Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Birth of a True Rivalry...Finally

ORG Infidel

Re: The Birth of a True Rivalry...Finally

I for one hate the Cardinals just a little more after this series. If the Reds can battle them each year for the division a good rivalry can form. The main issue as has been stated above is for both teams to be competitive.

The Reds are built to compete for a while, I don't know enough to say the same or otherwise for the Cardinals but I suspect their farm system is stocked as well.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Exactly.

Being a Reds fan and looking for a rival is like being in West Virginia and watching all the WVU fans trying to claim different rivals.

The problem with any rivalry the Reds come up with is that its not going to be reciprocated unless we start winning long term. Same with the other team. If the Cardinals keep winning as do we in then next five years, we could have a true rivalry.

If the Cardinals have a down year during that stretch, they are replaced by the Cubs, Astros, or whoever else in the Central that is competitive.
    A better example would be Marshall thinking that WVU/Marshall is a rivalry.
    Last edited by Homer Bailey; 08-12-2010 at 01:51 PM.

Or an even better example might be WVU fans thinking that they are on the same planet as Ohio State, Alabama, USC, etc, etc, etc............................

Quote Originally Posted by RANDY IN CHAR NC View Post
    Or an even better example might be WVU fans thinking that they are on the same planet as Ohio State, Alabama, USC, etc, etc, etc............................
    Yep. WVU certainly can't compete with the Georgia's, Auburn's and the Oklahoma's of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
    I for one hate the Cardinals just a little more after this series. If the Reds can battle them each year for the division a good rivalry can form. The main issue as has been stated above is for both teams to be competitive.
    I know what you mean. For a long time, the Reds have been my second favorite team. I've veiwed Cincinnati and St. Louis as being very close in many ways. Unfortunately, I've lost a lot of respect for the Reds after this series. That's alright though. If our two teams loved each other, then it wouldn't be much of a rivalry.

Quote Originally Posted by MattyMo4Life View Post
    I know what you mean. For a long time, the Reds have been my second favorite team. I've veiwed Cincinnati and St. Louis as being very close in many ways. Unfortunately, I've lost a lot of respect for the Reds after this series. That's alright though. If our two teams loved each other, then it wouldn't be much of a rivalry.
    It's interesting when an abused spouse starts dishing back the abuse. Suddenly the abuser doesn't like it so much.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post
    It's interesting when an abused spouse starts dishing back the abuse. Suddenly the abuser doesn't like it so much.
    There was no abuse until BP started dishing it out.

Designated Threadkiller LincolnparkRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    Yep. WVU certainly can't compete with the Georgia's, Auburn's and the Oklahoma's of the world.
    hey wait, I see what you did there

Tell ya what, no one is the bigger man in this scenario, you guys keep playing he said, she said... but fact is they all acted like a bunch of 1st graders when they were confronted by WORDS they reacted.

All and all kinda bush if you ask me.

High five!

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Tell ya what, no one is the bigger man in this scenario, you guys keep playing he said, she said... but fact is they all acted like a bunch of 1st graders when they were confronted by WORDS they reacted.

All and all kinda bush if you ask me.
    This.

The "I'm objective (so long as my guys look good and the other guys look bad)" nonsense coming out of both sides is played.

Have you not been paying attention to the dozens of cheap shots the Cardinals have been putting out in the media the last few years? They've been talking trash for several years. Finally someone throws it back at them and they act like they're innocent bystanders.

My goodness, Matty. The laundry list of trash spewed by the Cards these last few years would be enormous.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    Let's see. WVU beat Georgia 38-35 in the 2005 Sugar Bowl

WVU beat Oklahoma 48-28 in the 2007 Fiesta Bowl

WVU beat Auburn 34-17 in the regular season of 2008.

Just saying...

Argument doesn't hold water, but carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    Let's see. WVU beat Georgia 38-35 in the 2005 Sugar Bowl

WVU beat Oklahoma 48-28 in the 2007 Fiesta Bowl

WVU beat Auburn 34-17 in the regular season of 2008.

Just saying...

Argument doesn't hold water, but carry on.
    I'm pretty sure he's a WVU fan and was joking. Sadly misguided lot they are.

Have you not been paying attention to the dozens of cheap shots the Cardinals have been putting out in the media the last few years? They've been talking trash for several years. Finally someone throws it back at them and they act like they're innocent bystanders.

My goodness, Matty. The laundry list of trash spewed by the Cards these last few years would be enormous.
    Everybody talks trash...those comments by Rasmus and Lopez just don't seem like anything unusual. Players on all team make comments like that. It's unusual to see comments like BP's made though.

Turn Off Ads?