Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 127

Thread: What separates the Reds and Cardinals?

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    115

    What separates the Reds and Cardinals?

    Please tell me. Multiple players have played for both teams and the Reds GM is the ex-Cardinals GM.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Posts
    860

    Re: What separates the Reds and Cardinals?

    Carpenter, Wainright

  4. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    mason
    Posts
    748

    Re: What separates the Reds and Cardinals?

    1 game.

    oh and b****es

  5. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    867

    Re: What separates the Reds and Cardinals?

    Quote Originally Posted by bshall2105 View Post
    Carpenter, Wainright
    Yep. Frontline Starter. We get an imitation one with Cueto and some #3's but that's about it.

    Our offense is more balanced, especially around the infield. Defense is better. Bullpens about the same.

    The teams just didn't come together in the series and the Cardinals did, we don't blow them out of the water but we're more evenly matched than this series showed.

  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    115

    Re: What separates the Reds and Cardinals?

    Quote Originally Posted by bshall2105 View Post
    Carpenter, Wainright
    The Reds have more depth in the infield. The Cardinals don't.

  7. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Posts
    860

    Re: What separates the Reds and Cardinals?

    Quote Originally Posted by Defacto View Post
    The Reds have more depth in the infield. The Cardinals don't.
    Too bad for us Miguel Cairo doesn't trump starting pitching.

  8. #7
    All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Lebanon
    Posts
    7,067

    Re: What separates the Reds and Cardinals?

    Quote Originally Posted by RedsIn07 View Post
    Yep. Frontline Starter. We get an imitation one with Cueto and some #3's but that's about it.

    Our offense is more balanced, especially around the infield. Defense is better. Bullpens about the same.

    The teams just didn't come together in the series and the Cardinals did, we don't blow them out of the water but we're more evenly matched than this series showed.
    Agree completely. Reds made mistakes, Cardinals didn't. Gomes and Rolen's errors opened the floodgates. Shouldn't have been that bad.

    We don't have any #1 starters to shut opposing offenses down. Cardinals have 2.

    If Cardinals had made a few errors and opened a few floodgates like our usually good defense did, might have been a different story. We blinked, they didn't.

    Next opponent.
    "I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.

    "Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread

  9. #8
    Member bagz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Peekskill,NY
    Posts
    134

    Re: What separates the Reds and Cardinals?

    When we urinate we stand up. When they urinate they have to squat.
    And just 1 game.

  10. #9
    Member bagz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Peekskill,NY
    Posts
    134

    Re: What separates the Reds and Cardinals?

    They've got those 2 aces, and playoff experience. Not much else that we don't have. Our pitching is younger and has more depth but without a true ace. Our hitting is usually better and our defense is usually better.

  11. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Posts
    860

    Re: What separates the Reds and Cardinals?

    Don't forget enough money to pay Holliday, Pujols, and Carpenter.

  12. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,006

    Re: What separates the Reds and Cardinals?

    HGH

  13. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Harrisburg, Pa
    Posts
    10

    Re: What separates the Reds and Cardinals?

    Just not used to the spotlight...The Cards are much more experienced...

  14. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2

    Re: What separates the Reds and Cardinals?

    A couple of elite players and some experience. Reds' youthful energy and enthusiasm closes that gap a bit. Experience comes with time and veteran leadership.

  15. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    115

    Re: What separates the Reds and Cardinals?

    Quote Originally Posted by bagz View Post
    They've got those 2 aces, and playoff experience. Not much else that we don't have. Our pitching is younger and has more depth but without a true ace. Our hitting is usually better and our defense is usually better.
    Rolen, Edmonds, Arroyo, Springer, Lincoln, Owings, Rhodes, Hernandez and Gomes all have playoff experience.

  16. #15
    All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Lebanon
    Posts
    7,067

    Re: What separates the Reds and Cardinals?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Burton View Post
    HGH
    "I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.

    "Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25