Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Cardinal trolling is beyond ridiculous right now.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The Cardinal trolling is beyond ridiculous right now.

Seriously I dont know if this is too much to ask but can we please shut down registration? The amount of cardinal fan trolls has increased such massive amounts that for every 1 post from a Reds fan there seems to be 2 blatant trolling post in response.

I enjoy posting here. I enjoy not seeing eye to eye with random Red fans on issues involving the team, but when it comes to guys spamming new accounts and just trolling and derailing every thread or creating accounts to trying to troll as "Reds fans".

It's totally pointless for anyone to post in the Sun Deck right now. There is no discussion its trolling and derailing of every thread.

You guys please have to do something other than just banning people. I know you guys are trying but it's not working. There is a new troll every hour pissing every single good member you have in the Sun Deck off. I'm honestly pretty close to not even visiting the site due to this nonsense.

Re: The Cardinal trolling is beyond ridiculous right now.

I've been on other sites that have a waiting period after registration before you can post. I think if you make a 1 or 2-week period where you can read the boards but not post, that would knock out all of the ridiculousness from Cards trolls.

That's my recommendation. I just don't foresee Cards fans coming on here a week or two after this series to start talking smack about it. Everyone will have moved on and would be talking about the new series going on with different teams. I guess they would be around for the next series in September, so maybe the waiting period should be a little longer, like a month or two months.
    Votto for MVP

I am sorry if I have rubbed anyone the wrong way in my less than a day here.

Quote Originally Posted by Defacto View Post
    I am sorry if I have rubbed anyone the wrong way in my less than a day here.
    The issue is even the cardinals fans that arent here to cause trouble are being drowned out by the trolls. It ruins every discussion especially game threads when you there is back and forth CRAP. There is no flow to our game threads right now because 6 pages go by because a Reds fan is getting trolled by a Cardinal troll.

Its flat out painful that no matter a POV someone is goin to come in and accuse reds fans of being "homers" on a Reds fan forum. The he said she said crap makes any thread right now regardless if someone post in it or not.

I've been trying to avoid these threads so I dont get baited in like I have a history of. The issue is I cant even read a thread and find something worth replying to because someone is going to get smart and someone is going to reply and Boom dead thread and topic for anyone interested.

The issue has been discussed a lot in the moderator forum, including the mention of a waiting period between registration and the ability to post. Registration was shut down for the remainder of the Cardinals series, so hopefully that may have helped a little.

We have addressed it as best we can in the short time we have had to react. I must admit that it caught me (and probably others) off-guard. I haven't seen anything like this in the ten years the board has been active.

The reality of the situation is that all of us cannot be on the board at the same to discuss it in real time, so posts and subsequent replies are spread out to some extent. But be assured that we will continue to address the situation.

It's late and I'm tired, so that's all I have to add right now. But I'm sure the other moderators and the administrators will have more to add. We understand your frustration and certainly share it. This and the results on the field have made for a frustrating three days.

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

I certainly know you have been trying. I have seen officers basically sitting in game threads waiting to pull the trigger and snipe people quickly. I appreciate that you guys did shut it down, I guess people made those accounts prior because there seems to be a ton still getting through. Maybe its open again. I dont know really.

I just know its been really tough on Sun Deck posters. I know its annoying for officers, and I hope it calms down. I do see a sticky saying basically the leash has been tightened and its probably a decent step.

Thanks.

Continue to report posts that violate the rules of the board and we will deal with the users as soon as humanly possible. In the meantime, do not give them what they're looking for by responding and getting into an argument because that's what they want to incite. All moderators have the authority to ban users, so all it takes it one person to see the problem and take action. We do not want to further limit registration to prevent anyone that is not here to cause problems from registration in the middle of a Reds' pennant race.

Would be nice if we could just make a "below X amount of post ignore list"

I hate to keep complaining but seriously how can this continue? The whole purpose of these so called Cardinal fans are here is to troll. I know its nice to sit up in the ORG and be shielded away from this nonsense but you are really really letting the Sun Deck be ruined by flat out worthless posters.

I dont know what you guys consider trolling but if you cant curb it then you have to find a better solution than just coming in a few hours after these threads are ruined and ban people. Its non freaking stop right now. Every thread is a troll. EVERY THREAD is getting trolled.

I guess I'll just have to stick to the minor league forum.

