Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The reds r who we thought they were!!!

The reds r who we thought they were!!!

and thats a barely above .500 team that has fed off a weak division. Look at our record against good teams, u wanna bat at least 500 in those games and we're not even close. This team is not even close to being good

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: The reds r who we thought they were!!!

So, tell us, who are you a fan of?
    UNC Tar Heels 2009 National Champions 5 time NCAA Champs
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09
    Go Heels!!!!!

Who cares. They are definetely playing above expectations this year. Your comments today are either completely sarcastic, or you are bipolar or something. We get it, you don't think the Reds are good.

Pennant chases only come around every so often, might as well enjoy it.

'19 '40 '75 '76 '90

Best Dennis green quote, inspired by thread title:

That's why we took the d--- field. Now if you want to crown them, then crown their a--! But they are who we thought they were! And we let 'em off the hook!

This guy crackes me up
    Cincinnati Reds
    Marshall Thundering Herd

Kentucky Wildcats
    Indianapolis Colts

Washington Wizards

season is not over. we are 1 game back in division and 0.5 games back in wildcard plus we got the fish coming to town, we are fine.

Well this is very dissapointing. Phillips was non existant, and the defense in left was horrible... So I have to conceed to you Gomes bashers that he did cost a lot of runs out there... But there were so many mistakes, its hard to fathom.

The Reds need to regroup and Sweep these guys in St.Louis

I am the most negative guy here and I don't even make threads like this, I am a diehard fan. WE will be okay. we will have a day off tomorrow to regroup and we will beat the fish. no worries.

Reds against .500 or above teams:
    ATL: 2-3
    COL: 2-1
    LAD: 3-3
    NYM: 4-2
    OAK: 3-0
    PHI: 2-5
    SD: 1-2
    SFG: 2-2
    STL: 5-10
    Total record vs. .500+ teams: 24-28 (.461)

Reds against teams below .500:
    CHC: 10-3
    CLE: 4-2
    FLA: 2-2
    HOU: 7-2
    KC: 1-2
    MIL: 4-1
    PIT: 8-5
    SEA: 0-3
    WAS: 4-3
    Total record vs. sub-.500 teams: 40-23 (.634)

You may have a point, but I'm sure if you look at every winning team out there they are probably beating up on the weak teams and playing around .500 baseball against winning teams. It just means the Reds are beating the teams they are supposed to (except for KC and SEA). I actually find it impressive that the Reds have a winning or tied record with 7 of 9 sub-.500 teams, and 6 of 6 sub-.500 teams in the NL.

Reds only have losing records against 4 of 9 .500+ teams that they have played, which isn't all that bad.
    Votto for MVP

'19 '40 '75 '76 '90

We're tied with several other teams for the best records over the last 10 games. The real disappointment is that we didn't show up against our division foe, but the larger picture reveals that we're still capable of bouncing back and beating who we're "supposed" to beat.

Just for comparison with my previous post, I looked up the Cards against winning and losing teams...

Cards against .500 or above teams:
    ATL: 4-0
    CIN: 10-5
    COL: 0-3
    LAA: 2-1
    LAD: 4-3
    NYM: 3-3
    OAK: 2-1
    PHI: 4-4
    SFG: 1-2
    TOR: 2-1
    Total record vs. .500+ teams: 33-25 (.569)

Cards against teams below .500:
    ARI: 5-4
    CHC: 3-3
    HOU: 5-7
    MIL: 6-4
    PIT: 5-1
    SEA: 2-1
    WAS: 2-0
    Total record vs. sub-.500 teams: 31-24 (.564)

I was pretty surprised to see they have a better record against winning teams than losing teams. Just means that they show up to play against good teams, while the Reds struggle a bit. I'm not worried, though, since the Reds have an easy schedule down the stretch and play very well against weak teams.
    Votto for MVP

If you throw out the Reds-Cards games this year, the Reds are 19-18 against .500 or better teams, while the Cards are 23-20. That brings their records much more in line with each other.

Obviously you can't throw these games, especially since the Cards are our main competition. But considering we only play them 3 more times, we play above .500 ball against winning teams, and well over .600 ball against losing teams, I think we have a good shot to play well down the stretch.
    Votto for MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Maker_84 View Post
    and thats a barely above .500 team that has fed off a weak division. Look at our record against good teams, u wanna bat at least 500 in those games and we're not even close. This team is not even close to being good
    So it's our fault that the other teams in the NL central are no good? How do you explain the Cards record? I mean really they are 1 game better then us, so are they also only good because they play Central division teams? how do you explain us handling the Mets, handling the Braves? Come on...

Quote Originally Posted by sivman17 View Post
    Just for comparison with my previous post, I looked up the Cards against winning and losing teams...

Cards against .500 or above teams:
    ATL: 4-0
    CIN: 10-5
    COL: 0-3
    LAA: 2-1
    LAD: 4-3
    NYM: 3-3
    OAK: 2-1
    PHI: 4-4
    SFG: 1-2
    TOR: 2-1
    Total record vs. .500+ teams: 33-25 (.569)

Cards against teams below .500:
    ARI: 5-4
    CHC: 3-3
    HOU: 5-7
    MIL: 6-4
    PIT: 5-1
    SEA: 2-1
    WAS: 2-0
    Total record vs. sub-.500 teams: 31-24 (.564)

I was pretty surprised to see they have a better record against winning teams than losing teams. Just means that they show up to play against good teams, while the Reds struggle a bit. I'm not worried, though, since the Reds have an easy schedule down the stretch and play very well against weak teams.
    Look its right in front off all your eyes!

10-5 VERSUS the REDS

5-10 VERSUS the CARDS

That is the stat that marginalizes everything...

This team did not sow up for this series, and Left Field caused the Reds a ton of trouble, but these teams aren't that far apart.

The Cards do have CC and AW and that seperates them a bit...

But Roster to Roster the teams are about even.

Turn Off Ads?