It is baseball, series like this happen. I think the Cardinals came out and intimidated the Reds and that is why they will probably sweep the series. It reminded me of when the Colts and Patriots used to play, the Patriots would do something to intimidate the Colts and the game would be over before the kick off. I think the Reds will be fine and will challenge for the lead all season and with the soft schedule they have the Reds have a great chance to make the post season.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Turn Off Ads?