Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Cardinal trolling is beyond ridiculous right now.

Re: The Cardinal trolling is beyond ridiculous right now.

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    the problem was just that the bad posters were so plentiful that it had everyone on edge, giving every cardinal fan a bad wrap, and that it was bringing the worst out of people who genuinely were pretty good posters. It was just a tornado of trash filling it up.

It's certainly calmed down as of late, still not perfect but it has calmed for sure. I'm guessing the storm it over.
    Ignore them and do not respond to any post they make, bam problem solved.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    Ignore them and do not respond to any post they make, bam problem solved.
    If only it was that simple. I didnt respond to them that much once I figured out that it was obviously a lost cause. The issue was that other people would, or that the trolls would go to any thread and ruin it. It basically made it impossible to read post even if you didnt respond to them.

But for the most part it looks over with for now.

If only it was that simple. I didnt respond to them that much once I figured out that it was obviously a lost cause. The issue was that other people would, or that the trolls would go to any thread and ruin it. It basically made it impossible to read post even if you didnt respond to them.

But for the most part it looks over with for now.
    Actually it is that easy, all they want is for you to respond. There is very little in the Sun Deck worth responding to anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    Actually it is that easy, all they want is for you to respond. There is very little in the Sun Deck worth responding to anyway.
    Ok now if only every single person on the board would do it. Like I said its not that easy to just never post and expect everyone to never reply. People are going to fall for it even if they dont mean to.

Ok now if only every single person on the board would do it. Like I said its not that easy to just never post and expect everyone to never reply. People are going to fall for it even if they dont mean to.
    Just dont repsond or ignore it. It sucks but it will only be for a short while, once the Cardinals fall 5 or 6 games out they will stop caring.

Report posts that appear to be trolling. We will do our best to sort through and deal with it.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

I Love Birds

It's certainly calmed down as of late, still not perfect but it has calmed for sure. I'm guessing the storm it over.
    I'm guessing that's just until the Reds come to St. Louis in a couple weeks...
    (Watching a couple kissing at Busch Stadium) “Well, he’s kissing her on the strikes and she’s kissing him on the balls.”---a classic "Shannonism" from Cardinals broadcaster Mike Shannon

As others have mentioned, this was largely unprecedented in the history of RZ, and we were caught off guard. We're wiser to it now and anticipate another round of visitors for the next Cardinals series.
    Last edited by paintmered; 08-15-2010 at 10:09 PM.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    Thank you for your feedback. It's not really what any of us wanted to do, but I've made a temporary change: registration is still open, but new members are not allowed to post without first being approved by an administrator/moderator. In the 10+ years of running this site, this sort of problem has never come about, so excuse us if we were unprepared because it was unexpected. On one hand, it's refreshing to see the Reds playing well enough to provoke this kind of reaction from fans of a rival team.

In the meantime, please continue reporting any posts that violate the rules of the board and we'll deal with them accordingly. Thank you for your patience.
    It really is odd.

In 20+ years of posting on forums, I've never used an "ignore" button before. I'm extremely tolerant when it comes to others' viewpoints about things. Whether I agree with them or not or like them or not, I'm still willing to listen to their opinions. But, these weren't opinions. I used it 5 times during the Cardinals series and got tired of using it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    It really is odd.

In 20+ years of posting on forums, I've never used an "ignore" button before.
    You were posting on forums in 1990? That's a serious question, because I'm not sure what you mean.

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

Quote Originally Posted by macro View Post
    You were posting on forums in 1990? That's a serious question, because I'm not sure what you mean.
    I was posting on forums (referred to as "bulletin boards" back then) in 1988, actually. When modems were 150Kb, and I'd use my computer to make phone calls even back then.

Everything was in text mode. I still prefer text mode over anything. Really can't stand all the bells and whistles.

It's been a while, but I believe I posted on The Enquirer's bulletin boards back in 1991. I'm sure that 10-15% of the posters here were doing that then, too.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 08-16-2010 at 01:02 AM.

Hmmm...interesting. So, did you specifically call that bulletin board's number? I take it that the connection was just between you and the host computer and no others (unless you dialed a different number)?

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

Quote Originally Posted by macro View Post
    Hmmm...interesting. So, did you specifically call that bulletin board's number? I take it that the connection was just between you and the host computer and no others (unless you dialed a different number)?
    Yep. Dialed in with a dumb terminal (vt100, etc.) and modem.

Probably more than what you wanted to know but an interesting read from a computer historical viewpoint....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bulletin_board_system
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

For some of you youngsters, watch WarGames. That movie was made in 1983 and it showed bbs and modems.

High five!

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    Yep. Dialed in with a dumb terminal (vt100, etc.) and modem.

Probably more than what you wanted to know but an interesting read from a computer historical viewpoint....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bulletin_board_system
    Yep. I used to be on several BBS systems in 1985.

I thought I was pretty cool with my 1200 baud modem!

Turn Off Ads?