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    I hate to keep complaining but seriously how can this continue? The whole purpose of these so called Cardinal fans are here is to troll. I know its nice to sit up in the ORG and be shielded away from this nonsense but you are really really letting the Sun Deck be ruined by flat out worthless posters.

I dont know what you guys consider trolling but if you cant curb it then you have to find a better solution than just coming in a few hours after these threads are ruined and ban people. Its non freaking stop right now. Every thread is a troll. EVERY THREAD is getting trolled.

I guess I'll just have to stick to the minor league forum.
    Just alert on what you think is trolling. Hopefully, the mods/admin will respect you for that. They will make the decision. I understand your frustration, but calling out the trolls in a thread like this is what the trolls want to do to you. They see this thread as a victory. Just alert and ignore it and let the mods/admins straightened out.

Quote Originally Posted by RBA View Post
    Just alert on what you think is trolling. Hopefully, the mods/admin will respect you for that. They will make the decision. I understand your frustration, but calling out the trolls in a thread like this is what the trolls want to do to you. They see this thread as a victory. Just alert and ignore it and let the mods/admins straightened out.
    This.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Quote Originally Posted by RBA View Post
    I understand, but you guys do realize that the sun deck is basically ESPN.com forums right now. You honestly want me to report every post? You seriously enjoy that no matter the topic it gets derailed with in a matter of 5 post? By the time a mod replies the damage is done. Seriously there are at least 10 trolls right now in the Sun Deck doing nothing but bickering with people. Ignoring it is a part of the process but you seriously cant expect people to just sit there, and never post.

The options now are
    a. Dont post or reply to anything
    b. ignore every poster
    c. hope you get a reply worth reading until the thread is blown up by trolls
    d. report every thread while reading every post that is the cause of the problem.

Maybe you guys should just start closing threads or allowing these posters to post in the ORG and see how you like it. Honestly its beyond just reporting and banning.

I see a banner up in the corner on this webside "Redszone: For Reds fans, by Reds fans". Couldnt be farther from the truth right now.

Also I would like to add that its not even all trolls. Its the replies from people after they get trolled. It's bringing the pitiful out of everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    Also I would like to add that its not even all trolls. Its the replies from people after they get trolled. It's bringing the pitiful out of everyone.
    I'll agree with GIDP on this. I'm seeing some reactions from the "regulars" that I won't say is disappointing, but is a little shocking. I don't blame them, I've sat on my hands myself a number of times this last week to stop myself from making completely rude comments.

I know if we just ride it out it will stop, but something needs to be put in place before the next series because you know they'll be back in full force yet again then.

I've been reading the ORG section far more today than I normally do. Mostly because I get enough of Cardinals fans live and in person. I don't want to deal with them on what's supposed to be a safe haven for Reds fans.

The Buckeye Bomber

I have a few thoughts on the issue(s) discussed here. I'll try to break them up to make things as clear as possible.

1) A number of the Cardinals fans I've run into over the past few days in TSD are reasonable people. I'm personally not a fan of allowing fans from other franchises to register on a Cincinnati Reds forum (There are MLB-wide forums out there that allow for fanbase v. fanbase interaction already)... however, I hate to see the decent STL fans here getting buried in the same mass grave that the trolls are being buried in. Some of us are so angry over the Cardinals trolling that we're giving the same rough treatment to otherwise reasonable Cardinals fans. There's no reason to get personal with an intelligent fan of a rival team. To me, a fanatic of a rival team is easily more likable than a person who, say, doesn't even care about baseball.

2) The best way to kill off this wave of trolling is to try to ignore it. If you reply to a trolling post, simply acknowledge that it is a troll posting, report the post and move on. Don't get roped into an argument. The entire nature of "Trolling" is going onto a forum and trying to create conflict. If you lose your mind over a troll's post, you're ENCOURAGING him to keep trolling you. If everyone just tries to get past it without drama, these people will get bored and go back to their respective STL forums sooner than they otherwise would.

3) The trolling should die down regardless now that the series is over. Even with all the bad blood, if you're a Cardinals fan that wants to harass Reds fans - chances are you've already picked your forum of choice by now. The number of new Cards fans coming in here to start trouble will be smaller than the number of already registered Cards fans being banned (or getting bored) after starting trouble. It'll work itself out.

-----

I do think the Sun Deck is especially hard to sift through right now. No doubt about that.
    I hate the Cardinals. I hate the Cubs.
    Let's. Go. Reds.
    "Per Aspera Ad Astra"

Turn Off Ads?